Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Kidd vs LoYang in Ranked?

10 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles

LoYang, Kidd is a meme in ranked, it suck literal balls.

DDs actually contest points in ranked, having bad torps and questionable utility makes Kidd worthless.

Loyang however is a point bully, as long as a loyang lingers around a point, no enemy can advance into it. It has big hydro, not small radar.

Edited by NeutralState

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,840 battles

Lo Yang, best Hydro for a DD at its tier, good guns and torps.

Kidd is a gimmick, yes it has guns and heal but 1 set of torps at 2 minutes?

That hurts the options for the player and the team.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles
5 minutes ago, _greifer said:

at 5.4 km range, loyang's hydro makes it one of the best in game, let alone it's tier. A IJN DD runs into a Loyang is pretty much dead. Especially in T8 ranked, IJN DDs at that rank is much slower than Loyang, making escape impossible.

[W-P-E]
Members
467 posts

Then I will not buy more crates and hope to get Kidd... I stopped buying crates after getting Alabama. Kidd and Herakaze are the only non-CV T8 Premiums that I don't own yet. 

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

The reason I am running Z-23 is that it is one of 6 ships that I need to work on, and not seeing tier 9 and 10 makes the XP accumulation quite easy. So  far only 1 game in her but she sits at 100% win rate so far and she performed well.

[SALVO]
Members
17,068 posts
17,716 battles
51 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

LoYang, Kidd is a meme in ranked, it suck literal balls.

DDs actually contest points in ranked, having bad torps and questionable utility makes Kidd worthless.

Loyang however is a point bully, as long as a loyang lingers around a point, no enemy can advance into it.

44 minutes ago, _greifer said:

I agree that having a single set of torps (without reload booster) hurts.  OTOH, you guys are dead wrong that the Kidd is worthless.  It can be utterly devastating vs enemy DDs with its high RoF guns.  And if well played, you can get some utility out of that single set of torpedoes.  You just don't want to blindly spam them.  

I will say that it doesn't have the raw offensive potential against larger ships because of the lack of at least 2 torp launchers.  And as such, if you're playing the Kidd, you do depend on your team mates to a fair degree to make winning possible.  That said, a well played Kidd can be a beast smoke shooting enemy BBs in support of your team mates.  It does require a seemingly selfish playstyle, i.e. laying smoke for one's self and shooting.  But given the Kidd's high RoF, and if you have her set up well for gunfire (BFT, DE, and/or IFHE), plus Superintendent, you can do a surprising amount of damage.  Yes, you can only do it while your team is still alive around you, since you rely on team mates spotting for you, but it is still useful and productive tactic.

I know that some will say that using smoke for one's self is selfish.  But with the changes to smoke, its utility is limited since BBs that fire their guns will be seen no matter what, and there are exceptionally few cruisers.  And, arrogant as this may sound, when it comes to laying smoke for offensive use, I trust what I can do with it more than I trust my team mates to use it well.  I've seen far too many potato team mates to trust them to make proper use of my smoke.

Also, NeutralState, you call the Lo Yang a cap bully.  Well, from my experience, the Kidd is a much more potent cap bully.  And heck, the Akizuki and Benson are right up there as well.

Edited by Crucis

[SALVO]
Members
17,068 posts
17,716 battles
36 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

at 5.4 km range, lo yang's hydro makes it one of the best in game, let alone it's tier. A IJN DD runs into a Loyang is pretty much dead. Especially in T8 ranked, IJN DDs at that rank is much slower than Loyang, making escape impossible.

Any IJN DD that's not an Akizuki is pretty much dead if it runs into a Benson, Lo Yang, or Kidd.

Sign in to follow this