You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Amracil

Terrible Lag Today

30 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
720 posts
11,923 battles

Anyone else having issues with lag today? First game today started out fine, lag increasing throughout the game until it became so bad it was unplayable. Finished game (survived, miraculously), restarted modem. Second game, same issue. No lag at start of game, but increasing lag as the game continued. By the end of the game I was several seconds out of sync, I think.

Respects,

Am

(*Edit to add: I ran IP speed test after both games. Upload and download are normal.)

Edited by Amracil

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles

Disconnected 3 times, always just before loading in. A real PITA 

Other games no issues. :/

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

We definitely appreciate you reporting this.  We're monitoring our services to ensure this is not an ongoing issue.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
720 posts
11,923 battles

Have not disconnected. Yet. Tried a third game. First two were in DDs. Third was in a cruiser. Same issue. Earned 24 hours of premium time, but the game is unplayable for me so that benefit is wasted. Won't be playing again today, I think. Maybe whatever the issue is will be resolved tomorrow.

Respects,

Am

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
720 posts
11,923 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

We definitely appreciate you reporting this.  We're monitoring our services to ensure this is not an ongoing issue.

Thanks, brother. I know you guys try to stay on top of things like this.

Respects,

Am

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
32,337 battles
25 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Since the last update, I've noticed that disconnects, game crashes, and other problems seem to be a little more common. The gremlins hit me about 2-3 times a day, and other players have mentioned similar trouble. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,264 battles
3 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

Since the last update, I've noticed that disconnects, game crashes, and other problems seem to be a little more common. The gremlins hit me about 2-3 times a day, and other players have mentioned similar trouble. 

I've been getting crashes also. Mostly after a game on the way back to port, but a few times loading into battle also.

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,358 battles

Terrible Players today, but it's the holidays and the worst the internet has to offer are out in force in the gaming community .

Members
9,959 posts
39 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

Same. Up until 6.13 I had never experienced crashes in this game, have seen a lot since then.

I've had lag and delays loading, even hangups in the load screen, but until recently, the game wouldn't crash on me at all.

Members
100 posts
2,445 battles

Had one disconnect today, noticed some occasional lag firing my guns. It's annoying that guns are not fired until given the OK by the server, but I assume that's because the hit detection is being done server side?

Members
638 posts
7,035 battles

Game crashes are assume. 

It seems to me that the game crashes most often when I'm swooping in to with in 7 km to stealth launch torpedos.

It never crashes when I'm in total safety and would have enough time to restart and log back in.

On the times I do log back in, in time to save myself, those are for sure, LOL moments. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,887 battles

Wasn't the lag for me. I got 6 times kicked from the server when I wanted to load into a battle, 2 times in ranked.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles

Had some bad lag spikes, desyncs, and 1 disconnect while playing around 2pm-3pm eastern time on the NA server. It was bad for and 30 minutes but by 3pm it started working fine again

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
32,337 battles
1 hour ago, Psycodiver said:

Had some bad lag spikes, desyncs, and 1 disconnect while playing around 2pm-3pm eastern time on the NA server. It was bad for and 30 minutes but by 3pm it started working fine again

Hmmm...I was playing around the same time. In one battle, another player mentioned a large spike in his ping rate (something in the thousands, IIRC ). I wonder if something was happening on the NA server this afternoon. 

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
7 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Same. I also had two games where my fps dropped to 30. After around one hour all went back to normal.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
720 posts
11,923 battles

UPDATE: Just played a game and had no issues whatsoever. Whatever was going in seems to have resolved.

Respects,

Am

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
3 hours ago, Amracil said:

UPDATE: Just played a game and had no issues whatsoever. Whatever was going in seems to have resolved.

Respects,

Am

Still happening with freezes, crashes, and late loads, and there are bugs in the Niara OP. ( I know I likely spelled it wrong) 

The You will have major freeze that if you try a quick reload will simply keep crashing and crashing until the OP is finished.

Have not tried it with too many ships, mostly my Gneisenau and it happens either when you are entering the enemy base line to get to the area with the last fort and CV or when you get beyond that when they dozen the final or at least what I assume is final enemy ship wave.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,803 posts
10,579 battles
15 hours ago, Amracil said:

Anyone else having issues with lag today? First game today started out fine, lag increasing throughout the game until it became so bad it was unplayable. Finished game (survived, miraculously), restarted modem. Second game, same issue. No lag at start of game, but increasing lag as the game continued. By the end of the game I was several seconds out of sync, I think.

Respects,

Am

(*Edit to add: I ran IP speed test after both games. Upload and download are normal.)

I didn't get to play much yesterday. Just 2 games. 1st one was fine but second one the lag was HORRENDOUS! One of only a few times since I 1st started playing the game I have had issues with it. Was making hitting things impossible. The shots weren't landing even close to where you were aiming. WAAYYY off. After it was so bad in 2nd game witch caused a loss I just stopped playing. Man it was bad. The other team members were also complaining about it.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,264 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Still happening with freezes, crashes, and late loads, and there are bugs in the Niara OP. ( I know I likely spelled it wrong) 

The You will have major freeze that if you try a quick reload will simply keep crashing and crashing until the OP is finished.

Have not tried it with too many ships, mostly my Gneisenau and it happens either when you are entering the enemy base line to get to the area with the last fort and CV or when you get beyond that when they dozen the final or at least what I assume is final enemy ship wave.

I've been having FPS drops there too, seems to me to be too many torps and planes in the air, but, then again my PC is a toaster!

It does make the game almost unplayable though.

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
32,337 battles

A bit of an update...

I've been playing off and on today since about 900am US Eastern time. After a combination of a dozen or so ranked, scenario, and coop games, I haven't experienced any trouble, nor have I seen any obvious problems for team mates. Perhaps the NA server maintenance we had this morning helped to clean things up.

[-POI-]
Members
61 posts
2,828 battles

I've had some issues with the Narai operation as well. I've been disconnected at least four times while playing and I've noticed a little more lag while playing it than usual. The same has been reported by other players during battle. 

Members
280 posts
On 12/26/2017 at 10:26 AM, Radar_X said:

It's been ongoing for months on end now. Lag, disconnects, "Critical Error/unhandled exception errors". Don't they think its time to look into it and maybe fix it?

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles
1 minute ago, Noone_You_Know said:

It's been ongoing for months on end now. Lag, disconnects, "Critical Error/unhandled exception errors". Don't they think its time to look into it and maybe fix it?

Unfortunately what you are describing could be a host of issues.  Critical errors/crashes are certainly something likely related to the game code and if you can reproduce this we really would appreciate any information you have.

Lag and disconnects are much larger and harder to track down issue.  There is a lot that happens to get data from your PC to our server and unfortunately we only control a small portion of that pipeline.  There are certainly issues on our end which could cause disconnects and lag but the most frequent culprit historically is ISP connections.  We'd need a lot more information from multiple folks to start tracking an issue like that down. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
32,337 battles
3 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Lag and disconnects are much larger and harder to track down issue.  There is a lot that happens to get data from your PC to our server and unfortunately we only control a small portion of that pipeline.  There are certainly issues on our end which could cause disconnects and lag but the most frequent culprit historically is ISP connections.  We'd need a lot more information from multiple folks to start tracking an issue like that down. 

I honestly don't get concerned when problems crop up every now and then. Considering that the game has to work for thousands of users ( And all of us have different computers, operating systems, internet connections, etc, etc...), I find it remarkable that it works as well as it does.

However, I do try to keep track of how often the frequency & severity of problems seems to noticeably increase, as the case has been for the past couple of weeks ( Not just for me, but other players as well ).