You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Just_Dark

Problem with Free Commander

13 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
669 battles

Greetings all.

So recently I returned to WoWS after I received an email promising a large amount of loot on my return.  Thankfully I did receive these things, unfortunately the free 5 point captain was immediatly locked to Chinese ships for some odd reason, the one one of those I own being the Chengan.

I am now unable to use this free Admiral for my shiny new New Orleans, as I was planning to do.  Is this some sort of bug or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for the help guys, Merry Christmas!

Members
3 posts
669 battles

Let me clarify a bit more real quick as I'm re-reading this and its not super clear:

I am wondering if the free 5 point captain I got for returning to the game auto locked to the Pan-Asia ships on purpose (I didn't equip him to the ship or anything, when I saw him in my reserve he was Pan-Asia already) or if it happened because of some bug or something I did wrong.

Members
3 posts
669 battles
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

The free captain was a Pan Asian captain, there was no option to use him with other nations. 

Well that sucks for me, thanks guys.

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,372 battles

I suspect the Pan Asian captain was selected so that new players would use the new Pan Asian DDs.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

So, everyone that got the email got the PA Commander?

Makes me wonder if WG is targeting DD Captains that left long ago, or just the latest and greatest to get anyone back?

Player retention problems seem possibly confirmed.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,836 posts
1,327 battles
15 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Makes me wonder if WG is targeting DD Captains that left long ago, or just the latest and greatest to get anyone back?

Or, just normal retention drive, w/o other motives.  Only WG knows for sure, and keep in mind that WG doesn't really think the same way that we're used to, since they're a Russian company.  

I'm not really 'defending' them or anything, I just think it's too little to data to actually even guess at what they're doing.

Members
9,962 posts
1 hour ago, Just_Dark said:

Let me clarify a bit more real quick as I'm re-reading this and its not super clear:

I am wondering if the free 5 point captain I got for returning to the game auto locked to the Pan-Asia ships on purpose (I didn't equip him to the ship or anything, when I saw him in my reserve he was Pan-Asia already) or if it happened because of some bug or something I did wrong.

You would have gotten a captain for any premium you received, the pan Asian captain is a separate bonus.

If you got the Ishi you got a IJN captain, + the Pan Asian.

Members
9,962 posts
43 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Yes, the top package had a 10 point captain for the two premiums, + a 10 pt Pan Asian.

Members
9,962 posts
34 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Or, just normal retention drive, w/o other motives.  Only WG knows for sure, and keep in mind that WG doesn't really think the same way that we're used to, since they're a Russian company.  

I'm not really 'defending' them or anything, I just think it's too little to data to actually even guess at what they're doing.

We may never know....But the rewards were by far the best single reward I've ever received from a game company. And I've been playing games online since before the Internet was a thing.

I've never been known for puling punches or not saying my mind about some of WG business practices, but I've been forced to stop my trolling of them for this.:Smile_amazed:

If they brought all these players back, and forced me to stop being a semi-inactive troll, I'd say it's a pretty smart play.:Smile_teethhappy:

GXzWpJN.png

Edited by awiggin

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Maybe they going to clean house and delete unanswered email Accounts. no play or log in by XXX date they gone.