Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Huh? how does Akat torp with 17233 damage kill 18650 HP Yug?

10 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

Bit confused about this particular mechanic.  I was angled extremely and the torp hit me just  ahead of the rear turrets in the center. Didn't detonate, had flag. I was at  full health with SE (18650) and had not previously been damaged. Got hit by an Akat torp which at best does 17.2 damage. Yet I died instantly. What am I missing?

[PSP]
Members
6,324 posts
8,942 battles

A replay or the detailed post-game stats would be nice. However, my guess was that the torp caused flooding and you were sunk at the first flooding tick. I've seen this happen and it almost seems like an instantaneous kill. 

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Also, sorry if you take this as a rude questions, but are you sure it was an Akatsuki?

I've seen many people mix up the Akatsuki with Akizuki, and vice versa.

Akizuki torps could have one hit you. If it really was an Akatsuki, something else must have happened.

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

image.thumb.png.a131c50f91e57b18adf1f97f8cb8be50.png

There it is. But a DD doesn't flood 1300 damage in one tick. Det flags enabled, so it wasn't a det. 

Edited by Taichunger

[CUTER]
Members
702 posts
19,061 battles

*edit or check your death screen Victory or Defeat page and post that as it also has who killed you

Hover your mouse over the damage received (burnt red) area icon, it will tell you which ship and how much damage they did.  If you confirm it is still Akat...then you have an interesting argument. @Taichunger

Edited by KongoPride

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

Ah I see, twas a Yug torp. Never mind. Must have been mixed with the Akat torps. 

• Cool 2

[CUTER]
Members
702 posts
19,061 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Ah I see, twas a Yug torp. Never mind. Must have been mixed with the Akat torps. 

Good to see you resolved the riddle.  The torp soup can be real and sometimes unclear who is torping who.  Good luck.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,093 posts
4,164 battles
39 minutes ago, KongoPride said:

Good to see you resolved the riddle.  The torp soup can be real and sometimes unclear who is torping who.  Good luck.

Well, it's pretty clear who kills you :P

Sign in to follow this