You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
atPrick__

Yo Lang

16 comments in this topic

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Boat is stupid good in Ranked.

There was a time when at T8 the only, the best, option was Benson(ol'school Buki was a monster) but Benson has been replaced.

[CUTER]
Members
699 posts
19,024 battles

I've wrecked numerous Lo Yangs with my Kidd.  Patience has won me a lot of fights in ranked.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,844 posts
13,820 battles

If you can avoid the Lo Yang Hydro they can be dealt with. 

The Kidd's heal is proving to be their down fall as the Kidd player over extends thinking they can heal up any damage they take.

My Benson has gotten both of these ships sunk. 

Long Live the B Hull Benson.

:Smile_izmena:

Members
243 posts
On 12/26/2017 at 8:05 AM, RedSeaBear said:

If you can avoid the Lo Yang Hydro they can be dealt with. 

The Kidd's heal is proving to be their down fall as the Kidd player over extends thinking they can heal up any damage they take.

My Benson has gotten both of these ships sunk. 

Long Live the B Hull Benson.

:Smile_izmena:

When played correctly - e.g. push caps and spot DDs then pull back when needed and heal, then push again - the Kidd is the best overall T8 DD in Random play the game IMO.  I typically can delete or force to pull back any T8 DD when our HP starts the same, and if I take disproportionate punishment I can disengage to heal then push again later, whereas that DD is basically 1-2 volleys from death and must play more passively for the rest of the game.  And, after healing, I frequently come back to kill any DD I had to bail on earlier.  Used right, the Kidd heal is OP, and vs. CVs the Kidd can dictate plane distribution.  Situationally, some other DDs have and edge, but IMO, played right, no other T8 DD has the same overall influence/impact in the average game.

Since thread was about Ranked, yes, LoYang is the best T8 DD in Ranked right now.  Hydro is OP on the small cap circle maps, especially those with islands you can hide behind and hydro the whole cap safely from.

Edited by nhf

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 4:35 AM, KongoPride said:

I've wrecked numerous Lo Yangs with my Kidd.  Patience has won me a lot of fights in ranked.

And I've wrecked numerous Kidds with Loyang in random and ranked. 

Random: 67% WR

Ranked: 56% WR

I also have Kidd.

Edited by lemekillmister

[0O0O0]
Members
139 posts
21 battles

Sorry. The heal is [edited]. In a DD a heal is crap. 

If you are playing DD to it's fullest, that heal is crap.

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

LY is my new fav ship.

I have 600 games in the Sims and the LY just feels like a Sims with better torps, lower detect and hydro.  Fits like a glove.

Members
1,543 posts
8,201 battles

Hey

I only have a couple games in it and a Noob at DD play in general but I really like how fast those guns rotate; found it to be very rewarding ship so far.  Also enjoyed playing the Blyskawica as well, love the guns.  Leningrad is quite fun but can't wait to get EM, to speed up those turrets, great speed.  I have had fun with Gallant and Vampire too although prefer the mid to upper tier play the most.  Kind of hate the high tier stuff, very boring with all the camping I see.

Pete

[DRHS]
[DRHS]
Members
256 posts

IMO Lo Yang is a PAY TO WIN [edited] !!!. Better than  Z-23 hydro without the drawbacks of a German DD (FULL AP DAMAGE 3.4 km det when smk firing). Kidd has it's drawbacks (overconfidence of it's captains, meh torps), Aki-slow, Kag- long torp reload, Benson- Meh torps crapap dmg. Russian DD BIG [edited]targets terrible detection.. Every other DD has some kind of drawback VS other DD's. Lo Yang Give up your engine boost for Hydro, Not that much of a drawback. If it was an option of smoke over hydro like the Torp reload over smoke for Kag then it would be Balanced.As she sits she is overpowered for her Tier. Even her Non pay to win counterpart the Hisenyang has to sacrifice her smoke for radar.

If her hydro was shorter ranged than the Z-23 or she had to give up smoke for hydro she would be balanced as she sit's she  IMO at this point the most broken Premium ship WG has at the moment.

Members
1,543 posts
8,201 battles

Hey

I get tired of hearing about all this "Pay to Win" garbage.  Obviously there are plenty of ships that are premiums but are garbage, Like Indianapolis which is worse than a Pensacola, or in someway's a Molotov at T6 but yet has a T5 hull (good guns yes but still very deletable), the Hood which so many claims as Meh, and so many others and then there was the release of GZ, or to a lesser extent the Duke of York (because of public outcry about not having a heal?)  If it was truly "Pay to Win" then ALL of the premiums would be so much better than their tech tree counter parts, that the only way to win was with a premium but this is not the case.  I appreciate it when the premium has a different attribute, capability different than the tech tree without making them OP.  Everybody wants their ship to be OP but then [edited] and moan when they get beaten by someone in their premium.  A bigger problem than this Pay to Win argument is power creep.  Some older ships need a buff, like Hipper/PE need a ROF increase, maybe PE needs something to set it apart from Hipper (radar, heal?), the Atago needs a gun range increase of 1-1.5 km, Indianapolis needs lots of love since even though it's a premium is probably one of the worst cruisers I have ever played (on par with Konigsberg for getting deleted easily).  All of the nations ships, classes of ship have strengths and weaknesses and the premiums are no different.  So if the LoYang is so good maybe it's really that you just not very good against them or does it come down to the skill of the captain at the time?  

Pete

• Cool 1

[HCH]
Members
7 posts
14,408 battles

I need some help.  I got a Lo Yang in a Santa box.  It has no acoustic headphones icon at the bottom of the screen.  What do I have set up wrong?

Members
615 posts

1. Ammunition and Consumables 

2. Click on far right box

3. Select Hydroacodtic search 1 if you do not make a lot of exchange credits. Select 2 if you do make a lot of exchange credits.

4. If you select 2 recommend click the arrow next to 15 doubloons and select 22500 credits

5. Go sink ships

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,463 battles

I love my Lo Yang. However the Kidd’s 5 guns and heal are cap dominators for me. I ran off or kill many dds in ranked and had plenty of health left. I was close to 70% in the Kidd. Should have played it more. 

Lo Yang was a great torp boat for me early in ranked but wasn’t a good knife fighter and hitting with torps higher in rank d was hard