You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Premium Camo?

17 comments in this topic

Members
4,568 posts
6,512 battles

Website says premium ships get free and unique camo. I just got my first premium....Admiral Graf Spee.  Neat but sure gets overtired a lot!   It does not have any camo that I can see.  Am I missing something? How I get this free unique camo?  Idiot here.  Sorry.  Tks

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,592 battles

Simply go the page listing all of your camo inventory and hover your mouse over the camo that is checked in the upper left corner.  You will see the premium camo benefits. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,568 posts
6,512 battles
21 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Simply go the page listing all of your camo inventory and hover your mouse over the camo that is checked in the upper left corner.  You will see the premium camo benefits. 

Ok I clicked on camo in upper left for Graf Spee.  It would not mount. I do not have a premium account.  Is this the problem?  Bought this ship with doubloons. Premium ship.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,182 battles

It should already be loaded. Graf Spee camo is almost not noticeable. There is a small 'bow wave' of white on the bow.

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,143 battles
19 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Ok I clicked on camo in upper left for Graf Spee.  It would not mount. I do not have a premium account.  Is this the problem?  Bought this ship with doubloons. Premium ship.

Those camos are part of the ship itself.  Maybe take a screen shot.  Is there another camo already checked off?

Yeah, as Khanfi said, the Graf Spee camo is barely noticeable when mounted.  It's very subtle.  The HSF Graf Spee is only noticeable by the small emblem at the front and the lettering on the side.  There are a few premiums where their camo is barely different than what the ship looks like without any camo mounted.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,182 battles
29 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Here is mine with camo mounted. Very subtle.

shot-17_12.26_10_54.07-0354.thumb.jpg.536ff0a5c785a28ef9541707a62bfbf0.jpg

Edited by Khafni

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,143 battles
2 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Hope you enjoy the ship!

It's a fun ship to play, but not easy.  You can't play it like a CA given its slow reload rate and poor speed.  And you can't play it like a BB given it's cruiser hull.  It does have its own unique play style, one I've yet to master.  And a lot of people will try to attack and forget you have 8km torps.  And its guns are good enough to do significant damage to T6 BB's using AP.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,686 posts
9,083 battles

The Graf Spee comes with a very understated false bow wave camo which I like.

Members
4,568 posts
6,512 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Here is mine with camo mounted. Very subtle.

shot-17_12.26_10_54.07-0354.thumb.jpg.536ff0a5c785a28ef9541707a62bfbf0.jpg

OK!  This explains it.  It came with this "subtle" camo.  So subtle I did not realize this was it's camo.  Ok.  I got this.  Tks.

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles
Just now, ZARDOZ_II said:

It's a fun ship to play, but not easy.  You can't play it like a CA given its slow reload rate and poor speed.  And you can't play it like a BB given it's cruiser hull.  It does have its own unique play style, one I've yet to master.  And a lot of people will try to attack and forget you have 8km torps.  And its guns are good enough to do significant damage to T6 BB's using AP.

Second all of that.  Not the easiest to play but a unique ship and a lot of fun.

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,143 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

OK!  This explains it.  It came with this "subtle" camo.  So subtle I did not realize this was it's camo.  Ok.  I got this.  Tks.

I'm same as you, when I first mounted it I had to go back and forth a few times as the difference between the camo and the bare ship is minimal.  I was like "I'm SURE I mounted that camo.  Why isn't it showing up?"

Members
4,568 posts
6,512 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Ya.  I am finding out this.  It gets overtired a lot and there are a lotta BBs in it's tier.  That is a problem.  However it's AP is damn good against cruisers of the same tier. It's tricky. I am just trying to stay away from the BBs and blast the hell out of cruisers.....which it will do.  Torps are not bad either. Odd, it's tuff to play but is ranked #1 in it's tier on Warships Today.  Don't know how accurate that is however. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,143 battles
3 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Second all of that.  Not the easiest to play but a unique ship and a lot of fun.

Yep. And don't forget (as I have at times) that you have good, useful torps.  I do that sometimes if I've been playing Kirov or Molotov Cocktail.  The torps on those are darn near useless (4km range.  Those botes are so squishy that if you are that close you're pretty much d-e-d anyway).  Torps on the Graf Spee are pretty good.  In a brawl (which you don't want to get into with the Graf unless you have no choice) a good launch will catch a lot of people by surprise.  So if I play the Russians, I find myself forgetting that CA's have torps at all.  Then go play the GS and am still in Russian bote mode. 

I think iChase and URPeacekeeper did some good videos on how to play the GS.  It is a unique play style and requires you be able to read what the map is telling you about the battle and rush forward at the right time, not at the start of the battle. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,143 battles
15 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Ya.  I am finding out this.  It gets overtired a lot and there are a lotta BBs in it's tier.  That is a problem.  However it's AP is damn good against cruisers of the same tier. It's tricky. I am just trying to stay away from the BBs and blast the hell out of cruisers.....which it will do.  Torps are not bad either. Odd, it's tuff to play but is ranked #1 in it's tier on Warships Today.  Don't know how accurate that is however. 

And avoid DD's.  They are your Achilles heel.  Unless you get a lucky salvo and insta-kill them, you don't have the DPM to kill them.  Low rate of fire means that a DD is a nightmare to deal with.  And while the AP is very good, the HE is just kind of so-so.  With the long reload, switching ammo types takes a while.