You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Giantsgiants

Some questions about USN Cruiser split

18 comments in this topic

Members
316 posts
2,271 battles

So as you guys know, there will be a USN Cruiser split coming next year. I currently have a Cleveland which is one of the ships that will be part of the split. I have a few questions.

1. Will my current Cleveland become Tier 8 after the split?

2. Will I get a free Pensacola?

3. (Main question I have) What will happen to my Cleveland's ship XP? Will it stay on the Cleveland or will it go to the Pensacola?

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Will stay with it. Of course the ships specs will change to reflect the new tier.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,168 posts
5,028 battles

1.  You will have a tier 8 Cleveland with a new captain.  Not sure how they will do skill level.

2. You will get either a Pensacola or Dallas depending how WG roles.  Your current Cleveland captain will be retrained to it.

3. The xp goes to whatever ship replaced your Cleveland.  Your tier 8 Cleveland will start with zero xp, though it might have all modules unlocked if you have all modules unlocked currently.

[TF-64]
Members
374 posts
12,806 battles

All we have to go by at this point is what WG did for the IJN and RU splits. WG was pretty generous during those 2. The more you have, the more you get. But we won't know specifics until they are announced. I plan to have the entire line by then (don't have the Des Moines yet but getting there).  

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles
2 hours ago, Giantsgiants said:

So as you guys know, there will be a USN Cruiser split coming next year. I currently have a Cleveland which is one of the ships that will be part of the split. I have a few questions.

3. (Main question I have) What will happen to my Cleveland's ship XP? Will it stay on the Cleveland or will it go to the Pensacola?

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/12/23/wargaming-fest-2017-world-of-warships-2018-plans/

This link is from Caducus46 post a couple of days ago. The article is about what WG plans for WoWs in 2018 including info and WG explanations for the upcoming USN Cruiser line split.

This line from the article is prescient,"Those who have a lot of affected ships at the time of the change will get a lot of bonuses, so it’s recommended keeping cruisers from Cleveland to Baltimore in the port."

There, if you have the Cleveland, keep her.  Keep grinding the line as you can only benefit from more progression once the split occurs.

Check out the article.  It can be found in 'The Daily Bounce' dated 12/23/2017.

Hope this helps

[-TAB-]
Members
1,607 posts
5,174 battles
Just now, Sinton said:

Those who have a lot of affected ships at the time of the change will get a lot of bonuses, so it’s recommended keeping cruisers from Cleveland to Baltimore in the port."

i am apparently badly affected while attempting to play all US CA/CL. got the Atlanta in a santa crate and am afraid to try it. O.O

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
1 minute ago, not_acceptable said:

i am apparently badly affected while attempting to play all US CA/CL. got the Atlanta in a santa crate and am afraid to try it. O.O

Atlanta is a tough ship to use and I'm still learning. Pretty much it is a big DD with a citadel. Try to hide and shoot from concealment as much as you can.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles
Just now, not_acceptable said:

Hella fun my brother!  Tell you what, spec the boat and your Cpt.  Run signals for Detonation Prevention, Speed, Fire and flood reduction, AA bonus.  Spec Cpt. for PM, Adren. Rush, SI, and IFHE (a must!) and run your new lil Beauty through the 'Narnia' Scenario that's currently available.  It is a blast and non-stop action. I got 600k silver with only a 4 star win.  Enjoy!  It will be a great training mission!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
1 hour ago, Sinton said:

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/12/23/wargaming-fest-2017-world-of-warships-2018-plans/

This link is from Caducus46 post a couple of days ago. The article is about what WG plans for WoWs in 2018 including info and WG explanations for the upcoming USN Cruiser line split.

This line from the article is prescient,"Those who have a lot of affected ships at the time of the change will get a lot of bonuses, so it’s recommended keeping cruisers from Cleveland to Baltimore in the port."

There, if you have the Cleveland, keep her.  Keep grinding the line as you can only benefit from more progression once the split occurs.

Check out the article.  It can be found in 'The Daily Bounce' dated 12/23/2017.

Hope this helps

I saw that too and it made me glad I focused on getting all the ships involved. Have Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore + their camo's. Bring it on LOL.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Atlanta is a tough ship to use and I'm still learning. Pretty much it is a big DD with a citadel. Try to hide and shoot from concealment as much as you can.

I got one a few days ago in a Santa crate and it is a frigging blast. Sort of a mini Minotaur. You definitely are right about trying to shoot from concealment because the thing is super squishy and gets instadeleted very easy. Detonated really easy too. IF you can find a spot that let's you hide and fire OMG it just rains down the pain. Really fun and I am enjoying it. It just melts DD's in like 3 seconds.

Only thing that really is tough is that 11km gun range. Makes you get close to shoot which is bad for it. Wish it had a little more range. However, it is hard enough with those huge firing arcs and rainbow shells now so if it could shoot further I am not sure there is enough screen for the lead that would be needed. LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles

3 hours ago, Giantsgiants said:

1. Yes, the T6 CL Cleveland will become the T8 CL Cleveland. The 1k doubloon perma-camo will be converted to the T8 version for free, so you can save 2k doubloons by buying it while Cleveland is still T6. Your current commander assigned to the Cleveland will move to the new T6 cruiser. If you want to keep your current Cleveland captain for the T8, send him to the reserve the day before the split. Then assign a new free 0pt captain to the Cleveland. That captain will move and your Cleveland captain in the reserve will still be trained. You should get a new captain for the Cleveland as a part of the split, probably 5-8pts as a WAG. This should also happen with the other ships that are moving and you will want to assign a temp captain if you want to keep the old captains at the new tier.

2. Since it is the T6 CL moving to T8 CL, I think the compensation will be the T6 CL Dallas. Others are thinking it will be the T6  CA Pensacola as that is what you are earning on the grind now. now. I can see WG going either way. So if you get the Pensacola for the Cleveland, you will need the Omaha to grind for the Dallas.  If you have the T7 CA Pensacola before the split, it will become the T6 CA Pensacola and you will get the new T7 CA New Orleans. If you have the T8 CA New Orleans, it will become the T7 and you will get the new T8 CA Baltimore. If you have the T9 CA Baltimore, it will become the T8 you will get the new T9 CA Buffalo. The Des Moines is not moving anywhere, so no compensation for it. 

3. As I understand it, Cleveland will stay at T6 for whatever ship you get at that level for the Cleveland. As others have mentioned, the Cleveland at T8 should start a 0, although if you have the upgrades on the current Cleveland, there will be some compensation, probably silver.

If you have Cleveland through Baltimore, then for the duplicate ships, New Orleans and Baltimore at the very minimum (Pensacola only if you do not get Dallas for Cleveland), you will get silver for those duplicates.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I got one a few days ago in a Santa crate and it is a frigging blast. Sort of a mini Minotaur. You definitely are right about trying to shoot from concealment because the thing is super squishy and gets instadeleted very easy. Detonated really easy too. IF you can find a spot that let's you hide and fire OMG it just rains down the pain. Really fun and I am enjoying it.

Shiny. I was scouting with it yesterday in PvP as there were no DDs in the match. Our team split to the sides and no one was watching the middle. I turned around an island in the middle and there was the enemy team. I was a one use scout, but I guess the rest of the team pincer-ed them because we won.

[90THC]
Members
444 posts
5,524 battles

im curious how or if they'll nerf the US Cruisers when they downtier. Pensacola maybe yank two guns. New Orleans i wouldn't change much if all. Balti will be fine because it loses the modules

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
15 minutes ago, KommandantPerry said:

im curious how or if they'll nerf the US Cruisers when they downtier. Pensacola maybe yank two guns. New Orleans i wouldn't change much if all. Balti will be fine because it loses the modules

They may not be nerf'd at all. I would expect the recent buffs, RoF and the like, would be reversed. Also, they will lose access to the upgrades at the old tier, so the New Orleans goes to 4 upgrades instead of 5. New Orleans may lose the RADAR as well.

I wonder if they will move the Indianapolis or leave it at T7? I guess only WG knows.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles
38 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They may not be nerf'd at all. I would expect the recent buffs, RoF and the like, would be reversed. Also, they will lose access to the upgrades at the old tier, so the New Orleans goes to 4 upgrades instead of 5. New Orleans may lose the RADAR as well.

I wonder if they will move the Indianapolis or leave it at T7? I guess only WG knows.

Indianapolis is a Portland class cruiser which was  derived mainly of the Pensacola and Northampton classes. Looks like her turret configuration should stay the same, but I agree with Kiz that they may roll back some of the more recent buffs.

Beta Testers
183 posts

This might be a slight necro topic. But I just saw a video from Notser on this topic. Brand new video. And I was wondering, what happens to the permanent camo that we got for New Orleans during the 2nd Anniversary event? Will that stay on the New Orleans, or are they gonna keep it on the new tier 8 replacement for her? (the camos you got along with Kiev, Charles Martel, and the Z-23)

[SYN]
Members
334 posts
11,787 battles

We don't know.  I've been wondering that for awhile tho.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,285 posts
25,344 battles
10 minutes ago, NoLove_NoNothing said:

This might be a slight necro topic. But I just saw a video from Notser on this topic. Brand new video. And I was wondering, what happens to the permanent camo that we got for New Orleans during the 2nd Anniversary event? Will that stay on the New Orleans, or are they gonna keep it on the new tier 8 replacement for her? (the camos you got along with Kiev, Charles Martel, and the Z-23)

WG hasn't said anything about that.  But my guess is that it will go to the 'new' tier 8 Baltimore.

Beta Testers
183 posts

I really hope it does go to the tier 8 Baltimore. Because if they keep it on the New Orleans, that's really gonna suck due to the fact that the camo would have to be nerfed down to tier 6-7 stats.