You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tiberius67

If I can't win, everybody dies!

12 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

Does this happen very often? It all came down to me and a enemy Guilio Cesare duking it out at maybe 3km....while I wasn't able to pull off a win, I did manage to take him with me. :Smile_smile: The Red team won but noone at all survived.

5a3fe4188e52b_WorldofWarships24-Dec-1711_18_41.thumb.png.f811d18b7c1545fa0d94bf68f381b9d1.png5a3fe428dd43a_WorldofWarships24-Dec-1711_17_49.thumb.png.6c00fa477a5bfa7ad9af38462fb32888.png

[PSP]
Members
6,348 posts
8,971 battles
3 minutes ago, injunmick said:

I have never seen that. Shouldn't that be a tie? If no one lives, who is left to win?

I bet they won on points. Or one ship died just an instant before the other. I've been getting "denied" lots of "It's a Flesh Wound" awards lately because of nearly simultaneous kills.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles

I see it being like this, one fighter is leading by points, a clear point advantage in the fight, then this happens.....

No one wins, it's a draw/tie.  :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,031 posts

It's impossible to get a tie now unless both sides have the same amount of built up points.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,711 posts
9,112 battles
21 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

It's impossible to get a tie now unless both sides have the same amount of built up points.

This, the red team must have had more points. This is a perfect example for why they over did it when they made the changes that make draws almost impossible, there are times when neither team deserves the win.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles

There has been tests carried out where two ships would ram with equal points. Yet it still does not make draws and one side wins while the other loses. It's not certain what is the factor here that determines the win or loss.

So I don't think the amount of points matters in the case of the last two ships ramming.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,711 posts
9,112 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

There has been tests carried out where two ships would ram with equal points. Yet it still does not make draws and one side wins while the other loses. It's not certain what is the factor here that determines the win or loss.

So I don't think the amount of points matters in the case of the last two ships ramming.

The team with the higher point total always gets the win in situations that would be ties.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles

Except rams are very weird in that it does not treat it as a tie situation.

I've lost a game where my team was leading on points and the ram decided to give the win to the other team.

Just noticed that op's game was not decided by ram so my point is irrelevant.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,711 posts
9,112 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Except rams are very weird in that it does not treat it as a tie situation.

I've lost a game where my team was leading on points and the ram decided to give the win to the other team.

Just noticed that op's game was not decided by ram so my point is irrelevant.

That is the tie breaker rules so even in simultaneous death of the last ship on each team one of them will will except if they are tied after the additions & subtractions for the kills.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,429 battles
2 hours ago, Tiberius67 said:

Does this happen very often? It all came down to me and a enemy Guilio Cesare duking it out at maybe 3km....while I wasn't able to pull off a win, I did manage to take him with me. :Smile_smile: The Red team won but noone at all survived.

5a3fe4188e52b_WorldofWarships24-Dec-1711_18_41.thumb.png.f811d18b7c1545fa0d94bf68f381b9d1.png5a3fe428dd43a_WorldofWarships24-Dec-1711_17_49.thumb.png.6c00fa477a5bfa7ad9af38462fb32888.png

"Every one dies here today! Do You hear me?. We all die here today!" I cant remember who quoted that but I didn't make it up.

th?id=OIP.EKijrs_PRW1UfI-Oep8wOQHaGc&pid

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

Last I recall, we were ahead on points, but admittedly the last couple minutes of the match I was too busy to look. What I think happened is I got my kill shot off just before his landed, for some reason it didn't register as a "It's only a flesh wound" award.