You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna

AFC and BFC on harekaze

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
541 posts
2,896 battles

im looking at the harekaze's steath and wondering if its possib le to boost her gun range to make her capable of firing from stealth would running the 100mm rifles with basaic fire and advanced fire control be worth looking into to acheive steath firing?

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,094 battles

Firing from stealth? As in open water stealth firing? That mechanic has been removed. The boat can still shoot from behind low islands or smoke and remain unseen but nothing will give the ability to stand off, shoot, and not be seen. Only if you can time your firing from max range at a target about to enter your gun range can you get something like stealth firing.

Members
469 posts
12,428 battles

You can never fire from stealth now.

When your guns are fired you automatically become detected at your maximum gun range.

So when the guns bloom out anyone within range and not hindered by smoke will spot you.

Members
603 posts
7,089 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

im looking at the harekaze's steath and wondering if its possib le to boost her gun range to make her capable of firing from stealth would running the 100mm rifles with basaic fire and advanced fire control be worth looking into to acheive steath firing?

First off, Stealth firing is gone unless you are behind island where no one can spot you / firing from smoke

I, too, wanted my Harekaze to be able to fire more than 9.4km. 

yet this ship has too many handicaps from the beginning, and you need all 19 capt. pt to make her work. I still can't find I build which I can use AFT on this ship (feel like this ship need a 23pt capt. XD)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
541 posts
2,896 battles
37 minutes ago, SkyRail said:

First off, Stealth firing is gone unless you are behind island where no one can spot you / firing from smoke

I, too, wanted my Harekaze to be able to fire more than 9.4km. 

yet this ship has too many handicaps from the beginning, and you need all 19 capt. pt to make her work. I still can't find I build which I can use AFT on this ship (feel like this ship need a 23pt capt. XD)

thanks fr the input, i had a hope alas it seems that keeping her as a torp boat with close range gunns for making other DD's regret detecting you is the best play to play her

[HEROS]
Members
1,426 posts
11,995 battles

I strongly DO NOT recommend AFT.. BFT is usable, it brings your rate of fire down to 2.7 seconds per gun from 3.  AFT however while it does give you a range increase, that extra range has a very BAD side effect when your running away.  Remember your surface spotting distance is the same as your gun range, and that means it's going to take that much longer to drive out of gun range if that range is increased with AFT.  It may only be a couple Km but you've the SMALLEST HP pool stock of all tier 8 DD's (SE helps..2800 HP!) and that is at the minimum another 20 seconds your going to be under fire until you either drive out of range where they CANNOT see you to shoot you any longer.

It's your call to make, it's your ship!