You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

PSA about Operation Narai

10 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Just wanted to let everyone know, that the USS Indianapolis is very very VERY good for this op when specced for AA =D

Spoiler

yMGgnHT.jpg

I just ran that battle earlier tonight, and even though I died, it was probably one of the best results I've gotten so far. On top of that, I want to give a major shoutout to the entire team that match. They ALL did a fantastic job, everyone was where they needed to be, and they all did a fantastic job taking out the enemy ships quickly, as well as providing AA support! Hats off to you guys if you're reading this! =3

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,042 posts
17,674 battles

Damn, Kit.  That's a lot of plane kills.

Along these same lines, I'd think that a properly setup Atlanta would do just as well, if not better. It's only (?) down side might be its squishiness, and whether it had enough durability to hang in there the entire fight.

On a related note, I had an absolutely beastly battle in my Scharnhorst on this mission.  Something like 220+k damage and 12 ship kills.  And a pretty fair number of plane kills, too.  Somewhere in the 15-20 range, IIRC.

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,865 battles

Too bad you can't get a "Clear Sky" in Operations. Maybe there needs to be an Operations equivalent of the "Clear Sky" award? 

Edited by Snargfargle

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,786 battles

Atlanta is half bad either. Of course you need a team that can stay alive to capitalize on the damage you do.

0nDZHE3.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Atlanta is half bad either. Of course you need a team that can stay alive to capitalize on the damage you do.

0nDZHE3.jpg

Aye, Atlanta is really good as well, though I wasn't quite able to get the same results.

Also, I've found I've been doing really well supporting friendly ships more than actually doing raw damage or getting lots of kills. Seems to work pretty well. =P

17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Damn, Kit.  That's a lot of plane kills.

Along these same lines, I'd think that a properly setup Atlanta would do just as well, if not better. It's only (?) down side might be its squishiness, and whether it had enough durability to hang in there the entire fight.

On a related note, I had an absolutely beastly battle in my Scharnhorst on this mission.  Something like 220+k damage and 12 ship kills.  And a pretty fair number of plane kills, too.  Somewhere in the 15-20 range, IIRC.

I used the same exact captain on my Atlanta as well, but couldn't quite pull that many plane kills with her for some reason. I think it was a combo of having both DF and a fighter plane on the Indy that really helped boost the kills.

[SALVO]
Members
17,042 posts
17,674 battles
10 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I used the same exact captain on my Atlanta as well, but couldn't quite pull that many plane kills with her for some reason. I think it was a combo of having both DF and a fighter plane on the Indy that really helped boost the kills.

The advantage of the cat fighter might be that it's able to lock up fighter squadrons which you can then shred with your AA.

Members
381 posts
25 battles

I find Atlanta on the top of the scoreboard too many time now. I suspect fast-firing killed many dds and unlimited DFAA. If you stick together, there's not many place where enemy planes can go.

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

The Atlanta is very good in this scenario, if you get a group of 3 or more Atlanta ships in the game, everything dies very quickly.  Put on some signal flags and you can make a lot of credits and xp.  Here's one of mine.

y4mzujxKqzmhdj_bmXiTJfgO-Ko5bey8kFE9Cne_

Members
706 posts

the problem with the Atlanta is many of the people playing them are not interested in DD's, they would rather hammer the hell out of bigger easer to hit things, which is fine if there are no torp firing threats closer.

I dread games with many Atlanta in if I am in a BB, as quite often I end up having to waste my AP and a 25 to 30 sec reload on DD's while they tickle easy to hit BB etc with their small HE and fast reload.