Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vanguard70

"Santa Crates"

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2 posts

Hey fellow wows players, the other day i bought a number of gift packs so as to get my hands on the "Alabama", etc... Managed to open some super containers and received ALL DD"s which i do NOT play!!!!. I realize that many like to have what i opened, yet they are not for me... Wish i could exchange or trade them with one who has the ships i want. These are the ships that i want to sell if i cant get the battleships, cruisers i want-----  Uss Kidd, Lo yang, Anshan, Huanghe, Russian dd "Okhotnik", last but not least the Hms Gallant. If any of you have any suggestions or ways around selling these ships i am open to it, otherwise they are going to be sold. Will most likely buy the Alabama at the discounted doubloon price which i didn't consider doing until i received so many ships which in itself is rare, yet not of interest to me. Looking forward to some great news to my query... Merry xmas all! :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7 posts
3,401 battles

How about the bigger issue of people buying crates and/or gifting them to friends. BEING CHARGED and more importantly NOT RECEIVING THEM!!

This seems like an issue that needs to be posted about. Sorry about you getting "bad luck" and I wish you could exchange ships or even, wait for it, transfer ships or, even more reasonable, credits to other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,964 battles

You need to buy the big boxes; which contain Alabama; Lo Yang or Gallant; if you have Lo Yang and Gallant there is more chance you will get Alabama.

Got last year Lo yang; opened the mega boxes; got first Gallant and the next one was Alabama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
468
[4HIM]
Members
1,798 posts
4,058 battles

At least you received multiple ships.  I bought 35 crates and only got one.  And a 'mehbote' at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
6 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

You need to buy the big boxes; which contain Alabama; Lo Yang or Gallant; if you have Lo Yang and Gallant there is more chance you will get Alabama.

Got last year Lo yang; opened the mega boxes; got first Gallant and the next one was Alabama

Thx for the added tip Lionel92, even though i had bought the big boxes... guess not enough of them!, lol. I will try again and see, u never know... Still might be cheaper as opposed to buying  it outright or even the discounted doubloon rate. Wish WG would allow for a substitute or trade in as WOT had done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,964 battles
5 hours ago, Vanguard70 said:

Thx for the added tip Lionel92, even though i had bought the big boxes... guess not enough of them!, lol. I will try again and see, u never know... Still might be cheaper as opposed to buying  it outright or even the discounted doubloon rate. Wish WG would allow for a substitute or trade in as WOT had done

If you got enough dubloons out of crates, maybe you can purchase Alabama from the tech tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
1,965 battles
On 25/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, Vanguard70 said:

Hey fellow wows players, the other day i bought a number of gift packs so as to get my hands on the "Alabama", etc... Managed to open some super containers and received ALL DD"s which i do NOT play!!!!. I realize that many like to have what i opened, yet they are not for me... Wish i could exchange or trade them with one who has the ships i want. These are the ships that i want to sell if i cant get the battleships, cruisers i want-----  Uss Kidd, Lo yang, Anshan, Huanghe, Russian dd "Okhotnik", last but not least the Hms Gallant. If any of you have any suggestions or ways around selling these ships i am open to it, otherwise they are going to be sold. Will most likely buy the Alabama at the discounted doubloon price which i didn't consider doing until i received so many ships which in itself is rare, yet not of interest to me. Looking forward to some great news to my query... Merry xmas all! :))

I bought 25x small gift crates and got ZERO ships. Be happy you at least got something to drive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[TSG4C]
Members
32 posts
1,926 battles

I bought 5 of each size and the best of the bunch was 1K doubloons. Heard from others who bought 10 - 20 of different sizes receiving ships, port slots and other bigger rewards. I am pretty disappointed with my results, but nothing is guaranteed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
3 minutes ago, paulnola said:

I bought 5 of each size and the best of the bunch was 1K doubloons. Heard from others who bought 10 - 20 of different sizes receiving ships, port slots and other bigger rewards. I am pretty disappointed with my results, but nothing is guaranteed.

gift boxes are ment to be bought in bulk. dont expect to get much from 15 boxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246
[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles
12 minutes ago, paulnola said:

I bought 5 of each size and the best of the bunch was 1K doubloons. Heard from others who bought 10 - 20 of different sizes receiving ships, port slots and other bigger rewards. I am pretty disappointed with my results, but nothing is guaranteed.

Just depends on RNG to some extent.  I had two smaller gift cards that I used to buy two 5 pack boxes and they had one ship each.  I've bought other 5 packs that just had signals, flags, and/or gold, too (which have wound up being VERY helpful to get the North Cape tasks done).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×