Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptNautiguy

Funny or Dumb in Ranked

8 comments in this topic

Members
39 posts
2,198 battles

So what is the funniest or dumbest thing you've seen in ranked so far?   It has been quite hilarious so far in chat.

For me, its been lighting up ships in my Benson and than watching as cruiser after cruiser can't hit the broadside of a barn from 12 miles. Aiming seems to be a huge issue so far through rank 12.

jqweRZZ.jpg

The funniest thing I have seen in the chat box so far?  After being the first to die, a player types out "I would be at rank 1 by now if not for you clowns".  HAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by CaptNautiguy
  • Funny 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,562 battles

players that decide to split up and die moments later and then say that's how they won the last one ( were not playing the last game you played hint hint)

[SALVO]
Members
17,036 posts
17,659 battles

I got a kick out of the last battle I was in (in my Kidd), which we won easily, BTW.

At the start, it was seemingly agreed to go to AB, on the Sea of Fortune map, south spawn.  So what happens, 2 of the 3 DDs (I was the 3rd) go to C instead, followed by 1 BB and 1 CA.   The other BB and CA stay and support AB and me.  From my perspective, this was a total cluster(you know what).  Now, the upside was that the overall combat area of the AB + C caps on this map is relatively small and the time it takes to move  to support team mates isn't much.  However, the enemy team did something similar.  A BB and CA supporting AB from the north side, and the other BB and CA (plus a Kagero) went more to the west to support AB.  But from experience, all that did was to take them out of the fight.  Oh, and 1 of their 3 DDs (a Harekaze) went AB and got promptly crushed by my Kidd, while another of their DDs went to C and got over run by our other 2 DDs, the BB, and CA.  Basically, for doing a split on this map, we did it relatively well and the enemy team managed to do it in exactly the wrong way.  If they'd stuck together, things might have gone differently.  But the way things worked out, we crushed them.  And all in all, their split was really quite dumb.

[SALVO]
Members
17,036 posts
17,659 battles
34 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

players that decide to split up and die moments later and then say that's how they won the last one ( were not playing the last game you played hint hint)

Actually, I think that on  certain maps, a certain degree of splitting up can work out ok.  The problem is that too many potatoes can't recognize which maps this can work on, and how to do it effectively vs how to do it in a way that just screws things up badly.  Thus, overall, if one was going to err on the side of caution, sticking together seems safer than splitting up.

Beta Testers
47 posts
2,279 battles

In one of my games, it was a 3 battleship, 1 cruiser, 3 DD split. I was driving a BB. 

One DD exploded in the first 2 minutes. The next two took about 20% damage each... and promptly retreated BEHIND the BBs to fire torps and 'spot'. Needless to say, it was astonishingly ineffective. (Enemy DDs basically had a feast of torpedoes. And The friendly fire did not help.)

[TBW]
Members
6,398 posts
12,011 battles

The dumbest thing in ranked, is actually thinking that it is a ranking system.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
6,229 posts
8,857 battles

I exited back to port and went to read the forums today when we were ahead in points and had the enemy down five to two. When I got back to the game I saw a notification that team had somehow lost.

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The dumbest thing in ranked, is actually thinking that it is a ranking system.

Amen to that. Which is why I quit playing ranked. Too much stress and frustration for a system that relies on the other people on your team to not be morons.

if they ever switch to a system where personal play (regardless of team win or loss) determines ranking rather than a random team, I might try it again, but as ranked stands today, it is just a mode that makes me pull what little hair I have left, out of my head.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this