Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JToney3449

What to do when you have 10 days till payday and $10 to your name?

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

223
[AR15]
Members
435 posts
2,923 battles

1) Be glad all the xmas shopping and donating to charities is over with days ago.

2) Check emergency rations of peanut butter, jelly, and bread.

3) Be thankful that I have 1 & 2 and a warm roof over my head as a lot of people this xmas are not so fortunate.

I hope this helps to remind everyone of a few of the things we take for granted.  Remember to try and help those less fortunate where and when you can, donating doesn't have to be money, it can be your time or your love.

So if you can, donate some of what you have to people who need it *Remember to use known good charities*.  

While I try to donate small amounts here and there through out the year, especially to St. Judes hospital. This time of year just reminds me how important it is. My health is bad and I live on $600 a month so I know what its like to be sick a lot.  Not something children should have to worry about, nor their parents, thats why its my fav charity.  Im no saint but sick kids, well if you dont feel for that got a heart made of ice. So if you can please donate to St Jude or another fine charity. And if you cant,  a sincere warm smile is often the best thing you can give someone, and you can do it each day.

Merry X-Mas to my fellow captains!

(Feel free to share your holiday stories)

Edited by JToney3449
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,312
[-TAB-]
Members
1,602 posts
5,159 battles

as many santa crates as you can afford. unless you need to get some food or beer or suthin. being drunk with friends and family is important too!!

return gifts, return gifts you have not given yet, and sperm donation, it's more fun than giving blood (if you qualify).

Edited by not_acceptable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

Donate plasma

Hawk something

Gather loose change from the couch and car

Bum from your friends and family

Credit Card

Edited by knice_destroyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
968
Members
4,535 posts
6,426 battles

$10 ?  Buy a large bag of rice and large bag of beans. Buy some salt and pepper.  Buy a couple of of ham hocks to flavor beans.  $10 bucks will buy all that.  That will keep you full and fed for over 10 days. Gets boring but it works.  Been there in my early 20's...years ago. Actually millions of people on this planet live this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles

be an Uber driver.... there is good money in it. especially this time of year....

I have been averaging $14 an hour and drive a few hours a night after work...
(of course you need a four door car 1003 or newer but it does help out quite a lot with extra $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,720
[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

You give the $10 dollars to someone that needs it more than you do and then all of a sudden you will find money.

If you are in Hawaii you throw a line in the water and catch fish. There are no fishing licenses in Hawaii, any one can fish and any one can sell fish. Also there are chickens running around every where, if you travel up a stream at night looking on the ground for chicken poop and the you look up and see them roosting right above the poo. You then take your sling shot and shoot several. Use a big rock if you want them to live. You want them to live, because other wise you have to clean them that night. The Roosters you sell to the Rooster fighters for $100 a piece the chickens you can eat or have them lay eggs (you have to keep at least 1 Rooster or they won't lay, unless you feed them laying moss). You can also catch prawns in the streams at night (you net them or set traps) They sell for about $20 a lb if you get them from Ukumehame stream The cleanest running stream in the world according to the National Geographic. You can see the difference in the Prawns from other streams. You can also collect flowers and sell hand made lei's to the tourists. On the weekends you can go to any park and there will be keki's first birthday parties and it's like a luau, always plenty food and you are usually welcome to feast, or I guess you can get a real job, but it's not as fun and or fruitful. I know dumpster divers that won't get a job because they don't want to take such a drastic cut in pay. You have no Idea how much good food grocery stores throw away. One year Kenny 20 (his nick name because every time he got $20 he would buy a 20 bag of meth) got 84 brand new guitar hero's from the Walgreen's dumpster after Christmas and made out selling those for a 1/4 of the retail value. In 5 years of buying Meat from him (rib eyes, t bones, Pork loins, ETC. I never once got sick). That's a snippet of what I did in Hawaii when a client defaulted on the $20,000 they owed me and I lost my shop and a had to sell all of my tools off and went to live in the woods for a couple years. It was the best time of my life and I am going to go back to it, when Granny eventually passes. Until then I do elder care in Minnesota for room and board.

I could probably scrape up $100 for you if you are really in need.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,543
[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,854 battles
24 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I've definitely been there man.

When I was in grad school I was getting $300 a month from the GI Bill and about the same from my research assistantship. Unfortunately, my truck payment also was $300 a month and I was putting 30,000 miles on my truck every year doing field research so the rest of the money was going for gas. I worked additional jobs too wherever I could pick them up.

I couldn't afford a place to stay so I lived at the animal research building, which was in a remote part of campus, The "animal house" reeked of live animals and dead flesh, as it also was where we had our dermestid beetles to clean skulls. However, it also had a toilet and was heated and air conditioned. Since I was oftentimes there day and night doing legitimate research and departmental work I guess that campus security just figured that I had something official going on all night, every night, though sometimes I'd sleep in my office so as to shake thngs up.

I couldn't afford a parking permit either so I parked at the biology building's loading dock. As I was oftentimes on campus late at night cataloging specimens or loading my truck prior to going out to do field research, I guess that they figured that I should be left alone permit or no.

I got away with all this for four years. In fact, when I went to another university as a visiting scholar, doing some genetics research in their labs, I found that they were renovating the biology building and that the basement was vacant. I just lived down there took showers in the old chemical emergency showers.

For food, well, I ate when and where I could. I hunted and fished while out doing research and even ate some of the animals I caught. Most of my diet, however, consisted of store-brand Mac & Cheese and cheap tuna fish, which only cost a half dollar for an entire meal. 

I probably learned more useful stuff by being frugal in college than I did from my coursework. My experience makes me wonder though why so many complain that it's simply impossible to go to college without taking out hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans. I never borrowed a penny to go to school and I eventually picked up three degrees and three two-year certificate courses. I also studied philosophy for four years and did a couple of years of post-grad study and research. And before someone says, "yeah but that was back in the old days," I obtained my last degree in this century. How did I pay for that tuition? Well, if you teach at a university, and are not a grad-student per se, they usually will waive tuition if you also want to take classes there.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

When I was in grad school I was getting $300 a month from the GI Bill and about the same from my research assistantship. Unfortunately, my truck payment also was $300 a month and I was putting 30,000 miles on my truck every year doing field research so the rest of the money was going for gas. I worked additional jobs too wherever I could pick them up.

I couldn't afford a place to stay so I lived at the animal research building, which was in a remote part of campus, The "animal house" reeked of live animals and dead flesh, as it also was where we had our dermestid beetles to clean skulls. However, it also had a toilet and was heated and air conditioned. Since I was oftentimes there day and night doing legitimate research and departmental work I guess that campus security just figured that I had something official going on all night, every night, though sometimes I'd sleep in my office so as to shake thngs up.

I couldn't afford a parking permit either so I parked at the biology building's loading dock. As I was oftentimes on campus late at night cataloging specimens or loading my truck prior to going out to do field research, I guess that they figured that I should be left alone permit or no.

I got away with all this for four years. In fact, when I went to another university as a visiting scholar, doing some genetics research in their labs, I found that they were renovating the biology building and that the basement was vacant. I just lived down there took showers in the old chemical emergency showers.

For food, well, I ate when and where I could. I hunted and fished while out doing research and even ate some of the animals I caught. Most of my diet, however, consisted of store-brand Mac & Cheese and cheap tuna fish, which only cost a half dollar for an entire meal. 

I probably learned more useful stuff by being frugal in college than I did from my coursework. My experience makes me wonder though why so many complain that it's simply impossible to go to college without taking out hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans. I never borrowed a penny to go to school and I eventually picked up three degrees and three two-year certificate courses. I also studied philosophy for four years and did a couple of years of post-grad study and research. And before someone says, "yeah but that was back in the old days," I obtained my last degree in this century. How did I pay for that tuition? Well, if you teach at a university, and are not a grad-student per se, they usually will waive tuition if you also want to take classes there.   

I don't really want to get in to details here, but I have literally spent my last dollar before and lived not knowing if I was going to have somewhere to sleep or eat.

492f5d27fa505b045ad05b439574ce7e--places

54 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You give the $10 dollars to someone that needs it more than you do and then all of a sudden you will find money.

If you are in Hawaii you throw a line in the water and catch fish. There are no fishing licenses in Hawaii, any one can fish and any one can sell fish. Also there are chickens running around every where, if you travel up a stream at night looking on the ground for chicken poop and the you look up and see them roosting right above the poo. You then take your sling shot and shoot several. Use a big rock if you want them to live. You want them to live, because other wise you have to clean them that night. The Roosters you sell to the Rooster fighters for $100 a piece the chickens you can eat or have them lay eggs (you have to keep at least 1 Rooster or they won't lay, unless you feed them laying moss). You can also catch prawns in the streams at night (you net them or set traps) They sell for about $20 a lb if you get them from Ukumehame stream The cleanest running stream in the world according to the National Geographic. You can see the difference in the Prawns from other streams. You can also collect flowers and sell hand made lei's to the tourists. On the weekends you can go to any park and there will be keki's first birthday parties and it's like a luau, always plenty food and you are usually welcome to feast, or I guess you can get a real job, but it's not as fun and or fruitful. I know dumpster divers that won't get a job because they don't want to take such a drastic cut in pay. You have no Idea how much good food grocery stores throw away. One year Kenny 20 (his nick name because every time he got $20 he would buy a 20 bag of meth) got 84 brand new guitar hero's from the Walgreen's dumpster after Christmas and made out selling those for a 1/4 of the retail value. In 5 years of buying Meat from him (rib eyes, t bones, Pork loins, ETC. I never once got sick). That's a snippet of what I did in Hawaii when a client defaulted on the $20,000 they owed me and I lost my shop and a had to sell all of my tools off and went to live in the woods for a couple years. It was the best time of my life and I am going to go back to it, when Granny eventually passes. Until then I do elder care in Minnesota for room and board.

I could probably scrape up $100 for you if you are really in need.

I live in the midwest. People die homeless everyday. I drive past one of the well known shelters downtown on my way home from work every day and see ambulances and police cars there constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,347
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,199 posts
9,896 battles

There's lost of rice based dishes you can make for about 1-2 dollars. try checking youtube maybe? Rice is a carb so your stomach will get more for your bite than other foods.:fish_book:

 

here I'll give you a video!

 

 

 

I've actually eaten this, its amazing!:fish_cute_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
1 hour ago, JToney3449 said:

1) Be glad all the xmas shopping and donating to charities is over with days ago.

2) Check emergency rations of peanut butter, jelly, and bread.

3) Be thankful that I have 1 & 2 and a warm roof over my head as a lot of people this xmas are not so fortunate.

I hope this helps to remind everyone of a few of the things we take for granted.  Remember to try and help those less fortunate where and when you can, donating doesn't have to be money, it can be your time or your love.

So if you can, donate some of what you have to people who need it *Remember to use known good charities*.  

A sincere warm smile is often the best thing you can give someone, and you can do it each day.

Merry X-Mas to my fellow captains!

(Feel free to share your holiday stories)

Ramen noodles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,387 battles
1 hour ago, JToney3449 said:

1) Be glad all the xmas shopping and donating to charities is over with days ago.

2) Check emergency rations of peanut butter, jelly, and bread.

3) Be thankful that I have 1 & 2 and a warm roof over my head as a lot of people this xmas are not so fortunate.

I hope this helps to remind everyone of a few of the things we take for granted.  Remember to try and help those less fortunate where and when you can, donating doesn't have to be money, it can be your time or your love.

So if you can, donate some of what you have to people who need it *Remember to use known good charities*.  

While I try to donate small amounts here and there through out the year, especially to St. Judes hospital. This time of year just reminds me how important it is. My health is bad and I live on $600 a month so I know what its like to be sick a lot.  Not something children should have to worry about, nor their parents, thats why its my fav charity.  Im no saint but sick kids, well if you dont feel for that got a heart made of ice. So if you can please donate to St Jude or another fine charity. And if you cant,  a sincere warm smile is often the best thing you can give someone, and you can do it each day.

Merry X-Mas to my fellow captains!

(Feel free to share your holiday stories)

Buy a six pack and a slimjim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,387 battles
22 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I hope this helps to remind everyone of a few of the things we take for granted.  Remember to try and help those less fortunate where and when you can, donating doesn't have to be money, it can be your time or your love.

Dreadnought, Ghostdog wish you Merry Christmas fellow Captain. Hope the guy in the red suite brings you something cool tonight.

 

ghost-dog-12217363.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
223
[AR15]
Members
435 posts
2,923 battles
44 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Dreadnought, Ghostdog wish you Merry Christmas fellow Captain. Hope the guy in the red suite brings you something cool tonight.

 

ghost-dog-12217363.png

Same to you Ghostdog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
223
[AR15]
Members
435 posts
2,923 battles

Thank you guys, several people have sent me gift boxes.  We are all lucky to have such a good group of people in this community.  I want those who shared not just with me but with others to know, it means a lot to me.  It has been an incredibly tough year for me, nearly died several times no joke.  I nearly had an infection make me go septic, had a slipped rib *twice actually* not life threatening but they thought my lung got punctured hurt like a mule kicked me, an oil truck leaked its load on the road and me an another car got to spin out hardcore like crazy.  Then I had [edited] van and a big pickup try to block me in at the bank when I was checking my ATM balance at night, ended up in a high speed chase through town running 120mph, pulled into a gas station after i lost the guys and called the cops then had to deal with the no joke 10 cops they sent to me.  7 cars went to look for them 3 talked to me for half an hour.  Then I had to have surgery on my side.  Like I said its been one hell of a gang buster year.

I have had cronic pain for 15 years now and could always endure it, but that whole infection in my side melting a quarter size hole down to my rib + having to be held down on a doc table and cut open to get it out, I finally hit my breaking point.  Im whats known as a rapid metabolizer, drugs and pain killers have nearly no effect on me.  And apparently Im a freak among freaks because the doctors said they have seen several people like that but none remotely approching me.  They gave me 2/3rd of a bottle of local and I could still feel everything.  Felt like I was in the old west and someone was trying to dig a bullet out, cept instead of a bullet I had a person holding my legs down and a person on each side pushing on my chest so hard I swore my ribs would snap.  And that only took 2 hours.

Honestly I feel like a POW these days, as I put it im on my 5th lifetime worth of pain, after all that I feel like a POW thats been tortured to the point that they broke.  "Jesus I will tell you anything you want to know just stop already!" - Me. I know I can recover, time heals all wounds, its just going to take a good while.  Thats why I want you all to know how much your acts of kindness helped me.  X-mas is sorta like our time of year that refills our faith in humanity gas tank.  Don't feel bad for me, there are people who have endured far worse, I used to think I was a strong person, but once my shoulders got hurt 15 years ago I learned there are people that suffer far worse then I and are far stronger.

So here is to those people, the strongest among us, who bare their scars and still walk tall, Merry X-mas once again to all!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
4 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Dreadnought, Ghostdog wish you Merry Christmas fellow Captain. Hope the guy in the red suite brings you something cool tonight.

 

ghost-dog-12217363.png

Merry Christmas!

... but I don’t want to take credit for someone else’s words... what you quoted wasn’t me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×