You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kanzler_Bismarck

Question about DoY

5 comments in this topic

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
3,544 battles

Hey guys, been awhile as I have been in the middle of a move so I have not been playing at all. I won't likely have internet at the new house for a few more days and so won't have the time to make a run for a free DoY.

As a big fan of the class, and a lover of British BB, is she worth buying outright? Keep in mind I have Hood and Nelson already, along with a KG V that has the Premium camo. 

$40+ Seems steep to get into a BB that I already have a copy of, unless she offers a cool experience that KG V does not. 

Reading LWM, it sounds like a no. Now that she is out, What does the hivemind think about her?

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,159 battles
10 minutes ago, Kanzler_Bismarck said:

Hey guys, been awhile as I have been in the middle of a move so I have not been playing at all. I won't likely have internet at the new house for a few more days and so won't have the time to make a run for a free DoY.

As a big fan of the class, and a lover of British BB, is she worth buying outright? Keep in mind I have Hood and Nelson already, along with a KG V that has the Premium camo. 

$40+ Seems steep to get into a BB that I already have a copy of, unless she offers a cool experience that KG V does not. 

Reading LWM, it sounds like a no. Now that she is out, What does the hivemind think about her?

I like her. I got DoY early to get the ships and camos from the New Year's raid missions. 

Got a Kraken in the Duke today, I have found her damage output is pretty comparable to the other T7s I have. I'm not great in terms of WR but so far I am running a little over 50%, even with a lot of passive players today. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by LancerUlysses

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
452 posts
5,575 battles

The only 2 advantages she has over the King George V is that you can use your 19 point captain (or other high skilled captain) from another ship without penalty or retraining (or assist in retraining a captain) and that she has a standard hydroacoustic search consumable (not necessarily useful).  The other differences are disadvantages (slower main battery reload, and one less heal charge that is not even the superheal on the Nelson, Lion, Conqueror, Neptune, or Minotaur)

Edited by DanielLeary

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

It is effectively the KGV so if you are happy with that the DoY will be right in your wheelhouse.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,861 posts
13,078 battles
6 hours ago, Kanzler_Bismarck said:

I bought her.  However, I bought one of the packages that had items I was already in the market for...Premium time and Doubloons.  Factoring in all the products, the DoY came out under $10.00. That was worth it.  Now, is it worth $40 outright?  If you can finish the campaign...I would say go for the free version.  If you can't finish the campaign, then go for it now...because there is good value in the other campaign where you need DoY.