Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

One More Step to Go

5 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
711 posts
3,133 battles

Today, after much blood, sweat, and tears, I worked up 5 million credits to buy the C hull on the Iowa. Only one step remains: Grinding towards Tier X and the Montana. Should I just stop here, or keep grinding? And is there anything I need to know about her, gameplay and specification-wise? Thank you and Merry Christmas!

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,159 battles

Monty is sweet. Well worth the grind!

She is pretty close to Iowa, spec-wise, but better armored. Her guns are sick either with the accuracy mod, or the RoF mod. I use the RoF, but aither will do nicely. 

Edited by LancerUlysses

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles

Montana is incredible and well worth it. Not quite as fast as Iowa (3 knots slower) but better armor and more guns. It is a beast. Same ship build and Capt build as you want on Iowa.

[BNC]
Members
23 posts
6,016 battles

I always support going for the Montana as it is the only TX that rewards you for playing well. Its armor, guns, AA and accuracy make it worth your wild to grind towards it. Montana does play slightly different from the Iowa as you have that extra turret at your disposal. I go for the accuracy mod over the ROF mod since its too much fun deleting people who show broadside. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,175 posts
14,605 battles
8 hours ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Today, after much blood, sweat, and tears, I worked up 5 million credits to buy the C hull on the Iowa. Only one step remains: Grinding towards Tier X and the Montana. Should I just stop here, or keep grinding? And is there anything I need to know about her, gameplay and specification-wise? Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Montana is nothing at all like Iowa / Missouri in playstyle.  IMO, she is an improved NC.

Did you ever wish you had more guns in NC?

Did you ever wish you had stronger guns in NC?

Did you ever wish your NC could engage at long range more easily?

Did you ever wish your NC was tougher on her sides?

Montana ticks a "YES" to all those wishes.

Montana was my first Tier X BB and I struggled a lot with her at first.  I struggled later on with Yamato.  I did better with GK.  When I went back to Montana with more game experience, I began to like her more and more.  She strikes a good balance of firepower, range, accuracy, armor, AA, handling as a Tier X BB, with decent concealment.  As with other High Tier USN BBs, you can adopt great AA but still improve your main battery dispersion, just like you did with Iowa.

If you take care of your typical tricks to survive, the only ship that you really have to fear in general engagements is Yamato and her powerful 460mm guns.  She can and will citadel you through the bow.  Nobody else can do that, however, only Yammie.  Be very careful when you fight her.  Still, in general, I feel very confident, I feel safe in Montana.

Just remember this also:  ALL Tier X BBs sail like pigs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this