You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

And here are two things I want to see in the client

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

First is the ship carousel. I love to see a small picture of the ship then a silhouette.

The second is a preview of the modules and consumables used by the ship when I click at it.

Nothing too important, just eye candy and a little quality of life improvment. Sometimes I search a special module for another ship so I don't have to use the extra clicks on modules.  And I see at the first moment if I have premium consumables on the ship or not. It may prevent me from testing a new ship and finding out that I forgot to mount modules and only basic consumables.

NJLDNMn.jpg?1

• Cool 2

[EQRN]
Members
343 posts
8,949 battles

I'd like the carousel to have a tab based option where tabs could be based on nationality/type/tier and you only see those ships fitting the tab, not just dimming their portrait of those that don't.

A chat system like Warcraft would be nice too, with /tell, /group, etc and channels like general, or battleship that one could join or leave at will.  No copyright issue here, Warcraft didn't invent anything new.  Current chat is kludgy as all get.

[WJDC]
Members
1,239 posts
7,577 battles

I would like the mechanic in selecting flags where you check all the ones you want at one time, and then say Mount... this would reduce the over-clickage.

[WGA]
Administrator
693 posts
251 battles

We definitely appreciate the suggestions!  Good UI improvements are always something the team is striving towards and while they come in small increments many times, it's something we are interested in. 

• Cool 1

[KEGEL]
Members
110 posts
5,462 battles

The port UI in general is terrible.

Personally I'd like to the following fixed;

1. Lag. Switching between different ships and various elements within port is beyond annoying.

2. All consumables should be under a single tab. Flicking between camos, signals & consumables is annoying enough but combined with lag... Really F'ing annoying.

3. Carousel. With 4 levels I find it difficult to locate my ship even with a few filters applied. As Frodo mentioned in his post regarding the dimming of the ship portraits, it not sufficient to hide ships you're not interested in. My suggestion the carousel needs a 'favourite' filter. You right click on a ship to add to Favorites then apply the Favourite filter. Every ship not tagged should be completely removed from carousel.  Be also nice to have a 'Reserve' option for those Port Queens that you don't want to see or sell.

4. UI scaling. While it would be nice to upscale the UI in port, it would be more useful in game. Particularly the Minimap & aiming reticle. Throw some contrast options on shell traces while you're at it for maps with poor lighting.

Armoured Warfare had a semi-decent UI around 12mths ago before they went full reta7d when porting the game for gaming consoles. It's now become a 'clicky / scrolly' mess.

I agree with all the posters above regarding their suggestions for improving the UI.

Edited by SlightlyComatose
  • Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Members
127 posts
4,015 battles

I'd like to see the consumable modifications that you have attached to ships in the inventory with which ships they are attached to without having to remember what ships you attached them to or go though each ship trying to find them.

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,721 battles

Definitely need

1. A button that demounts all flags at once, instead of having to click on each one. Been asking for two years, people like the idea. Why not get it done?

2. The icon in the Windows status bar glows when your ship is about to enter a match. It should also glow when someone has sent you a div request or started a chat with you.

The ports are really lovely. Kudos to devs for all the talent and hard work that goes into them. 

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,737 battles

I'd add in another little tab that would show you the captain skills just like the consumables/upgrades.  Would make youtube reviews in port a whole lot easier.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles

I've often wanted the Search widget to be visible on the carousel without having to dig an extra layer into the Filters menu. It looks like this is integrated into the mockup in the OP, although those might be drop-downs instead?

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,331 posts
10,488 battles
On 12/25/2017 at 10:55 AM, SlightlyComatose said:

1. Lag. Switching between different ships and various elements within port is beyond annoying.

It's because every time you click on something information is sent to the server.  One of the more weird but more impactful things on port lag is reducing the quantity of friends on your list.  I removed everyone just to try it out and the change was significant, to say the least.

Not really sure if that still applies but with a limited number of people on the friends list it isn't as bad.