Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Crates buffed?

30 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,129 battles

I've been burned far too badly by these crates.  37 crates (5 Mega, 30 Big, plus the 2 freebies) I got one bote, 5k dubs, 5k FXP, the rest were flags or camo.  Already had tons of flags and camo given I'm mostly lower tiers on my grind so the return on running flags/camo (especially when you're a potato like me and don't get that much XP to add to) is minimal and not worth it.  Seems the thing WG has really Grinched on is premium time. 

Others here have had FAR better luck than I.  I've seen some who bought five crates and got three botes (and good ones too, not just a Gallant like I got).  YMMV. But my luck with these has been horrid. 

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,128 posts
5,976 battles

I spent too much money on the crates this year.. I got some awesome stuff but I wish I got Kutuzov / Belfast or Kamikaze out of a box :(

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles

I've probably spent too much on crates.  That said, given the good sale on tech tree premiums, IMO, it's a lot better to justd buy the gold and buy the darned premium ships, particularly if they're tier 7 or below, since tier 5 or less ships are 50% and tier 6-7 are 30% off.  Better the reliable sale, than playing the crate lotto.  Now, if you don't mind getting a lot of camos and flags, with some occasional gold or a ship that may not be one you really want, knock yourself out with the crates.  For what it's worth, I personally prefer the $5 crates because I like the special flags more than the combat flags, which are generally pretty easy to come by.  

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
304 posts
5,188 battles

While I would certainly enjoy having the boats the cammies and flags aren't awful.  I bought 6 mega crates and I got 60 oroboros flags, 180 days of premium and 90 frosty for.  The oroboros flags are absolutely incredible for grinding free xp.  I've used about 15 of them coupled with Papa papa on a daily win and I've been averaging 4-7k free xp per match.  If you think about the remaining 45 or so that adds up to as little as 160k free xp or about a little less than halfway to a Nelson. I'll gladly take 60 more :)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles
2 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

I spent too much money on the crates this year.. I got some awesome stuff but I wish I got Kutuzov / Belfast or Kamikaze out of a box :(

I got Kutuzov as 1 of the 14  ships I have got.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,889 battles
3 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

It looks like WG may have lowered that previously insane Camo drop rate.

I tried 20 of the $3 and 5 of the $5 and got Yo Lang, Arizona, 9000 Doubloons and 200 + Wyvern and the like special pennants.  I was happy because I figured I got 2 nice boats, slots and 10 pt Cpt.  (The Lo Yang is a blast and easy to play

Then I read this topic.  I'm up this snowy cold Christmas morning.  I got breakfast in the oven, I built a fire...just waiting for the 'lil darlins' to wake up....

I've done my advent and challenge missions for the day...

Hmmm, maybe I'll see if the crates are a bit tastier.... maybe the Teddybear is onto something...

So, I throw 20 bucks and change at 5 of the $5 crates and I get...

Perth

Ohotnik

Indianapolis

30 Hydra and 30 Ouruboros pennants.

Thanks WG!  Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas to you Cpt. Tbear, thanks for the heads up

download (6).jpg

Edited by Sinton

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

I spent too much money on the crates this year..

Same here, plus I had to replace a vehicle. My old 97 S10 final gave up the ghost.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,982 battles
15 minutes ago, Sinton said:

I tried 20 of the $3 and 5 of the $5 and got Yo Lang, Arizona, 9000 Doubloons and 200 + Wyvern and the like special pennants.  I was happy because I figured I got 2 nice boats, slots and 10 pt Cpt.  (The Lo Yang is a blast and easy to play

Then I read this topic.  I'm up this snowy cold Christmas morning.  I got breakfast in the oven, I built a fire...just waiting for the 'lil darlins' to wake up....

I've done my advent and challenge missions for the day...

Hmmm, maybe I'll see if the crates are a bit tastier.... maybe the Teddybear is onto something...

So, I throw 20 bucks and change at 5 of the $5 crates and I get...

Perth

Ohotnik

Indianapolis

30 Hydra and 30 Ouruboros pennants.

Thanks WG!  Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas to you Cpt. Tbear, thanks for the heads up

download (6).jpg

Based on your experience, I decided to buy 5 $5 crates and see what I got, so here it is:

180 Days Premium (Guess I'll add that to the 382 days I already have (won 360 days already this year) for a total of 563 days of prem time)

30 Hydra

30 Frosty Fir

Lo Yang (Got 6800 doubloons for this dupe)

30 Red Dragon

SO...

Lo Yang is worth $39.80 (The value of the 6800 doubloons I received for this duplicate is $39.14)

180 Days prem time is worth $72.44

Frosty Fir is worth about $14.00

So, not counting the signals, I got $126.24 worth of goods for $26.45 CAD.

Not shabby....

Edited by Thraxian
  • Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles
4 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Others here have had FAR better luck than I.  I've seen some who bought five crates and got three botes (and good ones too, not just a Gallant like I got).  YMMV. But my luck with these has been horrid. 

Like me I guess,,, 3 botes I either didn't want (Leningrad,) or would have bought in the first place if I'd been motivated to do so...

btw, Gallant is a GREAT destroyer, love the heck out of it.

• Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,215 battles

fir camo seems to have a 95% drop rate, and thats not good, who the hell wants fir camo, would sooner have a dancing santa on my deck, or reindeer flying overhead when i get a kraken, thats the stuff they should put in these boxes

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

I got the only 2 that I needed for NA bought some $3 five packs for friends then bought some on EU, where I have spent no money ever. I  got 4 more ships on EU and Doubloons. Which I used to buy some ships from the tech tree and I got a crap ton of Green camo.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
12 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

3 botes I either didn't want (Leningrad,)

You may find that the Leningrad is a great ship too. Very hard to hit. From a distance that is, and it's got 8k torps.

Members
96 posts
13,231 battles

Merry Christmas!

I was a little soured by my last go at the 20 pack of Big gifts but being this was Christmas morning, I decided to try just one more time to see what might happen <hoping for a Christmas miracle>.  Well, I am here to report:

1 pack of 15 Wyverns

1 pack of 15 Ouroboros

1 pack of 15 Dragons

3 packs of 15 Red Dragons

7 packs of 15 Frosty Fir camos

4 packs of 1000 Doubloons

Oh wait... that is only 17 gifts.  What about the other 3?  How about Huanghe, Perth & Kidd?  I am actually very happy with this! :) Toss in the fact that I have enough doubloons to get the Alabama and I am all smiles at this time.

Hoping that others have similar luck.   

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,129 battles
32 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I'd GLADLY trade it for a Kamikaze R or even a Nicolai.  People who have bought far less crates than I have won both of those.  I've been burned too badly by these crates to risk buying any more.  I can't take any more frosty fugly fir tree camo.  

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,889 battles
38 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Like me I guess,,, 3 botes I either didn't want (Leningrad,) or would have bought in the first place if I'd been motivated to do so...

To me, Gallant sucks.  I got it for free and it still sucks.  My F'bukie is much better. I've shot down more planes w/ mt 'lil Bookie then I have sunk ships in my Gallant

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,143 battles

I just bought 20 x $3 crates and got Okhotnik, Perth and De Grasse... along with a crap ton of flags and camo and 2k dubloons.  I'm satisfied.  

thanks WG and Merry Christmas!

b

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,128 posts
5,976 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I got Kutuzov as 1 of the 14  ships I have got.

You got very lucky then :p Well done

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles
47 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I'd GLADLY trade it for a Kamikaze R or even a Nicolai.  People who have bought far less crates than I have won both of those.  I've been burned too badly by these crates to risk buying any more.  I can't take any more frosty fugly fir tree camo.  

Yeah, I have heards some bad tales of crate puls...

37 minutes ago, Sinton said:

To me, Gallant sucks.  I got it for free and it still sucks.  My F'bukie is much better. I've shot down more planes w/ mt 'lil Bookie then I have sunk ships in my Gallant

In a way this is typical. Gallant seems disliked by many, but she's seemed to be a great fit with me.

Sucky bote everyone seems to dislike, (for example, Mutsiki,) seems to equal a bote EP does well with.

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,889 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, I have heards some bad tales of crate puls...

In a way this is typical. Gallant seems disliked by many, but she's seemed to be a great fit with me.

Sucky bote everyone seems to dislike, (for example, Mutsiki,) seems to equal a bote EP does well with.

Well if I see you in your Gallant, I'll watch so I can learn...I truly can learn...and it's nice to find out when I've been wrong...makes my world bigger.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Crates for me this year were nowhere near as good as they were last year. I was stupidly lucky last year and got some 10 premiums, including a few super rares like Nikolai and Gremy. This year I got 3 out of the same number, although the last one gave me Duca D'Aosta with a 10 point captain, so I'll be able to get CE on Cesare as well as Roma when it's released :)

[OGF]
Members
138 posts
10,554 battles

First 5 mega crates got so much frosty fir camo it set of allergies!  And some flags...meh.

Clan mates chatted about great luck later in the day so I went around for another try at 5....got an Alabama,  Galant, and Atlanta...plus frosty fir camo.  I'm happy, but my Kleenex supply is running low!

Sign in to follow this