You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RealNewDeal

Best Boxes for Ships

8 comments in this topic

Members
638 posts
747 battles

I purely want ships, so are drop rates for premiums the same in the 1 dollar boxes and the 3 dollar boxes? I don't need value, just maximum chances of getting ships.

[AR15]
Members
454 posts
2,989 battles

bigger boxes the better, i was gifted a 25 small, 0 ships, 20 medium got 2 ships.  From what others have said the 3 and 5 seem to be the best.  Keep in mind you are playing with statistics, 1:10 odds doesnt mean if you buy 100 you will even get 1 ship.  RNG can be a mean old c*nt.  Check premium shop and tech tree first if you are looking for a specific ship, other then that roll the dice how ever much you like.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,882 posts
7,492 battles
27 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

I purely want ships, so are drop rates for premiums the same in the 1 dollar boxes and the 3 dollar boxes? I don't need value, just maximum chances of getting ships.

19 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

bigger boxes the better, i was gifted a 25 small, 0 ships, 20 medium got 2 ships.  From what others have said the 3 and 5 seem to be the best.  Keep in mind you are playing with statistics, 1:10 odds doesnt mean if you buy 100 you will even get 1 ship.  RNG can be a mean old c*nt.  Check premium shop and tech tree first if you are looking for a specific ship, other then that roll the dice how ever much you like.

I wrote the post below not realizing that someone else had necro'd a 2 year old thread. I provided the original post so you would know what I was answering. It pretty much covers what I have found in getting boxes.

On 12/26/2015 at 5:19 PM, Rusty_S85 said:

I hate to hijack but I didn't think it was smart to create another topic on Secrete Santa.  I had a couple questions I wanted to ask.

1) I have seen some people on the website state they purchased 10 gifts and got 13 gifts in return meaning they got more than they spent.  Is this even possible?  I thought you were supposed to get one gift for every gift you give.

2) I seen one person state that they received a Tirpitz battleship in one of the gifts, was that a possibility?

3) There was something about a special flag you get for taking part in the secret santa.  we were supposed to get it at closing, is this flag going to be a perm flag or will it be like the signal flags?

On 12/23/2017 at 8:33 AM, Kizarvexis said:

Ok, I when I responded to Rusty_S85, I didn't realize that this thread had been brought back from the dead. Rusty was asking about Santa boxes in 2015. My post concerns Santa Boxes 2017. So if when this post comes back from the dead again, at least you will know what this year's boxes were like. Not to mention if someone from 2017 checks this out, this is how it is working currently. :)

On item #1, I'm not sure. They might mean that if you buy more in a bundle, you can afford more boxes for the same money. So if you buy 20 of the $1 crates, one at a time, you spend $19.80 for all twenty ($0.99 ea). If you buy 20 $1 crates in a bundle  you will pay $16.99, so you have $3 left over to spend out of $20.

On item #2, yes it is possible, but likely to not very likely depending on some factors.

First, the $1 boxes seem to have a lower chance on giving a ship than a $3 or $5 box. You can still get a ship as I sent one of my clan mates 5 $1 boxes and he got a Mutsu out of one of them. Most of the others and all of my 40ish $1 boxes had FXP, camo, doubloons and flags which, for me, are all things I need. (some who have bunches of those items, don't care for them).

Second, it depends on the type of box you buy, what type of ship you are likely to get at first. So if you buy a $1 box, De Grasse and Mutsu are the expected drops. $3 boxes are Ohotnik, Leningrad & Scharnhorst. $5 boxes are Gallant, Lo Yang & Alabama.

Third duplicates are handled in this way, which was different from last year. If you have the ship that is rolled for, RNGesus will reroll again if you have all of the ships in the type of box above. In my example, I had Leningrad and Scharnhorst already when I bought some $3 boxes. So the first ship gave me Ohotnik. After that the next two ships out of those 20 $3 boxes, were rerolled and I got Huanghe and Hood. I didn't have Gallant, so it rerolls from the full list which includes the ships below once you have all the ship in that type of Santa box.

So someone got a ship from a box where they had the expected drops and the reroll was a Tirpitz. If you don't have many premiums on the list, then your reroll chances to get just the Tirpitz are small. If you own most of the premiums on the list then the reroll for a ship you don't have is more likely to give you Tirpitz.  Some of the ships are on sale, so if you want a particular ship, you might want to get it on sale for doubloons in the tech tree. Okhotnik is 1,350 doubloons on sale ($7.26 at normal price without a doubloon sale), so if you don't need the other stuff in the boxes (or just really want it), it would make more sense to buy it with doubloons. If you need the flags, camo and the like and you don't mind the chance you won't get the ship, then buy boxes. I really, really wanted De Grasse and Giulio Cesare, so I bought those on doubloon discount and then bought some $3 boxes. I should have also got the Okhotnik as then all three of my ships out of 20 would have been rerolls from the list below and I have a LOT of them. Oh well. I'm still happy. 

Reroll boxes

Kamikaze, Tirpitz, Kutuzov, Atago, Belfast, Lo Yang, Prinz Eugen, Alabama, Leningrad, Duca d'Aosta, Kii, Hood, Mutsu, Kidd, Warspite, Gallant, Atlanta, Anshan, Admiral Graf Spee, Blyskawicam Molotov, Huanghe, Indianapolis, Arizona, Giulio Cesare, Sims, Dunkerque, Octobver Revolution, Scharnhorst, Perth, Ohotnik, De Grasse

Here are the likely drops in the boxes. We don't know the percentages, but premium time and ships are rarer than FXP, flags and camo. Doubloons seems to be in the middle.  Translated from the RU server (the list above was found in the same place) . Definitely make sure you want the items in the list as well as a chance at something shiny, because you will get them.

$1 Crate possibles
30 days premium
10,000 Free XP
300 Doubloons
De Grasse
Mutsu
5x Frosty Spruce Camo detection & dispersion bonus, +125% Cmdr XP, +100% XP & +50% Free XP
50x Equal Speed Charlie London +50% XP
30x Zulu +20% credits
50x Zulu Hotel +50% Cmdr XP
50x Papa +300% FXP

$3 Crate 
90 days premium
1,000 doubloons
Ohotnik
Leningrad
Scharnhorst
15x Frosty Spruce Camo
15x Wyvern +20% credits 
15x Dragon 333% Cmdr XP
15x Red Dragon 100% Cmdr 100% XP
15x Ouroboros 777% FXP
15x Hydra 50% XP, 150% Cmdr, 250% FXP

$5 Crate
180 Days Premium
2,000 Doubloons
Gallant
Lo Yang
Alabama
15x Type 59 Camo
30x Frosty Spruce Camo
30x Wyvern
30x Dragon
30x Red Dragon
30x Uroboros
30x Hydra

On item #3, I think the flag you are talking about is the flag below. It is a permanent flag that you can put on some or all of your ships and it doesn't have any bonuses.

cVv7Ixs.jpg

Well that depends. See the response above to @Rusty_S85. If you don't have a lot of premiums and want a particular one that is available, then yeah buying it makes more sense. If you need the other stuff in the boxes, find it a good value and won't be mad if you don't get a particular ship, then getting the boxes is a good deal.

[TWE]
Members
101 posts
1,236 battles
1 hour ago, RealNewDeal said:

As others have mentioned bigger boxes get more results, but of course RNG will vary. 

I was gifted 10 $3 boxes, and I bought 20 $5 boxes: 

From the 10  ($3 boxes) I received = 2 ships

From the 20 ($5 boxes) I received = 3 ships

Although out of the 5 ships I'll probably never play any of them, I was really happy to get the 6k doubloons and tons of flags+camo

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles

Depending on the ships you want, it might be a better deal to just buy the doubloons and buy them from the tech tree, if the premium ships you'd like happen to be in the tech tree.  This way, you have certainty of getting what you want, rather than trusting in RNGesus.

[CAST]
Members
1,212 posts
7,407 battles

The big and mega boxes seem to drop ships at about the same rate.  The mega boxes just start with higher tiers and have larger numbers of camos and flags.  The small crates hardly drop any ships, so it was hard to get data on the drop rate and actual dollar value spend to get a ship drop.  I have gatthered some of the numbers from the forums here and the drop rate for the big and mega boxes seems to be around 15%, so you should average about 1 ship in every 7 crates purchased.  That equates to about $20 per ship and getting anything else as a bonus.

Edited by Murcc

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
25 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

From my experience, just avoid the $1 boxes.

Actually, I bought a 20 pack of the .99 boxes specifically for the base grinding flags. The 50% XP, 50% Commander XP, and 50% Free XP modifiers come 50 to a box. It is a great way to stock up for the upcoming French BB grind. I bought them expecting that I would not get a ship... I did. Box 19 had a De Grasse with a 10pt Capt.