You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Has the dragon flag always worked like this?

23 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles

unknown.png

It seems that the flags only are modifying the base XP earned, not the total XP (the experience from the dragon flag is 3324*3.33 and not 11734*3.33.

Has it always worked like this? If so, there's not really any incentive to fly that flag on anything other than a high base xp game, because even if you managed to earn 1,000,000 experience through modifiers (somehow.. lol) you'd still only get the 333% on the base xp earned.

Am I misremembering this? I thought that I remember them working on total XP before, but maybe I'm misremembering as it's been a while since I had enough of them to bother looking :) 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

Yes it's always been that way. Modifiers modify the base and add it in. Thru don't modify the sum of the base and other modifiers. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

This is how it has been.  The other XP flags come in as 'Ship Bonus'.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,830 posts
9,581 battles

Yup. Always been like that. 

It would get stupid real quick if you let things start compounding. :cap_book:

Edited by HazardDrake

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,617 battles
5 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Yup. Always been like that. 

It would get stupid real quick if you let things start compounding. :cap_book:

What, I always wanted to finish my t8 grind in 5-6 battles :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts

The time total exp matters is when you are farming free xp like with the current 3x win bonus. Now is the time to farm free xp for the next week.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,841 posts
13,052 battles
22 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

If you are talking about the yellow Dragon flag it is for captain XP not reg XP.

^^^This^^^

3.33 X 3324 = 11069

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles

Huh. Well... I guess I'll have to figure out what the best boats to fly which of the special signals are. I guess the Atlanta is pretty good for Dragons since it has a higher base xp multiplier.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles
42 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The time total exp matters is when you are farming free xp like with the current 3x win bonus. Now is the time to farm free xp for the next week.

Just to clarify then, free xp is a multiplier based on your total xp, after modifiers, but captain xp is only based on your "base" xp?

So, for games using Ouboruous it's still advantageous to run a lot of the +xp flags. But that doesn't really benefit your captain xp, excluding that they often have their own bonuses.

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts
15 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Just to clarify then, free xp is a multiplier based on your total xp, after modifiers, but captain xp is only based on your "base" xp?

So, for games using Ouboruous it's still advantageous to run a lot of the +xp flags. But that doesn't really benefit your captain xp, excluding that they often have their own bonuses.

Captain xp modifiers only go off the base xp. Free xp is based on the total xp so it's best to use a bunch of xp modifiers to increase the overall total xp for the free xp to be larger along with free xp modifiers as well.

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
19 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

+xp flags DO benefit your captain xp, xp given by xp flags and camo are there under ship bonus. they are just not modified again by captain xp bonuses.

in the examle above you can see 8410xp is added to captain xp as ship bonus, if you look above that 8410 is the exact amount of xp added to the base xp by flags and camo. so a ship xp flag adds to both ship and captain xp. its just not further increased by a captain flag

Edited by gloom13

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles

I guess this is a good result (with only 4 stars on the op), though it's all of the special signals and the Frosty Fir.

The operation is pretty fun,  too, I might just farm some more of this stuff that way. It's pretty easy to hit 5 stars, especially in a CA (this was Belfast).

image.thumb.png.c5ffc734ff881c2058b902adc30b30aa.png

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,261 posts
649 battles

Great conversation guys. Yes, this flag has always worked this way. The reasons stated above as pretty much right on. 

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

unknown.png

It seems that the flags only are modifying the base XP earned, not the total XP (the experience from the dragon flag is 3324*3.33 and not 11734*3.33.

Has it always worked like this? If so, there's not really any incentive to fly that flag on anything other than a high base xp game, because even if you managed to earn 1,000,000 experience through modifiers (somehow.. lol) you'd still only get the 333% on the base xp earned.

Am I misremembering this? I thought that I remember them working on total XP before, but maybe I'm misremembering as it's been a while since I had enough of them to bother looking :) 

Free XP is different, free xp is 5% of your cumulative ship XP, not base ship xp. so if you stack 200% camo and the 200% daily win bonus, you get 5% of that total, and then you get your Free xp modifiers off of that inflated number, not your base free xp.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
3 hours ago, enderland07 said:

Huh. Well... I guess I'll have to figure out what the best boats to fly which of the special signals are. I guess the Atlanta is pretty good for Dragons since it has a higher base xp multiplier.

and you should run her in the current Scenario if you really want some points.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles
47 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

and you should run her in the current Scenario if you really want some points.

I'm getting around 40k elite commander xp and 10k free xp with full flags in the scenario. Atlanta is pretty easy to carry if your team isn't fully potato.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
5 hours ago, enderland07 said:

unknown.png

Yes, it's always been that way.  For all xp bonuses.  Stacking the bonuses together is only to just save time, not score the jackpot.

46iDoZV.jpg

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,650 battles

Shameless link to a related post about stacking bonuses!

Free XP is the only economic mechanic with multiplicative stacking in WoWS (unless you count premium or sale discounts). CXP is always a % of Earned XP, regardless of XP, FXP, or any other active bonuses.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
7 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I'm getting around 40k elite commander xp and 10k free xp with full flags in the scenario. Atlanta is pretty easy to carry if your team isn't fully potato.

Great to see that, Atlanta did really good in the other tier 7 scenario too.

Members
1,835 posts
17,636 battles
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:16 PM, Edgecase said:

CXP is always a % of Earned XP, regardless of XP

Actually ALL modified XP becomes commander XP also not just base XP...it's calculated as "Ships Bonuses" in the CXP column. The CXP bonuses are only applied to the base XP & XP bonuses are not multiplied but they are still added into total CXP...I run all my 19 point commanders in as many premium ship 1st battles w/the commander XP flags to amass lots of ECXP to save up to make more 19 point commanders...especially when there's the +200% bonuses.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,650 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually ALL modified XP becomes commander XP also not just base XP...it's calculated as "Ships Bonuses" in the CXP column. The CXP bonuses are only applied to the base XP & XP bonuses are not multiplied but they are still added into total CXP...I run all my 19 point commanders in as many premium ship 1st battles w/the commander XP flags to amass lots of ECXP to save up to make more 19 point commanders...especially when there's the +200% bonuses.

They are still added, but because CXP is multiplier on Earned XP (which is just Base XP after Premium), it makes no difference from an efficiency standpoint whether you used the CXP boosts on a first win or not. Using a +100% CXP camo in a 1000 Earned XP game is worth 1000 CXP, period. It's worth that same 1000 CXP no matter what flags, first-win bonuses, or other XP/CXP/FXP effects you have active. The only difference is how much Earned XP you got in the game you used it in.