Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Plaatduutsch

Huanghe Needs Buff

52 comments in this topic

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,697 battles

It has no DPM

6 152mm Guns with 7.5s reload

it needs many commander skills IFHE and CE or CE and MAA

Its commander does not work on any other PA ships

the torps are useless 90% time and no single launch

the AA is decent at best. I can only shoot down 1-2 same tier aircraft when a CV try to strike me (I have AA range mod and BFT) 

I cannot think of a T6 cruiser of any type that is worse than this one.

My thoughts:

1. boost the reload  to 5s

2. give it defensive AA 

3. Single torp launcher

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

It's almost like all the reviews were right about the ship. Who woulda thunkit. But you still bought it, despite all the information readily available.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
1,864 posts
8,920 battles
Just now, Lert said:

It's almost like all the reviews were right about the ship. Who woulda thunkit. But you still bought it, despite all the information readily available.

My guess would be he got from a Santa crate despite praying that he wouldn't.

• Funny 2

[CUTER]
Members
699 posts
19,024 battles

As a player, I enjoy taking the lost "puppy" ships that have Sarah Mclachlan playing some angel song in the background...and proving the critics wrong.  This ship is tough...I have a mixed performance.  Still working on getting it into working order.  That said...it has a lot of Perth qualities.  And that is always a plus.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
3 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Or drop it to Tier 5? 

8ae.gif

Should of been a tier 5 to begin with.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,844 posts
11,558 battles

A buff wouldn't hurt, but whatever, she is still fun even if a bit challenging. It's not like the reviews were not all very clear on her lackluster stats.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

I got mine in a santa crate. So I have that excuse. :Smile_child:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles
40 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I got mine in a santa crate. So I have that excuse. :Smile_child:

Me too :Smile_child:

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,795 battles
7 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Or drop it to Tier 5? 

The hull form should have been the UK T5. I can't agree more that Huang Meh is a T5.

• Cool 1

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,697 battles
15 hours ago, Volga1987 said:

This ship should have never been released at T6, my solution just dont buy it.

It was forced into my port by Santa crates

• Cool 1

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,697 battles
12 hours ago, Lert said:

Got it from Santa crates...on both of my accounts!

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,697 battles
8 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

They very much wanted a Chinese cruiser to appeal to that market. Since the Warships era was very unsettled in China, this was all they could come up with.

People in the CN server also dislike this ship. I checked their post and yes I read Chinese as well. In fact it never went on sale on CN server, and the only way to get it is Santa crates, so I don’t think this ship is meant for that market

Edited by Plaatduutsch

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,465 battles

Leander and Perth already have DPM issues for T6, so I don't see how having a ship with 2 less guns is going to work.

But you know, if this thing was T5, it would absolutely wreck CVs, unless those DP guns were replaced.

Edited by MrDeaf

Members
689 posts
4,383 battles
8 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

They very much wanted a Chinese cruiser to appeal to that market. Since the Warships era was very unsettled in China, this was all they could come up with.

It really wasn't is the thing. What it was was easy to put in the game since it's basically just a Leander model with made up WG stats and armament as far as I know. 

The Republic of China actually had two modern and unique light cruisers that could've been used: the Ning-hai and the Ping-hai. Both actually served in the Second Sino-Japanese War and had less politically charged and more heroic careers than the Chungking (the real Huanghe). But that would've required more work and I don't think either would've been in the T5 or T6 range so lower price tag. 

Edited by Rocketpacman

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
2 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

It really wasn't is the thing. What it was was easy to put in the game since it's just basically just a Leander model with made up WG stats and armament as far as I know. 

The Republic of China actually had two modern and unique light cruisers that could've been used: the Ning-hai and the Ping-hai. Both actually served in the Second Sino-Japanese War and had less politically charged and more heroic careers than the Chungking (the real Huanghe). But that would've required more work and I don't think either would've been in the T5 or T6 range so lower price tag. 

WRONG.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arethusa-class_cruiser_(1934)

Huang He is one of these. 

Members
689 posts
4,383 battles
2 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

"The Arethusas were a smaller version of the Amphion group of the earlier Leander class, having the unit machinery layout and two funnels of the former."

I assumed WG just used the Leander model with at best some minor tweaks. Did they not? 

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
4 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

"The Arethusas were a smaller version of the Amphion group of the earlier Leander class, having the unit machinery layout and two funnels of the former."

I assumed WG just used the Leander model with at best some minor tweaks. Did they not? 

No, they didn't. Aruthsea is smaller by a decent amount and has far less tonnage. Like trying to say they based Tashkent on Khabvorsk and just tweaked Khab to make Tashkent(which they did not).

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,810 posts
10,336 battles
27 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Looks like WG used the Perth model not a Leander one. 

My bad but the point stands. 

She's visually more like Perth, but is neither a Leander nor an Amphion class. She's an Arethusa, they're closely related but not the same ship.

The basic design history is to start with Leander Class (Leander), change the machinery arrangement and make other minor modifications to create the Amphion Class (Perth) and then take the Amphion class, chop it down from 7,000 to 5,200t, remove a turret, thin the belt and you have the Arethusa class (Huang He).

Some sources do consider the Amphion class, of which Perth is one to be an extension of the Leander class which they're derived from.

As IronWolfIV says the Huang He as an Arethusa is smaller than both the Leander and the Amphion classes.

1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

But you know, if this thing was T5, it would absolutely wreck CVs, unless those DP guns were replaced.

It might, though I shed no tears. The problem is WG bolted on those DP turrets with very little historic likelihood of it working out.

Those Russian twin turrets weigh 46 tonnes, the original RN 4in twins would have been 17 tonnes each. The swap adds 116 tons to a baseline 5,200t cruiser and adds it up on top of the deckhouse about as high as possible on the ship!

To make up for it though, the Russian 152/57 only weighs 146 tonnes, which compared to the original 92 tonne turrets only adds another 162 tonnes.

In short there'd be every justification in the world for ripping them off and replacing them with something a bit more sensible and suitable for T5. Maybe four single 100/56 B-34's with lots of bell and whistle modifications to up the DPS a bit beyond Kirov.

Sign in to follow this