Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

How to swap Wargaming for new Email?

8 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Been a long time since I had to even consider switching Wargaming account to new email but there must of been a security leak at Wargaming or Yahoo resulting in the email address falling into the hands of somebody in New Mexico trying to do likely less than legal things.

Good news is based on the fact certain emails he tries to have linked to email are recurring once in a while the guy obviously does not have the passwords so I am going to have to make a new new email and get the WOWs Account transfered. Problem is I have forgotten the exact process to do that since I remember there being an easy way to have the transfer when you have not lost 90% of your control of things like last time I had problems.

I got another Wargaming account hacked out before and remember it was loooong forms with Wargaming for me to fill out before that was settled and I don't want repeat of that lol. But fortunately I went overboard on security after that so I am relatively safe, but just annoying at the moment.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

Just confirming, you're looking for a way to change your WG account's email address, right?

1. On the forums, click on your username towards the top right corner of the screen:
    781i3bf.png

2. Click on 'Account Management' near the bottom of the menu:
    ETE6nml.png

3. In the 'Email address' section, click on the little pencil icon and follow the instructions:
    7jKKhgE.png

[WOLF2]
Members
890 posts
7,214 battles

Same problem here, but it's not related to hacking.     My issue is that I moved and picked up a new ISP.     My former ISP account was closed.    However, that's the email address that's used to log into WG.

I go to the Account Management screen, and click the Email Address button.

PROMPT:  "Cannot change your email address without a valid telephone number"

So, I plug in my telephone number.

PROMPT: "We have sent an activation code for the telephone change to the email address you have on file"

Guess I'll send a message to support, as the self-serve function isn't gonna work.   They assume I still have access to my old email.     Can't change it without a phone number, and can't get the phone activation code since they send it to the defunct email account.       Wish there was an option for a secondary email account.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles

Changing your email address on your account takes an act of god. I had to do it this summer after moving and losing my email address of over 20 years that I used for WOWS.  I had to change my password too for them to do it as my original one wasn't complicated enough for them. Also, WG Support actually has to change it.

You have to send a ticket in to do it and you will have to provide proof (screenshots) of past purchases/charges from WG, as well as let them know what internet provider you were on, and the city you were in, when you signed up. If you can't give them everything they want they will NOT change the address. I was able to send a screenshot of my PayPal account activity from the period they wanted which was enough. It is not a quick and easy change. And that supposed option to change the email address under account management does not work. It will direct you to support even though it looks like it will let you. NOPE!

I will say this, once I gathered the needed info and submitted the ticket they changed the email for me that same day in a few hours. So if you follow the steps and give them what they need it should be quick.

Good luck.

Info here...

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/321

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
2 hours ago, Panbun said:

Just confirming, you're looking for a way to change your WG account's email address, right?

1. On the forums, click on your username towards the top right corner of the screen:
    781i3bf.png

2. Click on 'Account Management' near the bottom of the menu:
    ETE6nml.png

3. In the 'Email address' section, click on the little pencil icon and follow the instructions:
    7jKKhgE.png

Yes I just need to switch the email my Wargaming account is linked to over to another account.

Then I can terminate the old email which thankfully is an email account I created when I started playing WOWs earlier this year and is an expendable email account since all it handles is WOWs.

My WOT Blitz Email is yet another account and has remained clean so my keeping separate gaming email accounts for each game is working well..

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Odd thing is I never told anyone about my current email address, never used it for anything except WOWs, and it was not created before or during the big Yahoo hacking incident so I really am wondering if Wargaming actually might have had  a small security breach some where???

Not enough of a breach to endanger passwords, but enough of one to let some email addresses slip out?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
58 posts
10,220 battles

I changed my email recently and this is how it went. Go to account management as others have shown. Then I had to create a new password since my old one was not complicated enough. Then I had to register a phone number to my account. They will text you at this number. Then you can change your email. I messed up with the phone number the first try so make sure you use one that can receive texts. For some reason I also had to wait 30 days for something to reset but I don't know if that is normal or because I screwed something up the first time I tried to do it. I did not have to contact support. I also still had access to my old email so this might make it a little different. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this