Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Retraining a Commander - do flags help?

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,369 posts
4,370 battles

I moved my commander up to the next tier ship and bought 1/2 his retraining cost with silver.  Now I have to generate 3750 Commander XP.  I recall reading that while training, the commander generates no XP.  I assume that means that base CXP is applied against his retraining cost rather than accumulating toward skills. 

But that begs the question of whether, say, a Dragon flag (+333% CXP) would help get him trained quicker, or whether the flag would be wasted.

??

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,204 posts

yes, flags and camo help.

Doesn't matter whether training or retraining, flags and camo have the same effect.

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,184 posts
11,592 battles

All the flags that boost xp and commanders xp will help .  Also the free xp boost flags will help as that can also be used to finish his training .:Smile_honoring:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,120 posts
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Doesn't matter whether training or retraining, flags and camo have the same effect.

:cap_like:

I've oftentimes wondered that myself.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,369 posts
4,370 battles
8 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Also the free xp boost flags will help as that can also be used to finish his training

Hmm?  How?  Is there a way to apply FXP directly? Or do you mean that FXP is a component of CXP?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,204 posts
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

:cap_like:

I've oftentimes wondered that myself.

Very handy if you don't have a premium to retrain for that nation...even if you do...stacking flags can finish up many retrains in just few games.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,369 posts
4,370 battles

Yep. knocked it out in one battle.  Thanks guys.

Now I just need to find me some planes to kill.  (I don't have a CV.)

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,475 posts
7,998 battles
26 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yep. knocked it out in one battle.  Thanks guys.

Now I just need to find me some planes to kill.  (I don't have a CV.)

A Texas with an AA flag is a plane slayer. Got 31 planes in one battle without an AA build. 

But admit it, you'll miss the Myogi. 

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,369 posts
4,370 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

But admit it, you'll miss the Myogi. 

Yeah, NO. 

Well, okay.  I was a little sad to sell him, but Stockholm Syndrome.  Kongo is a different beast with rotten dispersion, but I think I could grow to like him.  I'm gonna grind something else for a while.  I find I like Cruisers, though I'm not that good at them yet.  Omaha has surprised me.  Of course, in the last battle, though I hung out near the BBs as long as I could, the planes didn't show until I was 6 fathoms under.  <grr>

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
4,184 posts
11,592 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Hmm?  How?  Is there a way to apply FXP directly? Or do you mean that FXP is a component of CXP?

Basically yes . Free xp can be used as any other kind of xp .  Use to get to another ship or (as I do) to play the new ship you just ground up to , to  research the modules so you  do not have to play it stock . Use it to retrain a commander to the new ship you just got by paying credits to get him to 50% and then elite (commanders xp) xp OR free xp to finish him to 100% retrained . Use free xp like commanders xp ; to accelerate a commanders training to a higher skill point(s) .

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,369 posts
4,370 battles
2 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

paying credits to get him to 50% and then elite (commanders xp) xp OR free xp to finish him to 100% retrained . Use free xp like commanders xp ; to accelerate a commanders training to a higher skill point(s) .

How?  I don't see a way to select that option.  I have a goodly amount of Elite CXP and FXP to spend;  I just don't see a way to use it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,204 posts
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

How?  I don't see a way to select that option.  I have a goodly amount of Elite CXP and FXP to spend;  I just don't see a way to use it.

Click on the captain. Click on the + sign by his name.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,369 posts
4,370 battles

Thank you thank you! 

I remembered that as just a link to the Accelerate Training dialogue (which wants Gold).

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
4,184 posts
11,592 battles
14 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

For retraining you just use the acceleration button (+ sign) next to the commanders name in the skill screen . Just like you would to bump him up a skill point . However it will automatically use elite xp (commanders xp) first then anymore you need from free xp or if you have no elite xp it will use free xp . Though there may be a way to adjust when the window pops up showing you how much it will cost and what you will have left  it but I never have tried that (will have to next time as I did not think of that till now ; sigh old man brain fart again) before .

Also it case you did not know you can convert elite xp to free xp just like with ship xp .

:Smile_honoring: 

ah well ninja'd by awiggin well at least the short version lol  

Sign in to follow this