You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

The "No Christmas spirit" support and Festivus thread

10 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,372 posts
3,567 battles

Well, here I sit waiting to see if Mr. Scrooge needs me to come into work yet again...on a Christmas eve Sunday. December always sucks for those of us that work with the public...but it was hoped that busting our @$$s for a month might get us a rare Eve off. Don't look like it... :Smile_sad: 

Between being worked like a rented mule, and being unable to play due to my ghetto 'net, I really just want to forget the whole [edited] thing.

The Others and Krampus can fight over this damn time of the year. 

But who wants to wrap the pole with foil and wrestle? :Smile_teethhappy: That, and I really hate my 'net right now...and then there are those RN BBs.... :cap_viking: :fish_viking:

Thanks for letting me vent I guess... I do hope ya'all have a good Holiday, whatever you celebrate.. 

Beta Testers
1,167 posts
8,123 battles

It's fun this year because my 7 year old grandson is here.  Makes a huge difference with excited youngsters in the house.  I've had fun seeing where the elf ends up every morning.

25552110_10213094716377089_8591804496741947833_n.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Keep your chin up Davos, you'll make it! :Smile_Default:

Hope y'all have a very merry Christmas, and a happy New Year! 

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

1,266 posts
13 battles

I know how you feel, I have to work on Christmas myself. The most exciting thing for me is buying gifts for my nephew, that's what makes everything worthwhile, to see his face when he opens up everything. I hope that you have a Merry Christmas as well.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,454 posts
8,107 battles

I know that feeling, I have to work tomorrow, which while some would go, or think "But you get to go and see the Eagles game - my job is typically in an elevator which, yay for being a small limiting space when your an introvert (aka don't really feel comfortable around lots of people), but don't see much of the game. And yeah, dealing with the public can be a headache.

Eiher way Davos, merry Christmas or whatever it is you might celebrate. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

I just hope you don't have to deal with those self-entitled "YOU MUST WISH ME A MERRY CHRISTMAS" type.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,372 posts
3,567 battles

Thanks gang..it means a ton. Really. It looks like holiday rush has finally took a dirt nap, so maybe I can get in the holiday spirit? I dunno..need more beer.. 

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,180 battles
7 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Between being worked like a rented mule, and being unable to play due to my ghetto 'net, I really just want to forget the whole [edited] thing.

rejoice!! mules are one of the few mammals that will continue to eat after they are dead. therefore, you ought to be able to continue working long after most people would simply pass out.

santa will not forget, not even a rented mule on the nice list. I know, I was one once. 

• Cool 1

Members
7 posts
192 battles

Wifey is on duty the 25th and 26th whilst I'm not rostered till the 27th. The only consolation is having a crate of Peroni to work through ( Cava on standby for Christmas evening if she doesn't collapse on return) and not having to explain the offside rule for the gazzilionth time during the Boxing day (association) football.

Best wishes to all the boys and girls on duty and if anybody from Gloucestershire is reading this don't get ill or else.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,372 posts
3,567 battles

...and back to work..BUT hopefully I'll have time to mess around with the wifi...gonna be cold outside, so might as well fix something inside... Hope ya'all got a ship under the cyber tree... :Smile_medal: