Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LordBenjamin

My kid learns the essentials of Warships quickly...

12 comments in this topic

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,861 battles

My 14 year old son (I think EULA is 13?  If it's 15 then he's 15!) wanted to play some video games with me over the holidays so he downloaded it onto his PC and we did the invite a friend thing but he played his first 13 games last week when I was at work.   He said he wanted to play battleships and I told him with only getting to fire every 30 seconds he'd have to learn to aim properly.    He assured me he was a good aim and knew how to play already and didn't need my advice.  I said I was going to look up his stats and see if he won his games.   He says before I even look "I'm good but my teams are bad!"    :cap_hmm:

Edited by LordBenjamin
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,008 battles

Hopefully he'll stick with it! More players are always good. 

And he's learned the most important lesson: teams will let you down. 

Edited by Viper101

Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles
20 minutes ago, LordBenjamin said:

My 14 year old son (I think EULA is 13?  If it's 15 then he's 15!) wanted to play some video games with me over the holidays so he downloaded it onto his PC and we did the invite a friend thing but he played his first 13 games last week when I was at work.   He said he wanted to play battleships and I told him with only getting to fire every 30 seconds he'd have to learn to aim properly.    He assured me he was a good aim and knew how to play already and didn't need my advice.  I said I was going to look up his stats and see if he won his games.   He says before I even look "I'm good but my teams are bad!"    :cap_hmm:

Excellent!  Good.... but teams are bad!  He's got it down pat already. He's a natural. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

[PSP]
Members
6,249 posts
8,886 battles
30 minutes ago, LordBenjamin said:

"I'm good but my teams are bad!"    :cap_hmm:

Sounds like he is going to fit right in with the playerbase here. I should have hit rank 10 at least by now if it weren't for my teams. I swear, the losses have had nothing to do with me. :Smile_Default:

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,861 battles
4 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

And it's always in MM's fault:cap_viking:

Right?  Win rate was 38% or something but only 13 battles so it's hard to tell anything substantial.  His average damage WAS above average so it does sort of check out... heh

Edited by LordBenjamin

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
36 minutes ago, LordBenjamin said:

Lets hope he makes the jump to "i'll just have to win the games in spite of my poor teams" even quicker.

• Cool 1

Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles
13 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Sounds like he is going to fit right in with the playerbase here. I should have hit rank 10 at least by now if it weren't for my teams. I swear, the losses have had nothing to do with me. :Smile_Default:

Yup I agree. It's the teams I get....always has been!  WG has always been against me.  Both here and in WoT. Bad teams are my default card for my suckery. 

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

It's over 13 with a parents permission which it sounds like they have.  He's likely better than I am so when he has time you know...some tips plz?

• Funny 2

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,074 battles

It is great to see a father and son enjoying a game together, I hope in many years my young one will want to play with me. I remember the few times I got my dad to play with me and remember it quite fondly.

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,861 battles

He decided he wants to play CV's.... I mourn for his innocence as the flaming will probably commence any time now in game.

If you see his Langley, go easy on him....

dark.png

Edited by LordBenjamin

Sign in to follow this