You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Best Rank to Stop?

22 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,338 posts
8,968 battles

I stop playing ranked when I stop advancing. Season before last it was at level 10. Last season I got to 9 but then fell back to 11 and stopped when I made it back to 10. I try to at least get to 10 because there lies the 10% service cost reduction flag. That reminds me. I need to put the 5% flag on the ships that I'm currently playing.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

You should try to rank out at least once in this game.

So... Play a bit and try see where you are at and then go really [edited]hard at least once.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Go until you stop having fun with it.  For me it's always the anxiety aspect.  I get into my own head "Well I've been on adecent streak of games lately, so it's only a matter of time before I lose, and it'll probably be my fault and make everyone else on the team hate me for it"  lol.  So far, from past ranked, I'm usually good until Rank 9 before I run out of time or just find myself too nervous to click the button.  Did make it to Rank 5 once.  Once I'd like to try to rank out at 1 but I just don't think my nerves could handle it. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles

In the past the good rewards dry up after 10 so that’s we’re I stop, just don’t have the time or inclination to go further 

Members
3,489 posts
6,189 battles
44 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Wherever you feel like stoping. 

^^^^ Seriously - the only real answer.  Not even sure why a thread had to be created to discuss.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
442 posts
18,784 battles

Rank #1 is a great place to stop. That is if you can handle all the salt and hurt feelings along the way. I actually had an Amagi on my team fire on me because I wasn't listening to him tell me where to go at the beginning. 

Gotta love ranked play. 

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,637 battles
25 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Rank #1 is a great place to stop. That is if you can handle all the salt and hurt feelings along the way. I actually had an Amagi on my team fire on me because I wasn't listening to him tell me where to go at the beginning. 

Gotta love ranked play. 

That game... whats funny he wasn't even talking. He just straight up shot you for not going C. That's why I don't get mad in rank over people not going to a certain cap or what not, I reserve my emotions till I see the post battle screen on a loss. That 5k HP he shaved off you was more likely to cost us the game then you deciding to go to a different cap. 

• Funny 1

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

Rank 10 isn't bad for economic reasons, 10% off flag for a month on all games played...slowly adds up. But once it gets real hard, take a break and then try to punch through once or twice...if you can't no one cares, but I will take repeated stabs at it and get as far as I can.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
442 posts
18,784 battles
58 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

That game... whats funny he wasn't even talking. He just straight up shot you for not going C. That's why I don't get mad in rank over people not going to a certain cap or what not, I reserve my emotions till I see the post battle screen on a loss. That 5k HP he shaved off you was more likely to cost us the game then you deciding to go to a different cap. 

yeah, it was funny to me. I still lived until the end of the round even though I don't remember if we actually won or not. 

Edited by Filthy_Pelican

[GN_BR]
Members
127 posts
4,729 battles

I stop at 10 as that when is when the sodium chloride gets to be too much and raises my blood pressure to unhealthy levels.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

In the past the good rewards dry up after 10 so that’s we’re I stop, just don’t have the time or inclination to go further 

This. I wouldn't mind another radar module or a speed module... but I don't want it enough to have to put up with seeing the same ships and the same maps for a couple hundred battles or more of 7v7. 

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,637 battles
12 hours ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

yeah, it was funny to me. I still lived until the end of the round even though I don't remember if we actually won or not. 

we won. you, me, and a kut skull dragged that team to victory by points

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,200 battles

Rank 10 is the consensus. After rank 10, it's just flags as rewards and much hard to climb a rank. Rank 5 will get you a -20% repair fee flag, if that's your thing. 

Edited by NeutralState

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Rank 10 is the consensus. After rank 10, it's just flags as rewards and much hard to climb a rank. Rank 5 will get you a -20% repair fee flag, if that's your thing. 

Actually camo, and modules too but no more signals- which I think many are after. 

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

Rank 10 for normal rewards is the consensus as its pretty doable without too much salt.

Rank 1 only if you really want the ships and the flags.