You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Fastest firing BB tiers 5-6-7?

14 comments in this topic

Members
4,538 posts
6,428 battles

Simple question. What BB is GOOD and also the fast firing in any of the tiers 5-6-7.  Got doubloons for Xamas.  On a buying rampage.  Tks.  Can be either a premium or tech tree ship. TKS   

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
452 posts
5,543 battles
22 minutes ago, Fastwolf66 said:

Scharnhorst

What he said.  20 second reload and also has torpedoes.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles
53 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Simple question. What BB is GOOD and also the fast firing in any of the tiers 5-6-7.  Got doubloons for Xamas.  On a buying rampage.  Tks.  Can be either a premium or tech tree ship. TKS   

What @Fastwolf66 said - Scharnhorst. Smaller caliber guns but fast firing. Great secondaries, too. On top of all that she is on sale in tech tree at a discount. More importantly she is FUN!

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,603 battles

Echoing the majority here, Scharnhorst.  

Dunkirk is a half way decent BB at t6, but you have to know how to angle.  If t8 is an option, Alabama is an amazing ship.  Basically a NC with better torpedo protection.  

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,628 battles

Scharnhorst is your absolute best bet, but remember you WILL feel puny against other T7 BB when they play smart. Your guns are noticeably weaker. Close distance while popping cruisers and DDs, then brawl any BB dumb enough to let you get close and torpedo them. 
Dunquerke is a decent BB, has good agility and all her guns are forward, which means she's great at Bow tanking. 
At her own tier. 
Any higher or against Warspite/Bayern and your armor is worthless. 
Texas is 36s reload. Mutsu is tall aswell. Hood is a 30s iirc. Nelson you'd have to free XP, but her citadel is massive. She's tanky because of the heal, but otherwise quite squishy and has another high reload. Warspite too, will behard to adjust to due to anemic turret traverse and 30s reload. 

All in all, Scharn is the smart buy. Watch Flamu's videos on it and run his 'Berserker' build. It gives you good tank capability with 5 heals and concealment expert for closing distance. Manual AA upon 14 point captain gives you decent AA, which means planes can't hover near you long. Adrenaline Rush gives you faster and faster reload, so it all works together to let you sustain yourself while taking damage, and in turn becoming better at returning it.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 10:08 AM, dmckay said:

Typically the German battleships shoot a few seconds faster at almost if not every other tier. That's their main feature. Only German premium BB in the tier 5-7 range you already have, so I guess Konig and Bayern? I'd also recommend Tirpitz even though it's at 8, I have it and I endorse it. 

Edited by Aristotle83

[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts

Scharn's guns fire every 20 seconds. But her guns are also not terribly consistent unless she's brawling. KGV's guns fire every 25 seconds and due to her amazing HE, are much more reliable.

Members
4,166 posts

Tiers 5, 6 and 7, personally I enjoy most of them, including the premiums.  My personal least favorite are German tech tree ships and those I have the most fun in are generally USN BBs.  But, then again, I'm odd.

Members
1,244 posts
8,956 battles

yup one of my faves the Scharn loads at 20s a piece...with Adrenaline Rush it can get a little ridiculous...(of course you're nearly dead for the effect to be significant, but it doesnt hurt)....I don't know of any other BB that reloads faster than 25s at any tier. ...and as much as I like the Okt. Revolutskaya, can I get a better than 32s reload on her, plz?....I'm just saying...

[AGPIS]
Members
354 posts
2,416 battles

I'm gonna go with an alternative suggestion and say New Mexico.

It's got a high volume of fire with that 4x3 configuration. If you're good at the fishtail, you can fire with the front cannons and then wiggle the back two out, for a salvo of 6 every 15 seconds or so. The New Mexico is also tanky as can be, and and can turn on a dime. She rewards aggression and can out-power almost any ship that it can get in range of.

Edited by amaROenuZ