You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Svetgar

Quick question about the HSF ships..

16 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

I don't have any of them but since it is a Japanese anime I would guess Japanese.

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,774 battles

I don't own either one but as far as i know all the Special Anime Commander voice overs are Japanese only.

If you have the commander voice overs set to English they will all be the default English voice overs, if you set it to Japanese or International it will be the character voice overs.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles

I have them both....

Both sport high pitched and highly excitable Japanese schoolgirls voice over...

They become very emotional over even the most mundane and regular communications...

I used to want to delete whatever file that contained these aural abominations...

I now enjoy them even though I couldn't imagine what they are saying...

I know I'm dating myself, but they sound like Cousin It of the original Munsters TV comedy (as a little kid I used to  ROFL everytime he or It spoke, hell, I still do...)

download (7).jpg

Edited by Sinton
syntax and euphemism

[PVE]
Members
9,758 posts
7,472 battles
10 minutes ago, Sinton said:

I have them both....

Both sport high pitched and highly excitable Japanese schoolgirls voice over...

They become very emotional over even the most mundane and regular communications...

I used to want to delete whatever file that contained these aural abominations...

I now enjoy them even though I couldn't imagine what they are saying...

I know I'm dating myself, but they sound like Cousin It of the original Munsters TV comedy (as a little kid I used to  ROFL everytime he or It spoke, hell, I still do...)

download (7).jpg

I find the Japanese schoolgirl voices to be hilarious, even tho I don't know what they are saying. In a recent battle, I was set on fire and the anime voice lost it. I was laughing and almost forgot to put out the multiple fires. Much better than Steven "Sedated" Seagal.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

They're all in Japanese.  They are all very much "in character" and very much exaggerated, cartoonish voices.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They're all in Japanese.  They are all very much "in character" and very much exaggerated, cartoonish voices.

But isn't that what makes them so much fun to use (when the voices are actually working)?

UOwVSEb.gif

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

But isn't that what makes them so much fun to use (when the voices are actually working)?

It depends on the voice and how it's being used.  I get much less mileage out of cutesy female voices than others, I suppose.

• Funny 1

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

i know, I got an education from my only son who was an anime' devote'.  I love him very much and surprised him by flying him to San Fran to see a holographic Hatsune Miku concert.  The things we do for our kids...I was one of the few adults there and swore to my son that if I took him across country again to an Anime' concert I would dye my hair blue and sport a way too small vinyl backpack (my old large US Army rucksak would not do!).

download.jpg

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,952 posts
7,526 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It depends on the voice and how it's being used.  I get much less mileage out of cutesy female voices than others, I suppose.

You and me both, sister, you and me both.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,083 posts
8,969 battles

I can't use them without making a rude comment out loud. Wife shut that beep down ( Negan voice)

Members
26 posts
1,336 battles

OK thanks for the info.

I play WoT on my Xbox as well and was stoked when the Valkyria Chronicles tanks arrived, even with the proper commanders! Then they started screaming at me in Japanese and now I don't even use them to drive their own tanks. :(

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles

Buys a premium ship

plays with premium ship's original captains...

worse yet

buys a premium ship with fanservice original captain while not a fan of the fandom

then...

plays said ship with the original captain.

OP.... i hav eno words

Beta Testers
614 posts
18 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

:Smile_great:  Same here.  I installed one in my Gneissenau, and that lasted about 3 missions.  She’s an 11 point Capt and she sits in reserve. Annoying is a word that comes to mind, even if I can guess what she’s saying.   I can’t even remember where she came from. 

So glad I came of age in the 60s. I guess we didn’t know what we were missing. 

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles
On 12/27/2017 at 8:58 AM, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

interesting tidbit...I just realized that I've got Thea (the graf spee commander) in the Harekaze.   didn't realize you could use them in either boat.  

When you go the avatar for an HSF Cpt. there is drop down menu next to the picture.  They can crew lots of types of boats in IJN and the KM!