You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

The Daily Bounce dev plans for 2018.

51 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,118 battles

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Those who whined about detonations will now get their cheese and crackers. Random entertaining events are just flying out the window...

No more chuckles allowed. Bah humbug!

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles

Till an actual dev comes out and confirms the MM change, it's horse****. Don't overhype then have your dreams crushed.

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles

Themed Updates sound like an overall loss imo.

We got 4 lines this year, apparently they want to make an event for each of those. That's a lot of extra content just for a new line, and I would rather see it directed elsewhere.

Not that its not a good thing, but it sounds suspiciously like "more time needed for each update".

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,830 posts
9,581 battles
21 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Till an actual dev comes out and confirms the MM change, it's horse****. Don't overhype then have your dreams crushed.

But crushing peoples unrealistic dreams is like crushing bubble wrap. Who doesn't enjoy that?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Themed Updates sound like an overall loss imo.

We got 4 lines this year, apparently they want to make an event for each of those. That's a lot of extra content just for a new line, and I would rather see it directed elsewhere.

Not that its not a good thing, but it sounds suspiciously like "more time needed for each update".

Well, it sounds like the new content planned to come with the French BB line includes a new port and a legendary French captain.  New ports and special captains have been very popular in the past, so it seems like a smart decision on WG's part to include them in a themed package.

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
24 minutes ago, Khafni said:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Those who whined about detonations will now get their cheese and crackers. Random entertaining events are just flying out the window...

No more chuckles allowed. Bah humbug!

Random Detonations do not, have not and will not have anything positive on this game, there is enough RNG to keep people frustrated that the removal of a completely random happening won't be missed by ANYONE who prefers a skill based hard fought win vs another.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 4

[LEGIO]
Members
2,990 posts
5,408 battles
1 minute ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Random Detonations do not, have not and will not have anything positive on this game, there is enough RNG to keep people frustrated that the removal of a completely random happening won't be missed by ANYONE who prefers a skill based hard fought win vs another.

I enjoy random detonations and a when polled a majority of players want to keep them in.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[-BMV-]
Members
1,196 posts
5,651 battles
4 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

I enjoy them to be honest. I find it adds some excitement to a game that can get a bit slow at times.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,118 battles
5 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Detonations take nothing away from skill. They up the ante for the remainder of the team to show what they've got. Having one or two detonations on a team in a battle is not a guaranteed loss - if that team doesn't lose heart and brings their A game.

I still say keep the detonations but make them something worth watching.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
18 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

But crushing peoples unrealistic dreams is like crushing bubble wrap. Who doesn't enjoy that?

Best-25-touche-meme-2.jpg

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
12 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Many players don't care at all about "skill based hard fought wins."  I fight hard for stuff at work.  I play World of Warships to cruise around in detailed model shjps and blow other ships up with cannons and torpedoes.  That is clearly the view of most WoWS players.  Detonating enemy ships is exciting and enjoyable.  Even being detonated is funny most of the time.  I really don't care if it detracts from the "skill" required to win in this casual-friendly game with a small niche market.  None of us are ever going pro and nobody cares if your stats are a couple percentage points low because of detonations.  Besides, what kind of 20th century naval warfare game would this be if Bismark couldn't make Hood explode?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
1,299 posts
21,041 battles

Do the French have a legendary Captain?  I mean they've been getting their nautical asses kicked since the U.S. War for Independence.

Their army is another story, up until WW2 and the politicians screwed 'em over and they gave up. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
19 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Out of nearly 430 random battles, I've been detonated a total of one time. One single time. Out of ALL battle I've been in,  co-op, random, ect, I've been detonated 3 times total, that I could clearly tell I was detonated. 3 times, out of over 1000 total battles in this game.

Thats barely anything. I get detonated so little that I rarely if ever fly anti-det flags because I feel I never need them. In fact, a couple of my ships even run flags that increase my chance to detonate!

Seriously, quit yer b****ing. Dets are fine.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
4 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Do the French have a legendary Captain?

Well, maybe not one as legendary as Steven Seagall or Jack Dunkirk, but I think WG could probably come up with something.  The point is having a special commander for French ships is something most players would probably like.

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
6 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Out of nearly 430 random battles, I've been detonated a total of one time. One single time. Out of ALL battle I've been in,  co-op, random, ect, I've been detonated 3 times total, that I could clearly tell I was detonated. 3 times, out of over 1000 total battles in this game.

Thats barely anything. I get detonated so little that I rarely if ever fly anti-det flags because I feel I never need them. In fact, a couple of my ships even run flags that increase my chance to detonate!

Seriously, quit yer b****ing. Dets are fine.

11 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

Many players don't care at all about "skill based hard fought wins."  I fight hard for stuff at work.  I play World of Warships to cruise around in detailed model shjps and blow other ships up with cannons and torpedoes.  That is clearly the view of most WoWS players.  Detonating enemy ships is exciting and enjoyable.  Even being detonated is funny most of the time.  I really don't care if it detracts from the "skill" required to win in this casual-friendly game with a small niche market.  None of us are ever going pro and nobody cares if your stats are a couple percentage points low because of detonations.  Besides, what kind of 20th century naval warfare game would this be if Bismark couldn't make Hood explode?

You people are Manic, where do you see that I was mentioning anything about stats, casuals, that I was completely against them or saying they were too frequent or often.     Most of you need some serious reading comprehension lessons and less emotional responses.   They provide no benefit to the game in my opinion.

Edited by Shadowrigger1
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,036 battles

For me we will see if there changes are actual changes or just some other fallen promise of what isn't needed in the game. Accuracy in ship design would go a much longer way instead fo made up stats that are fake, and or wrong.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,964 battles
42 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

25 times… I got detonated 25 times in 4500+ battles. If we take 4500/25 = 180. Once in the 180 battles I got detonated. I don’t understand the fuss about detonations... It happens sometimes and you get flags for it in return. Yeah it can be annoying I admitt that but he, only once in the 180 battles? Sign me up for that and nothing less…

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,561 posts
32 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Detonations take nothing away from skill. They up the ante for the remainder of the team to show what they've got. Having one or two detonations on a team in a battle is not a guaranteed loss - if that team doesn't lose heart and brings their A game.

I still say keep the detonations but make them something worth watching.

Very well said.

Life hardly has fixed parameters - throw conflict in and much of the 'known/expected' parameters are thrown even farther out of kilter.

Of course this isn't real life, it's a game. But it is a game based on conflict, and in conflict sometimes the unexpected can happen.

If you want a game based on skill then have all ships the same, all captains the same etc. Then you will know that someone has beaten you on as close to a level playing field as possible.

If you want a game based on conflict, then I don't think a 'crap happens' game mechanic along the lines of the current det mechanic is such a big deal.. 

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
798 posts

It would be interesting to see how many BB players are for or against detonations and how many CA players are for or against detonations. I would put money down more BB players are for them and more CA players are against.

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

You want a game that's skill based, play chess.

[5D]
Members
1,245 posts
7,213 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Yasssss! 

Gah... I'm a horrible person...

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,830 posts
9,581 battles

I get detonated in my Khab all the time. I've gotten detonated from full health or near full health many times. 

Won't someone think of the Khab drivers?

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles
4 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I get detonated in my Khab all the time. I've gotten detonated from full health or near full health many times. 

I just thought of a Khabarovsk getting detonated at full health and my whole day feels brighter.  Thanks.

Edited by Vaidency

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,118 battles
8 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Every time I see a Khab I think of how I can put tremendous damage, directly on his magazine hitbox, in one dsalvo as I can so he will blow up. I have never been successful - with the Khab...