You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGROB91

Game not starting

17 comments in this topic

[WHB]
Members
84 posts
4,827 battles

Hello all,

i played for a couple hours yesterday with no issue.

today when I tried to start the game, with Game Center it would say the game is running but it would not start up, I would have to restart my computer to have the option to start the game again. I tried system restore, checking game integrity, reinstalling Game Center, the only thing I have not done is reinstall the game as I have been using a wifi hotspot with limited data, I have been playing this game for 3 years on this laptop with no issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

Occasionally, and only very rarely, an app will only partially close, which stops the computer from relaunching the app. Next time use task manager first to see if WoWS is still open, and close it if it is.

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

Have you tried launching the game directly?

[WHB]
Members
84 posts
4,827 battles
53 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Have you tried launching the game directly?

Every time I did that it would open up the game center

Edited by BIGROB91

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
4 minutes ago, BIGROB91 said:

Every time I did that it would open up the game center

I mean heading to the world of warships file, and launching the game client, not the launcher.

[WHB]
Members
84 posts
4,827 battles
48 minutes ago, megadeux said:

I mean heading to the world of warships file, and launching the game client, not the launcher.

Ahh, I will try that next time I have the chance thank you!

[WHB]
Members
84 posts
4,827 battles
3 hours ago, megadeux said:

Tried that and it didn't work, it looks like I need to reinstall 

[NUCO]
Members
2 posts
1,914 battles

I'm having the same problem. It's happened a few times now since the last patch. Nothing is showing in task manager, I've tried directly launching the game via the WorldOfWarships.exe file. I have the auto update client running in the background and I've tried killing that and launching the game with no result. The only thing I know to do is to completely reboot the system to get it to work again.

[-SP-]
Members
2 posts
2,227 battles

I am constantly having this problem, and I know it started within the last couple game updates.  Very frustrating!!  There is nothing related to game running in Task Manager, yet until I reboot the game won't start.

[YEET]
Members
51 posts
4,238 battles
On 12/25/2017 at 5:57 PM, BIGROB91 said:

Hello all,

i played for a couple hours yesterday with no issue.

today when I tried to start the game, with Game Center it would say the game is running but it would not start up, I would have to restart my computer to have the option to start the game again. I tried system restore, checking game integrity, reinstalling Game Center, the only thing I have not done is reinstall the game as I have been using a wifi hotspot with limited data, I have been playing this game for 3 years on this laptop with no issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It's tied to a bug introduced in 0.7.4.1.  When World of Warships closes it seems to be breaking DirectX so when it tries to launch it instantly crashes silently.  You can confirm this as any other game requiring DirectX cannot launch after closing World of Warships. The only way to fix this problem is to reboot the system.

Wargaming has yet to give us feedback onto if they are aware of this bug and if they're taking measures to  fix it.

Beta Testers
1 post
3,760 battles

I have this same issue and have to reboot the system after closing World of Warships in order to launch it again. Would love to hear some feedback from WG

[TARFU]
Members
907 posts
5,925 battles

guys, make sure discord isn't running ,i just found out thats why my game wont start. its ok if you open discord after the game loads tho