You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruiser_Abukuma

I can see a lot has changed

26 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
262 posts
672 battles

So it's been awhile, close to 2 years if I recall correctly. Lost my drive awhile ago to play the game due to unexpected events and was forced to watch progress from the sidelines. In terms of my personal preferences this game has done a lot that I like and wish would be copied and pasted into other games that need some of said features. The welcome back gift, or should I say please come back gift is extremely nice, but is a touch unfair to players who are loyal and continue to stick through the game through low and high water. 

I also see the new forum style and am quite enjoying it so far, it's clean and new and makes it feel like a fresh new start, at least for me. I'm looking forward to trying to get back into the game but my time will be short as I leave for Texas in February. Honestly the one thing that I've missed the most would have to be all of my old friends and ex-clan mates. They made the game that much more bearable and enjoyable. 

But that's another thing I have to compliment is for the most part the community. I know toxic communities, the WoT Console forums are just a small tidbit of that, and to know that this forum here is still as enjoyable as it was all those years ago is a statement to the community. 

Again, I'm looking forward to trying to get back into the game with the little time I have, and I hope to rekindle some of the fun, loving community and friends that I had in years past.  

Edit* also if someone can help me find the new area where i can change my signature, i'd like to get rid of the old irrelevant one please.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hello and welcome back! Glad you're able to return!

To change your signature click on the arrow next to your avatar, next to the search bar. Then click account settings, the change signature option is there.

Fair winds and following seas captain! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

262 posts
672 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

Hello and welcome back! Glad you're able to return!

To change your signature click on the arrow next to your avatar, next to the search bar. Then click account settings, the change signature option is there.

Fair winds and following seas captain! :Smile_honoring:

Thanks for the help I appreciate, and thank you for the welcome back!

Now I just have to go and find a community again to help me get back into the swing of things.

262 posts
672 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

Welcome back!

You can change your signature here:

5a412ea1b75f7_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.e2cf8cf0b9cdf6c8fe1b63d2af57ecf6.png

Thank you as well, I have found it thanks to the person above but I sill appreciate it nonetheless :Smile_medal:

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
23 minutes ago, Cruiser_Abukuma said:

Welcome back. Glad you could return to us. If you want to have a few laughs you can check out here plus all can be used for fun.

Also if you are looking into buying some premium ships I suggest reading @LittleWhiteMouse's premium ship review threads. The work she has done in this game in understanding it and how it works is incredible (she knows the turning of all the ships in game and where her ammo stores are). If you are thinking about the new ships in-game you can get for cash she is the best person to go to for advice.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

Welcome back!   Don't hesitate to ask questions -- so much has changed in the game in the last two years, she's really a different beast.  No ship type plays the exact same way as it did two years go (though battleships have preserved the closest approximation to their old meta).

• Cool 1

262 posts
672 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Welcome back. Glad you could return to us. If you want to have a few laughs you can check out here plus all can be used for fun.

Also if you are looking into buying some premium ships I suggest reading @LittleWhiteMouse's premium ship review threads. The work she has done in this game in understanding it and how it works is incredible (she knows the turning of all the ships in game and where her ammo stores are). If you are thinking about the new ships in-game you can get for cash she is the best person to go to for advice.

Sweet thanks for posting those. I probably wont be in any state to buy and premium ships until i get back from Texas but nevertheless useful information. 

If that gif thread is anything like the dank memes channel i have in discord then i'm sure there'll be plenty of laughs and good times

262 posts
672 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Welcome back!   Don't hesitate to ask questions -- so much has changed in the game in the last two years, she's really a different beast.  No ship type plays the exact same way as it did two years go (though battleships have preserved the closest approximation to their old meta).

thank you! As long as they didn't nerf my kuma into the ground I think we'll get along nicely lol

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
1 minute ago, Cruiser_Abukuma said:

thank you! As long as they didn't nerf my kuma into the ground I think we'll get along nicely lol

Umm, not into the ground, perse, but not all of the changes were good...

• First of all, the commander skill overhaul back from January of 2017 made a lot of key skills a lot more accessible.  Things like Concealment Expert which reduces your surface detection by 12% are easier to get a hold of -- you only need a 10 skill point commander to unlock her.  There are also fewer "useless" skills.
  • The flip side to this is that some of the skills no longer have the same synergy with Kuma as they once did.  Back when you were last playing, Advanced Fire Training increased Kuma's gun range by 20% and Basic Fire Training increased her rate of fire by 10%.  These skills are now limited to working with destroyer-caliber guns (139mm or smaller), secondaries of all gun sizes and boosting AA performance.  This is just a convoluted way of me saying:  Double check what skills and upgrades do -- they've changed a lot.
  • One nice feature for Kuma (and cruisers specifically) is around two years ago, the way citadel hit mechanics were registered was fixed.  Again, depending on when exactly you left, they reduced the ease at which citadel hits were being dealt by battleships.  You can still get your machine spaces blown out if you're not careful, but it's not as bad as it was back in the Fall of 2015.

So it's give and take. 

262 posts
672 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Umm, not into the ground, perse, but not all of the changes were good...

• First of all, the commander skill overhaul back from January of 2017 made a lot of key skills a lot more accessible.  Things like Concealment Expert which reduces your surface detection by 12% are easier to get a hold of -- you only need a 10 skill point commander to unlock her.  There are also fewer "useless" skills.
  • The flip side to this is that some of the skills no longer have the same synergy with Kuma as they once did.  Back when you were last playing, Advanced Fire Training increased Kuma's gun range by 20% and Basic Fire Training increased her rate of fire by 10%.  These skills are now limited to working with destroyer-caliber guns (139mm or smaller), secondaries of all gun sizes and boosting AA performance.  This is just a convoluted way of me saying:  Double check what skills and upgrades do -- they've changed a lot.
  • One nice feature for Kuma (and cruisers specifically) is around two years ago, the way citadel hit mechanics were registered was fixed.  Again, depending on when exactly you left, they reduced the ease at which citadel hits were being dealt by battleships.  You can still get your machine spaces blown out if you're not careful, but it's not as bad as it was back in the Fall of 2015.

So it's give and take. 

So it's partly disappointing but also partly good lol

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles
47 minutes ago, Cruiser_Abukuma said:

but is a touch unfair to players who are loyal and continue to stick through the game through low and high water.

I am Unicum in loyalty at least and have no problem with WG giving great ships to get people back and Welcome back to you.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[OPEC]
Members
944 posts
5,108 battles

Welcome back!  I also started out on WoT console.  Best of luck as you get back in the swing of things!

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,723 posts
15,363 battles

Welcome back!

I summon @RedSeaBear of the Sinksalot Fleet to do the same!

Edited by Lord_Zath

262 posts
672 battles
29 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

Welcome back!

I summon @RedSeaBear of the Sinksalot Fleet to do the same!

geez these new forums are all kinds of new and interesting features lol.. now you can tag people? geez

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,788 battles

I have been summoned from my Festive Festivities.

Welcome back sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

Hey and since you where gone you may have missed some of the silliness. 

Last year we saw WoWs Offline mode for those who's computers go down, a problem I suffered from this year. 

Or maybe this mythical ship that showed up. Still no word on when it will get out of testing. 

Merry Christmas and welcome back. 

:Smile_honoring:

262 posts
672 battles
1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

I have been summoned from my Festive Festivities.

Welcome back sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

Hey and since you where gone you may have missed some of the silliness. 

Last year we saw WoWs Offline mode for those who's computers go down, a problem I suffered from this year. 

Or maybe this mythical ship that showed up. Still no word on when it will get out of testing. 

Merry Christmas and welcome back. 

:Smile_honoring:

Thank you and merry christmas. Could always use more IJN shipus to add to my collection

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,788 battles
5 minutes ago, Cruiser_Abukuma said:

Thank you and merry christmas. Could always use more IJN shipus to add to my collection

If you don't mind adding an IJN House Boat to your port than it should be fine lol. 

Also you can tag players by typing the [@] followed by the player name. 

Oh and when you get in game don't forget to sound your festive Horn by pressing the [N] key. That right WG gave us ship horns and they are amazing. 

262 posts
672 battles
2 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

If you don't mind adding an IJN House Boat to your port than it should be fine lol. 

Also you can tag players by typing the [@] followed by the player name. 

Oh and when you get in game don't forget to sound your festive Horn by pressing the [N] key. That right WG gave us ship horns and they are amazing. 

all kinds of nice extra unnecessary goodies that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside lol.. sweet

262 posts
672 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

1fc09Vh.gif

personally i don't think i'm that crazy but if you want me to be i can :P..

also does anyone know why the forums like to sign me out if i'm inactive for more than like 5 minutes?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

N.  I stayed signed in constantly.  Sorry I can't help.

262 posts
672 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

N.  I stayed signed in constantly.  Sorry I can't help.

no worries, i'm sure i'll figure it out eventually

262 posts
672 battles
2 hours ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Welcome back! Glad to hear your feedback about the game and the new forum layout.

Thank you and No problem

• Cool 1