Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArchMadman

Got the Scharnhorst

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,294 battles

Got it in one of the 3 dollar Santa Gifts

of course played a few co-op rounds to get some feel for it and i played my first random in it and got this result

c576QZ9.png

9uMadji.png

i know it was one round but i think I'm going to enjoy this ship

[AR15]
Members
454 posts
2,998 battles

Gratz she is a fine ship. Fast, awesome guns, great secondaries, decent AA, not bad agility, great armor.  Bout everything you can ask for.  People will rip on the guns small caliber sometimes but ive shreded T9 bb with her a bunch of times.  Are you a bow pen machine? nope, you flank you cit you secondary and you torp.  You have the armor to close that gap after all.

[TWE]
Members
101 posts
1,236 battles

Congrats :) I purchased the Scharnhorst around Thanksgiving time and its now my #1 go to ship.. I really don't play anything else except for the Scharnhorst :)

I opted for a secondary build and very pleased. 

Love brawling in her :) 

Edited by Tigershark87

[4HIM]
Members
1,818 posts
4,176 battles

Love the Shiny Horse.  It and the Gucci Caesar are my two favorites to play.  Heck, if you gave the Gucci Caesar torps it would almost be a Shiny Horse.  Whenever I'm having a bad day in WoWS, I take out one of those and it brings the fun back into the game.  

Games where I have to sink one are another matter.  Seems like whenever I play my Texas, I'm pitted against a Shiny Horse.  So when the game starts I just say "this is gonna leave a mark". 

[O_O]
Members
4,433 posts
9,620 battles

Scharnhorst plays like a cruiser...on steroids.  If you pretend she is a battleship you may be underwhelmed by her guns and/or armor.  If you play her like a sluggish cruiser, you will LOL for days.  Fantastic guns and fantastic armor, plus heal at T7.  Heck, I hunt DD's with her.  She is just fun to play.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,072 posts
9,551 battles

Best $30 you could spend on this game IMO. It is my favorite and most played ship. Take it into the new operations battle and laugh.

Members
419 posts

Congrats! I've been focusing on the Honorable Service and Yamamoto Isoroku Campaigns so much that I haven't had the chance to sail this fine ship out. It's really a ton of fun to play, so enjoy your new toy!

[H_]
Members
232 posts
7,301 battles
11 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Scharnhorst plays like a cruiser...on steroids.  If you pretend she is a battleship you may be underwhelmed by her guns and/or armor.  If you play her like a sluggish cruiser, you will LOL for days.  Fantastic guns and fantastic armor, plus heal at T7.  Heck, I hunt DD's with her.  She is just fun to play.

Got her in a gift box and yeah this is one fun ship to play.  I play her like this also, cruiser on steroids and it's a lot of fun.  Only problem I have with the Scharnhorst is a tendency to get 'over confident"  oops oh look broadside to 3 BB's.. umm bad choice..

Got the Tirpitz also from a friends gift boxes to me.  For a non BB player mostly that boats a hoot also.

Sign in to follow this