You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vanguard70

"Santa Crates"

10 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts

Hey fellow wows players, the other day i bought a number of gift packs so as to get my hands on the "Alabama", etc... Managed to open some super containers and received ALL DD"s which i do NOT play!!!!. I realize that many like to have what i opened, yet they are not for me... Wish i could exchange or trade them with one who has the ships i want. These are the ships that i want to sell if i cant get the battleships, cruisers i want-----  Uss Kidd, Lo yang, Anshan, Huanghe, Russian dd "Okhotnik", last but not least the Hms Gallant. If any of you have any suggestions or ways around selling these ships i am open to it, otherwise they are going to be sold. Will most likely buy the Alabama at the discounted doubloon price which i didn't consider doing until i received so many ships which in itself is rare, yet not of interest to me. Looking forward to some great news to my query... Merry xmas all! :))

Members
7 posts
3,401 battles

How about the bigger issue of people buying crates and/or gifting them to friends. BEING CHARGED and more importantly NOT RECEIVING THEM!!

This seems like an issue that needs to be posted about. Sorry about you getting "bad luck" and I wish you could exchange ships or even, wait for it, transfer ships or, even more reasonable, credits to other players.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,964 battles

You need to buy the big boxes; which contain Alabama; Lo Yang or Gallant; if you have Lo Yang and Gallant there is more chance you will get Alabama.

Got last year Lo yang; opened the mega boxes; got first Gallant and the next one was Alabama

[4HIM]
Members
1,798 posts
4,058 battles

At least you received multiple ships.  I bought 35 crates and only got one.  And a 'mehbote' at that.

Members
2 posts
6 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

You need to buy the big boxes; which contain Alabama; Lo Yang or Gallant; if you have Lo Yang and Gallant there is more chance you will get Alabama.

Got last year Lo yang; opened the mega boxes; got first Gallant and the next one was Alabama

Thx for the added tip Lionel92, even though i had bought the big boxes... guess not enough of them!, lol. I will try again and see, u never know... Still might be cheaper as opposed to buying  it outright or even the discounted doubloon rate. Wish WG would allow for a substitute or trade in as WOT had done

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,964 battles
5 hours ago, Vanguard70 said:

Thx for the added tip Lionel92, even though i had bought the big boxes... guess not enough of them!, lol. I will try again and see, u never know... Still might be cheaper as opposed to buying  it outright or even the discounted doubloon rate. Wish WG would allow for a substitute or trade in as WOT had done

If you got enough dubloons out of crates, maybe you can purchase Alabama from the tech tree

Members
1 post
1,965 battles
On 25/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, Vanguard70 said:

Hey fellow wows players, the other day i bought a number of gift packs so as to get my hands on the "Alabama", etc... Managed to open some super containers and received ALL DD"s which i do NOT play!!!!. I realize that many like to have what i opened, yet they are not for me... Wish i could exchange or trade them with one who has the ships i want. These are the ships that i want to sell if i cant get the battleships, cruisers i want-----  Uss Kidd, Lo yang, Anshan, Huanghe, Russian dd "Okhotnik", last but not least the Hms Gallant. If any of you have any suggestions or ways around selling these ships i am open to it, otherwise they are going to be sold. Will most likely buy the Alabama at the discounted doubloon price which i didn't consider doing until i received so many ships which in itself is rare, yet not of interest to me. Looking forward to some great news to my query... Merry xmas all! :))

I bought 25x small gift crates and got ZERO ships. Be happy you at least got something to drive. 

[TSG4C]
Members
32 posts
1,926 battles

I bought 5 of each size and the best of the bunch was 1K doubloons. Heard from others who bought 10 - 20 of different sizes receiving ships, port slots and other bigger rewards. I am pretty disappointed with my results, but nothing is guaranteed.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
3 minutes ago, paulnola said:

I bought 5 of each size and the best of the bunch was 1K doubloons. Heard from others who bought 10 - 20 of different sizes receiving ships, port slots and other bigger rewards. I am pretty disappointed with my results, but nothing is guaranteed.

gift boxes are ment to be bought in bulk. dont expect to get much from 15 boxes

[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles
12 minutes ago, paulnola said:

Just depends on RNG to some extent.  I had two smaller gift cards that I used to buy two 5 pack boxes and they had one ship each.  I've bought other 5 packs that just had signals, flags, and/or gold, too (which have wound up being VERY helpful to get the North Cape tasks done).