Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ZARDOZ_II

T5 Premium

T5 Premium?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which T5 Premium would you recommend?

• Murmansk
    • Ohotnik
    • Marblehead
    • Forget them all, get more gold and get a DeGrasse

23 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
Members
1,790 posts
4,030 battles

So I have some gold left, enough for one more T5 I don't have.  So I'm thinking either Ohotnik, Murmansk, or the Marblehead.  I did pick up the 'Bama and Leningrad with the dubs I had.  In the Russian line I already have the Molotov Cocktail and Ocktoblaster.  In the USN line I have several, but for DD's I have the Smith and Sims.  Interested in thoughts and advice on what would you choose. 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,834 posts
13,768 battles

Of the two cruiser the Murmansk is better than the Marblehead, even though I have never played the Russian and the Marble has a special place in my port. The Marble is harder to play with the current MM. I hear the Ohotnik is a silly fun lolibot to play, if you like lots of guns and short range face plant torps. 

The Degrasse is another floating citadel cruiser much like the Molotov cocktail but I hear its just as good.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,989 posts
13,650 battles

Ohhotchick is a blast to play.  Takes a little getting used to but once you learn her little idiosyncrasies she is very strong,

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,828 posts
11,513 battles

The Omahas are both alright, though the Ohotnik is really fun. But I would recommend saving up for a t6.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,835 battles

Agree with the Kapitan!  The Marblehead has been left behind with the Tech tree expansion over the last year and a half.  She is kind of outclassed by others.  Murmansk is 'ok' but as it is still kind of a rarity it gets hit hard an often...it's like the armoured vehicle that sweeps up balls on the driving range...EVERYONE takes a shot at it.

Okhotnik is different and special, but short torps are tough even with CE.  Still a cool DD.

De Grasse is special.  Very balanced and not often seen.  Molotov gets the press attention for her rifles but DG is a more composedplatform.  Her AP will dish out plenty of citadels on CA/CL's.  She is fast.  Her reload time is very quick.  She is balanced.  I'd keep her of all the boats mentioned in the poll.

[SALVO]
Members
17,021 posts
17,629 battles

I disagree with those who diss the Marblehead.  Yes, the Murmansk has some advantages.  About half a kilometer more gun range, more powerful (though longer reloading) torpedoes. Better AA.  OTOH, the Marblehead has one more gun per broadside, and her torps, while weak reload a lot faster.

Personally, I don't think that the difference between them as all that great.  Oh, back before the range buff, the gun range difference between the two was close to 1.5 km, which was pretty huge, since forcing an Omaha class to fight at around 12.8 km (IIRC) is pretty darned risky.  Every extra km of gun range gives you just a little more reaction time to zig zag and avoid enemy fire.  And I personally find the extra gun per broadside to be of more value than the Murmansk's more powerful torps, since I tend to try to stay at long range kiting the enemy rather than closing on them.

Regardless, IMO, both the Marblehead and Murmansk are good tier 5 cruisers that will reward good cruiser play, even when bottom tier, surprisingly enough.  Just don't show your broadside any more than you have to.  Aggressively use terrain to your advantage.  And try to not be the focus of attention of any higher tier BB.

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,484 battles

I have all of em and I ABSOUTLY love the Marblehead. It is a fire breathing monsta from Planet 9.  W/R is 63.97 %in her vs 53.70 % in the Murmansk. Folks disparage her everyday on here, but 4 the life of me I just don't get it. She is a BLAST. guns all around, high arch, shell velocity, kiting is good and you can non stop fire while  doing a 360' turn. Fast reload,fast enough to kite like a butterfly,sting like a bee, just stay in the 10-14km range and rain pain. I recommend this ship to every 1 that listens.

[INTEL]
Members
6,658 posts
25,672 battles

I have them all.

Okhotnimk is a blast ot play. Liek a Derzki on steroids.

Marblehead and Murmansk asre bpoth very good as light cruisers go. I prefer Marblehead a bit but like both.

If you can wait for a De Grasse, that would be my choice. Wonderful ship. Better than Duca D'Aosta in my view.

[SALVO]
Members
17,021 posts
17,629 battles
10 minutes ago, Alien_Observer said:

I have all of em and I ABSOUTLY love the Marblehead. It is a fire breathing monsta from Planet 9.  W/R is 63.97 %in her vs 53.70 % in the Murmansk. Folks disparage her everyday on here, but 4 the life of me I just don't get it. She is a BLAST. guns all around, high arch, shell velocity, kiting is good and you can non stop fire while  doing a 360' turn. Fast reload,fast enough to kite like a butterfly,sting like a bee, just stay in the 10-14km range and rain pain. I recommend this ship to every 1 that listens.

Alien, I'm a bit surprised by the difference in WR between your Marblehead and your Murmansk.   It's surprisingly large to me.  I'd think that the similarities between the two would be more than enough that a player who does really well in one, would do just about as well in the other.  After all, the fighting styles aren't really that different.  You have to handle either one in the same way, because of the gun layouts.  And the extra guns on the MH are in a location that doesn't really change how you fight the ship compared to the Murmansk.

Both are rather wonderful, if squishy, CL's for their tier.

[FML]
Members
1,735 posts
10,099 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

So I have some gold left, enough for one more T5 I don't have.  So I'm thinking either Ohotnik, Murmansk, or the Marblehead.  I did pick up the 'Bama and Leningrad with the dubs I had.  In the Russian line I already have the Molotov Cocktail and Ocktoblaster.  In the USN line I have several, but for DD's I have the Smith and Sims.  Interested in thoughts and advice on what would you choose. 

Get the Cesare - easily the best Tier 5 premium ship currently available (else Kamikaze/R)

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,790 posts
4,030 battles
3 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Get the Cesare - easily the best Tier 5 premium ship currently available (else Kamikaze/R)

Already have the Caesar. Can't buy the Kamikaze. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,245 posts
10,648 battles

Personally the Okhotnik is a fun bot, you want something with better chance to survive in, go for the Guilio Cesare aka THE PASTA BOAT.  Fast T5 BB, put the speed flag on on she will top out around 28 knots for T5 that is off the hock.  She starts fires well and up closer her AP can hit hard.   Also she maneuvers very well and can do the Torpedo Dance quite well for a T5 BB. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,484 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Alien, I'm a bit surprised by the difference in WR between your Marblehead and your Murmansk.   It's surprisingly large to me.  I'd think that the similarities between the two would be more than enough that a player who does really well in one, would do just about as well in the other.  After all, the fighting styles aren't really that different.  You have to handle either one in the same way, because of the gun layouts.  And the extra guns on the MH are in a location that doesn't really change how you fight the ship compared to the Murmansk.

Both are rather wonderful, if squishy, CL's for their tier.

The difference can be attributed to play style. I played the Murmansk during my 1000-4000 battles played time (my tadpole stage) and the Marble head I played in the 6800 + battles played time( I'm a grown up alien froglett now). Murmansk play style was more aggressive close in and pound DD's/contest zones and generally be a 1 alien wrecking ball. Now I have learned that in a fast scout/support cruiser, I can sink multiple ships and amass usually around 70 k damage in a kiting/floating damage control free radical. Fire,Fire,Fire as Beavis would say and by golly he was right.  

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,764 battles
3 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Buy more crates get a Gremy FTW. I got one and have killed 60 ships in 31 battles with a 15-1 KD ratio 67k avg. Damage.

[OPEC]
Members
943 posts
5,108 battles

I agree with the above posters about Marblehead.  I got her in a crate last year and do well and have fun when I take her out.  If I need a few XP to get to a crate I take her out in Co-op and usually seem to top the board.

Just got the De Grasse in a crate this year and really like it so far, too (I have liked all of the baguettes so far).  Ohotnik arrived in a single crate last night, but I haven’t had the chance to play it yet.

[4HIM]
Members
1,790 posts
4,030 battles
4 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Buy more crates get a Gremy FTW. I got one and have killed 60 ships in 31 battles with a 15-1 KD ratio 67k avg. Damage.

No way I'm throwing away more money on those crates.  I've been severely hosed on them.  37 crates and only a Gallant to show for it.  Crates, for me, were nothing but a waste of money.

Members
3,753 posts
13,959 battles
9 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

The Degrasse is another floating citadel cruiser much like the Molotov cocktail but I hear its just as good.  

All Cruisers are floating citadels. Some, like Molotov, are much worse than others. I've driven De Grasse and Molotov. De Grasse is still in my port and played a lot, neither of which can be said for Molly. She's a better ship than Molly in every way except guns. Molotov's guns are better than DG's but not majorly so.

If you don't have De Grasse yet Bear, get one. I'm sure that you wont regret doing so.

Sign in to follow this