Who is a better T7 Premium British BB

Who is the better Premium T7 BB  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better Premium T7 BB

30 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
10,699 battles

Hood, its not even a competition. Hood is faster and seems to hit harder. DOY has hydro, but gives up too much to be competitive. On the other hand Hood does not get the frosty the snow ship cammoflage.

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,154 battles

Love my Hood. Dont have the Duke as I already have both Warspite and Nelson so dont need another T7 Brit Premium BB.  Besides, I also have the KGV.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,449 posts
8,107 battles

I'd have to have them in my hands to call, what I hear of DoY isn't pretty, which falls in line with Mouses review, Hood I know I hate when I have DB's, but honestly, I rarely see the ship played and well, much as I see the players at times do well, it seems the ship itself may not be the greatest. But again, haven't played it and honestly, I still feel they tiered it higher than they should have. Nelson is a blast though. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,810 posts
10,336 battles

If people are saying Hood's better than makes me worried for DoY!

Nelson is >> Hood, so...

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,810 posts
7,075 battles

I have no problems with Hood, but have never been able to make Nelson work properly. I hear DoY is not quite as good as KGV, but then as KGV is stupidly OP, DoY can't be too bad.

Whatever, listen to your heart and play what you will enjoy the most.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Don't have a Hood but DOY is a clone of a very beloved ship that's been nerfed in the universally useful stat of ROF, but is relatively elite for hunting CV's and DD's, tasks I'd think most in the BB community don't really see as priority's. From everything I've heard of Hood both historically and in game she has trouble facing those higher tier BB's, while DOY has impressed me with how well she handles against BB's, even high ranking ones. 

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

While Hood is not an especially great ship, she still has a purpose (using her speed to flank). Duke of York, on the other hand, is just a gimped KGV with worse DPM for no good reason. So between the two, go Hood.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,128 posts
14,535 battles
On 12/24/2017 at 4:12 AM, Lionel92 said:

Where is HMS Nelson?

Indeed.

She is the statistical leader for Tier VII BBs.  She's pretty wonky in her protection scheme though.  But man, that MEGA HEAL lets her come back hardcore.

For Tier VII, Tech Tree KGV and FreeXP Nelson would answer all one's Tier VII RN BB needs.

[TAFY3]
Members
353 posts
7,337 battles

I absolutely detest the Duke of York.  I have to remember to stop buying everything offered at the premium store. 

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,521 battles

I have both the Hood and the DoY and while I think the DoY is very highly underrated, the Hood is better. 

The issue with DoY is the KGV.  KGV is hands down better than the DoY.  Significantly faster reload, one more heal and a better consumable in the Spotter Plane make KGV the clear victor and KGV over shadows the DoY because of this.  However if you throw KGV out the window and look at the DoY without comparing it to the KGV, the DoY, stat-wise, is holding its own with the Scharnhorst.  In fact compared to all 9 Tier 7 BBs currently in the game, it ranks between 3rd and 5th.  KGV is near the top in all categories though.

However, that being said while I have had some excellent matches in my DoY, the Hood just stands out to me.  I haven't played it much but 4 matches in I am averaging 85k damage (which will come down quite a bit when I get more matches in) and have already had my first Kraken with her.   DoY with 15 battle is only averaging 66k damage for me comparatively.

As far as Nelson, well I haven't bought her yet but I think I am going to take the plunge tonight.  From what I have seen facing her though, I have to say I am impressed.  I think if you can figure out her play style, she will be a monster

[SALVO]
Members
17,071 posts
17,737 battles

I didn't know that ships were people.

[TDG]
Members
1,191 posts
6,016 battles

I don't have the Tech Tree Tier 7, King George V.

I have done well in all three of the Tier 7 RN BB premium ships.

I've only just started with the Duke of York at 5 Random battles.  Other than ZuihoDuke of York has my best average damage and my best average XP.  This might be due to it also having an 80% winrate (likely due to the limited battles so far).

I have 28 Random battles in Nelson. This ship has one of my best winrates for any ship.  (The only ships with a higher winrate have fewer Random battles.)  Nelson is my #3 average damage ship just ahead of North Carolina.

I have 59 Random battles in Hood.  The only ships I have more battles in are USN BBs led by the Missouri.  I actually have better survival in Hood than the other RN BBs.  It is a solid performer in XP and damage.

If Duke of York is just a nerfed King George V, I'm going to enjoy the Tier 7 grind when I get there.  (Just 9K to go on Queen Elizabeth.)

Each of the three premiums fits differently into the mix.  All are good enough on their own.

If I had to pick just one, I would pick Nelson for a reason not yet mentioned.  It seems to produce better credit earnings than the rest.  They do well, but I feel that Nelson does better.

[BSL]
Members
740 posts
14,560 battles

Nelson also has the insane heal.  The other 3 do not.

Edited by BearlyHereBear

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

nelson is the best BB T7,

hood is weak

duke of york is version nerf of king george v

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

nelson is the best BB T7,

hood is weak

duke of york is version nerf of king george v

While I'd agree Nelson is the best and you already know what I think about DOY, Hood is a really good BB. She's got a superior HP pool and speed and while her HP isn't as OP as the other three T7 UK BB's, her AP is pretty good. 

• Cool 1

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

the best >BB brithish T7  HMS NELSON

0TgIVUS.jpg

Rvigo3R.jpg

LxjEUyL.jpg

eKZzTYw.jpg

ynbJfFL.jpg