You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

AFTVent Day 6 Mission

69 comments in this topic

[FSA]
Beta Testers
165 posts
5,164 battles

Any suggestions best level to find ten planes to shoot down.

In my innocence, long ago, I AA spec'd my Atlanta.  Unfortunately, CV's do not play against AA spec'd Atlanta's or damn few other AA spec'd ships.   I know, that's an exaggeration, but it sure seems that way.

Anyway, best suggestion to fulfill the ten downed birds besides playing a CV which I'm worse at than the others.

BTW, the Cappy Xmas video is really cute to the end.

Merry Xmas All!

[EQRN]
Members
342 posts
8,931 battles

I wish they would not have put this one on today.  This could take several matches if unlucky and not playing a cv, the worst day to be playing for extended period of time for some.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

Used a Bouge. Got a Clear Sky. Mission done.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
39 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

Any suggestions best level to find ten planes to shoot down.

In my innocence, long ago, I AA spec'd my Atlanta.  Unfortunately, CV's do not play against AA spec'd Atlanta's or damn few other AA spec'd ships.   I know, that's an exaggeration, but it sure seems that way.

Anyway, best suggestion to fulfill the ten downed birds besides playing a CV which I'm worse at than the others.

BTW, the Cappy Xmas video is really cute to the end.

Merry Xmas All!

Just run a fighter CV. That's my plan, but it probably isn't going to be great for the team.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

I took out my Langley. I suck with CV's but easily got the ten.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,285 posts
4,243 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Just run a fighter CV. That's my plan, but it probably isn't going to be great for the team.

If you do it at low tier, the T3 and T4 ships with no AA to speak of who don't get torpedoed by aircraft, and which have fighters loose to spot enemy ships, will thank you. Air superiority builds have indirect benefits beyond their ability to hack down enemy attack aircraft.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles

If you don't have a CV take out any tier 6 or better DD.  Without any AA spec besides BFT, I got 13 planes in 3 missions with my Fubuki this morning.  There

is a ton of ship borne spotters and fighters in randoms even without CV's.  also, as a DD driver you're out in front and have first crack at those aircraft.

Good Luck!

[YARRR]
Members
401 posts
4,758 battles

I did it with USS Texas this morning.

Odd game.  Only six players per side, and two of each were carriers.

My AAA was like Omm nom nom nom.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

KM BB's. They brawl, so you are up close to nail float planes. They have actually very good AA, and represent good targets for CV's. Alternatively, RN CL's, smoke up close and wait for float planes, and alternatively, USN DD's and load DFAA.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you do it at low tier, the T3 and T4 ships with no AA to speak of who don't get torpedoed by aircraft, and which have fighters loose to spot enemy ships, will thank you. Air superiority builds have indirect benefits beyond their ability to hack down enemy attack aircraft.

I have an Idea what I am doing, I just am not that familiar with the CV controls (around 110 Battles). Would you believe that I own the Enterprise and the Kaga and have never used them yet because I am just not on to the CV phase of my game play. When I have all other lines up to tier 10 I will start on the CV's. I am currently at 189 ships in port and have around 20 to go until I start working on CV's.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
7 minutes ago, Sinton said:

If you don't have a CV take out any tier 6 or better DD.  Without any AA spec besides BFT, I got 13 planes in 3 missions with my Fubuki this morning.  There

is a ton of ship borne spotters and fighters in randoms even without CV's.  also, as a DD driver you're out in front and have first crack at those aircraft.

Good Luck!

I wouldn't suggest a DD but any cruiser or even BB with good AA will probably manage a 10 kill match in a few tries. I found this to be much easier than mission 5, kill a DD & win, in the New Years Raid campaign even though that could be done in co-op.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I wouldn't suggest a DD but any cruiser or even BB with good AA will probably manage a 10 kill match in a few tries. I found this to be much easier than mission 5, kill a DD & win, in the New Years Raid campaign even though that could be done in co-op.

Makes no difference...i did it in 3 easy missions.  I've noticed the past few weeks or months that I am culling alot of airplanes in my DD's and NONE are speced for AA, aside from the AFT/BFT when I use it for guns.  

That's the fact, Jack!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
1 minute ago, Sinton said:

Makes no difference...i did it in 3 easy missions.  I've noticed the past few weeks or months that I am culling alot of airplanes in my DD's and NONE are speced for AA, aside from the AFT/BFT when I use it for guns.  

That's the fact, Jack!

Since I did it one & done I didn't notice but was this one that could be done over multiple matches?

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,876 battles

See, I wasn't trying for or three...just leveling a Captain in a boat and saw the award...got me thinkin is all...it can be done!

Nice to hear you got it one Bushwolf!  Always envious of the Rockstars!

146255_max.jpg

Edited by Sinton

[FSA]
Beta Testers
165 posts
5,164 battles

When I read the mission, I presumed it was to kill ten in one battle.  It's ten over any number apparently.  Got three in my first run, so it won't be a terrible issue.  

Thanks for replies, have a  Happy Holidays!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
3 hours ago, JochenHeiden said:

Just do what I did.  Go buy a Langely and club the f*** out of some seals.  Problem solved!

0de462d099cc8176477dc9e39d2bd882.png

The only hitch is ending up against a tier 5 CV but even then I was able to squeak out the needed kills in one match. Yeah you have a tier 5 CV with you but if they are just as bad at CV'ing as you are you are in deep doo doo.

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles

Did it in my New Mexico. It's an AA build. First game I spawned in right as my son rang the door bell. So I had to AFK. Killed 6 without even being in the game.  Finished the rest when I could actually play. 

[PVE]
Members
5,609 posts
18,201 battles

This mission is a good example of why everyone should keep a tier 4 carrier with a 10 point captain assigned in port. Every "shoot x amount of planes" mission so far has allowed the use of the lowest tier to complete the mission except for the one in the "Honors" campaign. It is the only way to be sure that you will go up against a carrier in a match, unless you division up with one. Getting 10 plane kills in a carrier is easy, winning the match takes skill though. 

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,372 battles

Yeah.  I keep a low tier carrier around for these types of missions too.  Guaranteed your getting planes in a game when you come with a carrier.