You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sansfaille

35:1 XP conversion sale

32 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

Converted and purchased MO with gold I received from Santa crates two days ago...fml

To be fair, I technically got MO, approx 100 camos, special flags and 180 days of premium for 50 bucks so I can't complain much. 

Thanks for heads up.

Edited by smf117

[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
3,822 battles

Finally a free XP conversion  sale.  I think this is just the second time there’s been a free XP conversion sale since the Missouri was out in the tech tree...

Edited by wtfovr

[PVE]
Members
9,678 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, sansfaille said:

Title says it all.. Buy the Missouri.

Also port slots on sale for 75 dubloons.

Well, I could use another infusion of port slots and with the doubloons I got from Santa boxes, I'll get my FXP up to 733k, so I should get Mo before she sails into the sunset.

[PVE]
Members
5,618 posts
18,209 battles

As it was predicted, so it has come to pass! 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,870 posts
5,255 battles

I got it a month or so ago, using doubloons I got from selling my free Kutuzov I got for Christmas last year.  I'm ok with that.

[PSP]
Members
6,256 posts
8,898 battles
5 hours ago, sansfaille said:

Really? I got some doubloons from a Christmas box and was going to buy port slots with them but hadn't gotten around to it yet. I'm glad I waited.

I am a F2P player and I've only had enough doubloons to purchase three port slots in a year's worth of playing. I also got three more from crates but I generally have to sell a ship to release a slot before i move up a new ship line.

Edit:

I have 25 vacant slots now, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl!

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Members
1,866 posts

I'm glad I didn't buy a bunch of Santa crates. The MO will be better than anything I could have gotten out of them. I would bet this is one and only conversion sale before it's replaced by Musashi. You can also do a number of advancement things with free XP. I have been pumping the free XP flags in anticipation of this. Seadog is a happy warrior today.

[PVE]
Members
9,678 posts
7,466 battles
31 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Really? I got some doubloons from a Christmas box and was going to buy port slots with them but hadn't gotten around to it yet. I'm glad I waited.

I am a F2P player and I've only had enough doubloons to purchase three port slots in a year's worth of playing. I also got three more from crates but I generally have to sell a ship to release a slot before i move up a new ship line.

Edit:

I have 25 vacant slots now, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl!

At 75 doubloons a pop, I'm going to get some more. I'm up to 144 ships, so I think I'll buy enough slots to have 200 ships since I want to collect them all.

[GN_BR]
Members
127 posts
4,705 battles

Well if  had known this was coming I wouldn't have bought my perma camo for the Hindy from my doubloon santa crates. 

Edited by cthuhulu

[WGA]
Administrator
693 posts
251 battles

As announced today on the website, this will be available for a limited time so convert while you can!

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
438 posts
18,701 battles

think I will take advantage of this today and then save it for the Musashi. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles

Got the Missouri last year with my extra gold from the Santa's Gifts so don't need it for that.  However the Musashi is looking like it is going to  be the replacement for the Missouri so I guess I am going to go ahead and covert this years extra gold to Free XP as well and save it for the Musashi.  If the Musashi for some reason doesn't come out, I guess I can use a good chunk of the Free XP on the Nelson.

As to why I am converting, unfortunately I don't play enough to realistically save up 750k free XP (or even 375k Free XP) in any reasonable amount of time.  I can maybe save 150-200k a year so Wallet warrior is the only way for me to get these ships. 

[MIA-A]
Members
2,111 posts
6,750 battles

The real question is whether I want to:

• Convert 10k doubloons worth of xp
  • Buy the Alabama
  • Gamble more with Santa Crates for more chances at it...

I really think I will end up doing the last one... lol.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

When you get enough, I would wait a bit closer before they switch the Mo and the Musashi.

The closer it gets, the more we will know how they stack up against each other.

The only thing that could mess that up is if WG decides to change the Musashi's stats right before they move it to the tree.

That's never happened, right? Change the stats of a ship/line between the CC's reviews and it becoming live? :Smile_sceptic:

Still, that free XP can't be burning that much of a hole in your pocket.

I've got around 900k I've been saving for the day that we get a FXP ship that isn't a BB. Looks like I'm gonna have to spend it on one of these since it appears we won't have any other ship type options this century.   :cap_old:

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Members
9,968 posts

I'm really conflicted now. Have 320k free after the reward package. I was debating on converting a bit and getting the Nelson, or bypassing the PeniCola that I hate with a passion, along with bypassing a few other things....

Now i have to decide if  I want to do both...:cap_hmm:

[PVE]
Members
1,606 posts
6,757 battles

While I appreciate the 'conversion sale', in all honesty, its really not much of a sale, if WG really wanted to do something in the form of a sale for its player base, once a year during these holiday times and celebrations, they could stop being so damn cheap and make it 50:1, or 100:1, there was a game review site a few years back that even said WG could do 800:1 and still be ahead of the game as far as the money issue, c'mon WG only 35:1, loosen up will ya, its just virtual crap.

[LEGIO]
Members
2,991 posts
5,408 battles
58 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

While I appreciate the 'conversion sale', in all honesty, its really not much of a sale, if WG really wanted to do something in the form of a sale for its player base, once a year during these holiday times and celebrations, they could stop being so damn cheap and make it 50:1, or 100:1, there was a game review site a few years back that even said WG could do 800:1 and still be ahead of the game as far as the money issue, c'mon WG only 35:1, loosen up will ya, its just virtual crap.

It would be nice of them but I doubt it will ever happen.

[PVE]
Members
9,678 posts
7,466 battles
13 hours ago, sansfaille said:

Title says it all.. Buy the Missouri.

11 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, I could use another infusion of port slots and with the doubloons I got from Santa boxes, I'll get my FXP up to 733k, so I should get Mo before she sails into the sunset.

Well a $1 gift crate got me 10K FXP and I earned the rest this evening, so I got the Missouri, fully kited out with upgrades, for 2,750,002 silver. My first T9. :)

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,447 posts
11,755 battles
11 hours ago, Radar_X said:

As announced today on the website, this will be available for a limited time so convert while you can!

3 days after I converted enough to by Missouri....

But the port slot sale made me much less SALTY.

I won 9k in boxes and bought 23 slots.

I now have enough for the remaining ships I intend to keep, plus half for next tech tree release.

P.S.  many thanks for tech tree premium ship sale. Picked up 6 ships I was on the fence about.

DeGrasse and Perth were a pleasant surprse to play.