You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Monarch or North Carolina for T8 Ranked

10 comments in this topic

Members
699 posts
10,483 battles

I play mostly Atago in ranked with 12 pt captain, but have taken out NC once, and not impressed using 13 pt captain. Love the KGV in general with 14 pt captain. On NA stats, Monarch is outperforming NC quite a bit in every category except planes destroyed (KGV<<<NC) and K/D ratio (KGV>NC). 

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ships/

Thinking of continuing up the BB line with the RN, and selling the NC for the Monarch as  the next step, and using it in ranked T8 off the bat.

Would appreciate feed back on Monarch versus NC.

Members
1,458 posts
12,302 battles

Stats lie - Monarch is terrible - love to see it on the other side in ranked or any battle type.  Don't think ranked plays to it style, fire setting stealth boat so will struggle.

[TBW]
Members
6,398 posts
12,011 battles

The nice thing about tier 8 Ranked is that the grind to tier 9 has just hit the easy button.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
436 posts
18,692 battles

North Carolina Plays better in Ranked Overall but the Monarch isn't bad with the right person like me with it. But Keep in mind all my captains are 19 point captains so My gameplay is different then yours. Get those Captain Skills up to get to full potential. 

Members
6,913 posts
7,508 battles

Monarch has vastly outperformed NC in my 25-ish rounds. In fact, every round that had a Monarch was won by the team that had it(Strangely, not one of my rounds featured a Monarch on both teams). More oddly, every team in my rounds with a Bama lost(Also again strangely, not one round with a Bama on both teams).

This season is just so...frustratingly odd.

[B-K-N]
Members
21 posts
4,327 battles

Assuming the ship is properly balanced lot of new ships/units (in any game not just this) will spike early as really serious players usually get in them first.  So I think the Monarch's numbers are a bit inflated still as not many casual players have had it very long (or at all yet) when compared to serious players which are in general better.   Even less likely is a casual player who plays multiple ships that distracts them, who may not even be close to it yet.  I'd check again when it's been in the game longer and watch the stats trend as more folks get into it.

[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts

Assuming captains of equal skill, I'd say North Carolina. Amazing AA and very hard hitting and accurate AP means she can be a pure terror in the hands of a good player. There's a reason she's so popular in competitive matches. That being said, Monarch is probably much easier to play.