You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClarkWilhelmGriswold

Which one, premium or ship?

15 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
193 battles

Hi Everyone,

Happy holiday.

Curious what you would choose if you were gifted a choice between 365 days of premium or one of the ship packages of equal type price.  Single or multiple ships.
What's your decision?

[PVE]
Members
9,606 posts
7,466 battles
7 minutes ago, ClarkWilhelmGriswold said:

Hi Everyone,

Happy holiday.

Curious what you would choose if you were gifted a choice between 365 days of premium or one of the ship packages of equal type price.  Single or multiple ships.
What's your decision?

Both? :)

Members
21 posts
193 battles

Not enough money to do both.  The premium says $82 (claims half off the normal price) and not sure of the total price of a ship, although there are several to choose from.

Forgot to mention the year of prem time includes the 300 flags (100 of each Hydra, red dragon, wyvern.)

[90THC]
Beta Testers
49 posts
4,768 battles

depends on you.Do you plan on playing it often for a whole year or just every once in a while.Premium ships will always be there.

[PVE]
Members
9,606 posts
7,466 battles
14 minutes ago, ClarkWilhelmGriswold said:

Not enough money to do both.  The premium says $82 (claims half off the normal price) and not sure of the total price of a ship, although there are several to choose from.

Forgot to mention the year of prem time includes the 300 flags (100 of each Hydra, red dragon, wyvern.)

I got that pkg as well as some boxes. The flags are great. If you need the premium time for silver or XP, then go with that bundle IMO. If you are going to play the ship you want all the time and don't need the premium time for silver and XP, then go for the ships.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,611 posts
9,002 battles
24 minutes ago, ClarkWilhelmGriswold said:

The half off is based on what the package would sell for at full price but it is still a nice deal.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,741 battles

Last year it was $54 without flags.

I bought enough premium ships with premium time during the year, that when added to the year I bought...

Sitting at 192 days left.

The ability to not worry about not using a premium day has been a blessing.

So I recommend the year premium.

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

Depends on your situation. For me personally, I think premium time is the better value. A premium ship will get you extra credits as well as extra XP on a ship that doesn’t need XP, where as premium time earns you extra credits and extra XP on every ship you play. Considering I’m grinding up 4+ lines, it’s a no brainer what’s better for me. 

Edited by EmperorMaxwell

[ARP2]
Members
1,243 posts
3,569 battles

I'd take the ship(s) over the premium time.  With the caveat that they were ships i would enjoy playing, otherwise, premium time would win.

[O_O]
Members
4,407 posts
9,539 battles

Premium ships can increase your fun factor. 

Premium time will increase your XP and silver income significantly, which will accelerate your climb through the tech trees.

Tough call, really.  Personally, I would go with the premium ships, just because I am a bit miffed that WG thought the year of premium time was such a sure sale that they bundled it and jacked up the price.  I was 100% in for the premium time sale...and then WG fVck3d it up.

[PVE]
Members
1,603 posts
6,756 battles

Premium time, every time, it makes life a whole lot easier in this game, make more credits, xp.  Most ships are always there and always on sale, besides with Premium account you might be able to earn enough to purchase what you want through the tech tree.  Good luck out there!

[OPEC]
Members
945 posts
5,108 battles

I always run premium time since it gives you a constant bonus to your pace of progress in the game.  I would buy it above any single ship.