You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Dunkerque or Mutsu

BBs are fun  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Dunkerque or Mutsu

• Dunkerque (French)
    • Mutsu (IJN)

7 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Hello all!

Need a really fast decision, as to weather I should get the Mutsu or the Dunkerque. Mostly will be used for crew training.  Im also getting the Sharmhost in addition to whichever of these lovely tier 6s.I chose. I know the pros and cons of each, but not the actual feel of how they play. I grind battleships from all nations, so getting a head start on the french fries would be nice, but I also need something for my Japanese BBs, (At Kongo). If you think there is a better IJN battleship, please speak up

Just need a quick choice as well as reasoning/opinion.

Hell, if youre passionate enough and convince me that Warsprite is more enjoyable than Hood, I might even go that route. Trying for a premium BB for each nation for crew. Have Texas and soon-to-be Sharmy. Wanted HMS Hood for the hilarious AA and the history...

Thanks!

Edited by MCCIV

[FLAGG]
Members
54 posts
6,133 battles

I like the Dunkerque, its a fun ship.  I haven't played Mutsu.  I have played the A hull Nagato, which is a close comparison.  Between those two I like the Dunkerque.  It's just more fun for my play style.  The larger guns on the Mutsu is nice, but not the same shells you get on the Nagato.  Dunkerque also has pretty good HE if you get uptiered. 

Members
4,177 posts

Mutsu is like many Japanese BBs. It's not a tank but it's guns don't really become effective until you close a bit. The torps are last ditch effort, not a primary weapon, or an area denial weapon. When her shells hit, some of the best in the tire. I've fitted Gneisenaus in it.

The Dunkerque is a blend of nice main guns with cruiser like armor. Don't.expect to tank. Her guns being in the front makes her play unique. You don't have to worry as much moving when the enemy is bow on. A useful ability when hunting DDs.

Overall, if I had to take one, the Dunkerque.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,053 battles
22 minutes ago, AshySlashyAshySlashy said:

I like the Dunkerque, its a fun ship.  I haven't played Mutsu.  I have played the A hull Nagato, which is a close comparison.  Between those two I like the Dunkerque.  It's just more fun for my play style.  The larger guns on the Mutsu is nice, but not the same shells you get on the Nagato.  Dunkerque also has pretty good HE if you get uptiered. 

The Dunkerque laughs at being uptiered unlike so many other ships.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

Dunkerque all the way. the guns are all up front so you don't usually have to wait for them to spin 180.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,811 posts
10,336 battles

Dunkerque.

Dunkerque is fun, unique, fast, a threat and has wonderful maneuveraility and turret traverse, so long as you don't show broadside she's a machine.

Mutsu is moderately fast, but the shells and turrets traverse and concealment... meh.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,558 posts
3,539 battles

I love the Dunky, but requires a captain that knows when to face tank and when to turn and run. She is really good at kiting the enemy but her concealment it crap even with CE skill.