Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
atPrick__

WGs chat ban rules; I need a safe space

33 comments in this topic

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

It's a form of WoWs bullying. You say something fair or even not so, regardless, if the mix is right on the opposite team(or your own) you get silenced. You can be defending yourself or your actions and get a ban. You can question another player and get a ban.

People got so freaked out about trolls that they killed any sort of debate or back and forth on the chat. GJ snowflakes.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

I have never been banned and I speak my mind. Of course I don't have 16,189 posts either.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
332 posts
4,659 battles

The temptation to troll after being sunk is very strong. I usually wait a few minutes to let the salt settle and see if our team has a chance of winning.

I don't usually contribute to chat when I'm fighting my ship.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
17 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have never been banned and I speak my mind. Of course I don't have 16,189 posts either.

Not here. In game, not sure if that matters with your comparison or not.

13 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

The temptation to troll after being sunk is very strong. I usually wait a few minutes to let the salt settle and see if our team has a chance of winning.

I don't usually contribute to chat when I'm fighting my ship.

Pre match, ranked. BB troll tells the DDs to do this, do that. Cap, push and don't die yadada. I give him crapback. I get banned.

Pre match.

Doesn't matter whether it's before, during or after you died. 

13 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
2 minutes ago, atPrick__ said:

Not here. In game, not sure if that matters with your comparison or not.

Never been banned there either, but then I never say anything to anyone in particular more just general statements.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Remove it completely from game.

Just like WoT.

Keep some F-keys, all, add some whatever.

Snowflakes ruling the in game chat is no better than trolls.

• Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Why do you bother to type in chat when voice comms is so much easier. I don't read chat after the battle starts and leave after the battle, to get another started. All the advice and salt is gone forever. I was told early on to grow a thicker skin and i did by installing Discord. Even if not in same game chatting with friends is by far better than type chat.

• Cool 1

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,042 posts

Chat can be a useful tool for team communication.

In general chat messages should be short and to the point. e.g. dd behind island C5.

The best way to avoid bans is to remove all adjectives and adverbs from your chat. This will not be 100% effective.

Trolls abound.

• Funny 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
39 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Why do you bother to type in chat when voice comms is so much easier. I don't read chat after the battle starts and leave after the battle, to get another started. All the advice and salt is gone forever. I was told early on to grow a thicker skin and i did by installing Discord. Even if not in same game chatting with friends is by far better than type chat.

It is the majority of communication in game, you can VoIP with yer buds all day long. When it comes to EVERYONE else it's done through the in game chat. Look I get it, the game is based on Divs and people hanging out on TS or whatever the other one is called.

Most people communicate through the in game chat, if they do at all. It's [edited] up when they decide to go after some [edited], me(im an [edited]). Because I pissed them off. I get it, I talk crapand wrong some dude that your eating Doritos with. I get neg'd to death and can't communicate in ranked.

It's [edited].

Edited by atPrick__
  • Bad 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
2 minutes ago, Quaffer said:

Chat can be a useful tool for team communication.

In general chat messages should be short and to the point. e.g. dd behind island C5.

The best way to avoid bans is to remove all adjectives and adverbs from your chat. This will not be 100% effective.

Trolls abound.

Then let's limit it to F Keys.

Because that's what you are essentially saying.

• Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles

I think in-game chat bans are a good thing. The only chat bans I've seen occur were well-deserved and everyone, on both teams, reported the player for abusive chat behaviour. When this occurred, a notification popped up in the chat box that said player had received a disciplinary penalty and we never head from him again. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles

Solution: Don't talk crap. 

• Cool 4

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I think in-game chat bans are a good thing. The only chat bans I've seen occur were well-deserved and everyone, on both teams, reported the player for abusive chat behaviour. When this occurred, a notification popped up in the chat box that said player had received a disciplinary penalty and we never head from him again. 

You don't see chat bans, there is no identifier. So please explain how the ones you have seen make sense.

Please define abusive chat behavior?

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles
1 minute ago, atPrick__ said:

You don't see chat bans, there is no identifier. So please explain how the ones you have seen make sense.

Please define abusive chat behavior?

I swear that the last time everyone reported an abusive player there was a notice in the chat box about him receiving a disciplinary penalty. This was several months ago so I don't have the replay anymore. I won't go into exactly what he said but he started, in all chat, with slurs on certain countries and their people and then proceeded to doing the same with various races and then a certain sex. He then finalized his tirade by insulting individual players before just spamming a series of nonsensical curse words. Literally everyone on both teams reported him.    

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I swear that the last time everyone reported an abusive player there was a notice in the chat box about him receiving a disciplinary penalty. This was several months ago so I don't have the replay anymore. I won't go into exactly what he said but he started, in all chat, with slurs on certain countries and their people and then proceeded to doing the same with various races and then a certain sex. He then finalized his tirade by insulting individual players before just spamming a series of nonsensical curse words. Literally everyone on both teams reported him.    

I can feel you reporting players right now, I bet you enjoy it.

I never, ever [edited] with people about sex, religion or race. I spent 10 years in the Army. Please. 

I do not care about your public service ribbons, I don't need you to tell me how to speak and live. I can tell you like doing it tho.

Get rid of the [edited]chat....

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles
25 minutes ago, atPrick__ said:

I can feel you reporting players right now, I bet you enjoy it.

I spent 10 years in the Army.

Get rid of the [edited]chat....

I have reported players (and only in-game) about a half-dozen times. Three of these were for extraordinary abusive tirades and three were for "unsportsmanlike behavior" when someone was running around team killing everyone.

BTW, I also served in the US Army for 6 years, was a civilian paramedic for another 10 years, and after that I was a field biologist, hatchery worker, scuba diver, and biology professor. I've killed, skinned, butchered, rendered, packed, ate, or put up as museum specimens, over 25,000 different animals. I've defleshed and prepared the bones of hundreds of rotting carcasses and have had my hands inside torn up humans as well, pinching off bleeders. I've had just about everything that a human can produce sprayed in my face and also have had them shoot at me, stab me, bite, scratch and kick me and generally pummel me all while screaming insults. I'm not exactly a shrinking violet.

I am, however, a "protector of the faith," so to speak. If your behavior is beyond the pale and you are genuinely upsetting people (and not just pseudo-upsetting special snowflakes) then I'm going to tell you to can it. If you don't get the hint, then I'm going to kick your <bleep>.  

Edited by Snargfargle

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Wow you are accomplished.

Please don't push your values on me, here or in game. You live in the World, we don't all live in yours.

I'll wreck you bro....

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,042 posts

Tell you what Patrick. Feel free to limit your chats to the F keys. No one will complain unless you spam them.

Don't force us to limit our chat usage to the half dozen useful phrases they provide.

As for pushing values. If I won't stand up for what I believe, how can I expect others to embrace my values? That's the thing about values. You're supposed to value them.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, atPrick__ said:

I don't need you to tell me how to speak and live

It's funny...no one told you how to speak or live...the funny part being you think anybody GAF about how you speak or live...I thought you started this thread about in game chat...how did you turn that into anybody caring about how you speak or live.

Just because somebody spams chat doesn't mean you have to respond (w/words or actions)...spamming chat w/a bunch of retarded [edited] because somebody says something you don't agree w/is a waste of time...just ignore them...if your so OCD about responding every time somebody says something in chat you don't agree w/that's your problem if they ban you for going off on a tangent while they are trying to use the chat for battle while you're busy crying on it.

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles

Now this is how a chat should go. We finally lost, BTW. It came down to a Bismark and a Kidd. We were ahead in points but the Kidd finally got a torp hit on the Bismark.

shot-17.12.26_05.37.45-0383.jpg

• Cool 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Now this is how a chat should go. We finally lost, BTW. It came down to a Bismark and a Kidd. We were ahead in points but the Kidd finally got a torp hit on the Bismark.

shot-17.12.26_05.37.45-0383.jpg

Wow nice you have screens of you saying good crap. I mean...

I don't mind putting up screens of me saying [edited] up crap.

For contrast, maybe?

The point, it's way over you [edited]head bud.

Edited by atPrick__

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles
4 minutes ago, atPrick__ said:

I don't mind putting up screens of me saying [edited] up crap.

Post yourself being abusive in chat all you want. I'm sure the mods would appreciate it.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Post yourself being abusive in chat all you want. I'm sure the mods would appreciate it.

Yeah, kisses. Abusive?

What do you Mr. Right consider abusive, please educate me.

Apparently I have some issues with you and your like...

What triggers you bro.

Members
909 posts
1 hour ago, atPrick__ said:

I'll wreck you bro....

. . . and we see where the chat bans come from. WGNA is hair trigger on people who make threats. Real OR perceived.