Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xxBigbacon

the giulio

8 comments in this topic

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,248 battles

Eh...you don't really need Expert Marksman that bad. You can pick Adrenalin Rush or jack of all trades first and it's fine. 

It depends on your preference for the first tier 3 skill. I don't think BFT is the strongest choice among them. Even AA spec it's not going to do much unless they're same tier or lower anyways. Your small size, speed and decent agility will be more helpful against CV drops than your AA. If you take a close look at your AA in port you'll see what I mean. It's just not that impressive spec-ed for it or not. 

For tier 4 you got CE or Fire Prevention. Both are strong choices. I personally don't have an issue managing my damage control too much so I'm going CE. Makes an already pretty stealthy battleship more stealthy. 

Ship upgrades just standard stuff really. reduce crit on main battery, flood and fire mod, increased accuracy. Nothing fancy there. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,060 posts
14,457 battles

Caesar is the only low tier ship outside Fujin I'm willing to use.  MM s--ts on her tier badly, but the way Caesar is, she has very good strengths to work better in that environment.  That stealth, mobility lets her get in for a close, powerful salvo and then get out and hide if need be.  She can sneak up to some Cruisers and be quite punishing.  That stealth lets her fade away from fights she cannot handle and outrun most BBs in her tier range.

Choosing your fight and knowing when to engage and break off is key with this ship.  Stick around too long, too close, and the other BBs can punish you badly.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
218 posts

Giulio Cesare is unnecessarily strong. I think it will join the Gremyashchy club soon.

For the commander skill:

1. Priority Target - Giulio frequently needs to open her belly to make the rear guns to use, it's good to know who aim to it

2. Andrine Rush - dmg output

3. Superintendent - extra heal

4. CE - she drives like a battle cruiser

5. Expert Marksman - gun

6. Basic Survivability - 15% repair reload

7. Fire Prevention - one less fire

Giulio's AA isn't impressive. Increasing her AA doesn't worth it. I would give up shooting down planes. Rather, use her little swift butt + waltz agility to dodge torpedo/bomb and spend points on survivability - which works in both CV and non-CV engagement.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,060 posts
14,457 battles

The AA is indeed very bad and is an achilles heel.  Zuiho, Bogue, any CV is a big problem.  Not only for the air attacks, but also for keeping Caesar spotted and negating one of her key strengths:  Stealth.

Still, compared to a number of BBs in her tier, others also have terrible AA.  It isn't a problem unique to Caesar.

Members
2,378 posts
7,676 battles
On 05/01/2018 at 5:42 PM, USSskywalker said:

Giulio Cesare is unnecessarily strong. I think it will join the Gremyashchy club soon.

Yeah, too strong for a T5 BB. 

For the commander skill:

1. Priority Target - Giulio frequently needs to open her belly to make the rear guns to use, it's good to know who aim to it

2. Andrine Rush - dmg output

3. Superintendent - extra heal

4. CE - she drives like a battle cruiser

5. Expert Marksman - gun

6. Basic Survivability - 15% repair reload

7. Fire Prevention - one less fire

I would trade EM for FP in priority. GC turrets are already good enough. But fire is a huge problem. 

Giulio's AA isn't impressive. Increasing her AA doesn't worth it. I would give up shooting down planes. Rather, use her little swift butt + waltz agility to dodge torpedo/bomb and spend points on survivability - which works in both CV and non-CV engagement.

I found GC AA to be OK aginst T4/5 CVs, you arent a AA monster but if the CV dont be careful and fast he will lose planes. Plus the good agility to dodge low tier auto drops.

Members
105 posts
1,716 battles

Im running priority target-shes a battle cruiser....u need to know whos aiming at u (u already have low health)

Adrenaline Rush for faster reload, cuz the guns are a monstrosity at 12-14km range

Superintendent for extra heal

Concealment expert-so you have cruiser-level concealment, allows u to run away if your out gunned

these are the first ten point skillz,

then take: Fire prevention, cuz it has low health and all BBs hate fire

Your choice between vigilance for more torp dodging (cuz this thing has literally no torp belt) or  basics of survivabilty for more health/more health regenerated with heal

Your choice between Expert Marksmen(cuz it feels like a battle cruiser and ull be turning alot) or High Alert.

I took vigilance and Expert Marksmen...

Sign in to follow this