Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lifetorch

Psychopaths

14 comments in this topic

[FK]
Members
2 posts
1,944 battles

Situation: Random Battle, Fault Line, Domination mode, Tiers 5-7, North Team

I was playing my Colorado and had been in slump all day. Even though I had consistently done well (top 3 in most matches), I had won only one match. This particular game was not one of my best; I think I ended like 8th or so (but it should have been better as you will read later). I started behind an island on the edge my team's spawn toward the northwest. I could have headed toward the A cap area but there were many destroyers and decided that I should wait before heading toward the island rich area in the middle of the map and start the game by lending artillery support. I was doing so, hitting many ships when I could fire through the maze of islands heading mainly ESE. When I got toward the eastern third of the map, I decided to wait and head through the open gap where the C area was rather than weaving in and out of the islands just west of it. There were 2 BBs, 1 CA, and 1 DD of the enemy heading toward the south end of the gap and when I made my decision, we had a couple of cruisers, a BB just in front of me and a DD sitting on west edge of the cap zone, moving in and out the gap between the 2 large islands. A Colorado is not a fast ship and by the time I was fully in the gap and had LOS on anything, it was just the enemy cruiser and destroyer and the "friendly" destroyer. The enemy DD was ducking in and out of the west side of the southern entrance and laying down smoke and torps. I started shooting at both the cruiser and destroyer when I could see them through the smoke and then it happened...

I spotted torpedoes coming from my aft. I looked at the mini map and only saw my own destroyer behind me. I figured it was just poor judgement and he was shooting them at the enemy DD. Then he started ranting that I had been hiding in the back of the C cap the whole match (which was wrong but I was avoiding torpedoes from both my bow and stern). The next thing I know, he was shooting his guns at me (more accurately than the enemy) and laid down two more torpedo salvos at close range. I think he hit me with about 6 torpedoes. Just as he passed me, the game announced that he had killed himself (not sure how that happened, maybe the game killed him after all the damage he did to my ship). Our team was already behind, this psychotic episode did not help and we lost.

I truly do not understand this kind of rant. No matter how bad he thought I played, he helps neither himself nor the team by shooting at teammates. I try to win every game; I do not consider myself an expert of the game but I am always trying. Some matches go well, some don't. Either way, I try my best until my ship is sunk or the game ends. I do not understand the ranting at the end of every losing match; but this goes way beyond that. Grow up folks; all things being equal, you lose half of your matches. It might actually be because the other team played well.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,935 battles

S'ok man don't let them get to you . He died because of reflected damage . Which means he is a constant TKer and troll and since this is the internet unfortunately we will have to put up with such people until they manage to get themselves perma-banned . The best thing you can do is send support a report on him to maybe get him banned quicker then the automated system will do it . They will want screenshots and probably a replay tho .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[FK]
Members
2 posts
1,944 battles

I know I shouldn't such idiots taint my experience, but his rantings whipped up fever pitch amongst my teammates and half of them were happy that he had attacked me, an obvious BoT.

BTW, how do you configure a flashdrive to act as RAM? I only have 8g and a flashdrive RAM would be great.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
50 minutes ago, Lifetorch said:

I know I shouldn't such idiots taint my experience, but his rantings whipped up fever pitch amongst my teammates and half of them were happy that he had attacked me, an obvious BoT.

BTW, how do you configure a flashdrive to act as RAM? I only have 8g and a flashdrive RAM would be great.

try right clicking on it and go to properties, the Flash drive that is, what ever drive letter it is.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,060 battles

As Chien Lu Anderman said.. get a ticket in, it will help!

As for the other players that ranted.  All I can say is it's a very common behavior in online gaming to look for someone to blame instead of even beginning to admit one might have played poorly.   You see it all the time where there's a doom sayer who will criticize through out the entire match (usually an early death) and wanting the team to loose because then its ok that they messed up and got themselves killed early because you know the team was no good anyway.   

I promise you  there ARE adults that even have adult attitudes in spite of playing an online game!  The craptatsic moments do stand out but they are not the norm  (though they do tend to come in runs.. hate that part!)

TL Warlord Roff sends

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,459 posts
8,119 battles

Yeah, just another "report and ignore" player. Also, depending on exactly what you were doing and all, generlly, ignore the rest of the peanut gallery as well, they likely don't see what you see or know what your doing. Hell, can't tell you how many times I'm in a tier 6 slower than a glacier trying to follow the team and get crap because I follow them to a flag and takes a while to get to the next.

[SYN]
Members
31 posts
3,911 battles

I wonder if it was the same guy that was ragging on me yesterday. He didn't shoot at me, since he was already dead, but he just lost it over the fact that I wasn't doing what he thought I should be doing. Similar to you, Lifetorch, I'd moved up the edge of the cap early in the game to support a yoloing dd, but couldn't push further. I ended up holding down that flank for much of the game, along with another CA, int the face of a heavy enemy attack. This particular tactical genius was enraged at the fact that I "hadn't moved" all game. The rest of our team, of course, melted away on the other flank and we lost. Big deal--you do your best and take the results with grace then load up another game.

It hardly needs saying, but I will anyway: don't let the psychos get to you. There's a few of them on here but there'll just a noisy, irritating minority. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,253 posts
38 minutes ago, bigsnit said:

I wonder if it was the same guy that was ragging on me yesterday. He didn't shoot at me, since he was already dead, but he just lost it over the fact that I wasn't doing what he thought I should be doing. Similar to you, Lifetorch, I'd moved up the edge of the cap early in the game to support a yoloing dd, but couldn't push further. I ended up holding down that flank for much of the game, along with another CA, int the face of a heavy enemy attack. This particular tactical genius was enraged at the fact that I "hadn't moved" all game. The rest of our team, of course, melted away on the other flank and we lost. Big deal--you do your best and take the results with grace then load up another game.

It hardly needs saying, but I will anyway: don't let the psychos get to you. There's a few of them on here but there'll just a noisy, irritating minority. 

Yep, the skill of losing gracefully seems to be completely lost on many people.  

Yesterday I decided to try my hand at Ranked.  I ended up finishing the day with a 70% win rate, and not salty at all- but in each of the losses there was one common theme:  

Bickering, whining and infighting in chat.

Second day of Ranked, and already some are losing their $hit...    Makes me wish for a picture of a baby bawling like a lost calf that you could superimpose on their battle screen.  You know, press f12 to WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I hate losing, too.

Sometimes I get frustrated and pissed.  But nobody wants to listen to a grown-a$$ adult whine like a toddler, scream and rage, or play the blame game.  I Just go back to port.  Why make everyone else miserable, too?

I get the feeling the chat mute and blacklist are going to get a workout...

[SYN]
Members
31 posts
3,911 battles

Yeah, I've started to make use of the chat block feature quite a bit lately. Fortunately, the knuckleheads usually reveal themselves quite early on, like in the first two minutes of the match. So my usual practice is to go into chat at the start of the game, look for the worst offenders, right click, block, ahhhh.....peace and quiet, at least until the war starts in earnest. Of course, it gets harder to do this later on when the shells are falling all around--that's when you have to put up with the nonsense, which is hard to avoid because you also want to pay attention in case something useful comes up in that chat box.

[DOG]
Members
438 posts
5,767 battles
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:55 AM, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

S'ok man don't let them get to you . He died because of reflected damage . Which means he is a constant TKer and troll and since this is the internet unfortunately we will have to put up with such people until they manage to get themselves perma-banned . The best thing you can do is send support a report on him to maybe get him banned quicker then the automated system will do it . They will want screenshots and probably a replay tho .

:Smile_honoring:

"Relected damage?"  What's that?  Do you mean he was too close when the torps hit, and absorbed some of the explosion?  Or is it a game mechanism programmed in to punish team killers?

[WOLF9]
Members
3,253 posts
On 12/25/2017 at 10:58 AM, zubalkabir said:

"Relected damage?"  What's that?  Do you mean he was too close when the torps hit, and absorbed some of the explosion?  Or is it a game mechanism programmed in to punish team killers?

If you're already pink and continue to damage friendlies, each attack on a teammate also does damage to YOU.  You may eventually recieve ALL the damage.  It's part of WG's anti-team killer strategy.

You could think of it as an automatic never-miss counterstrike.

I've seen more than my fair share of pinkies blow themselves to bits trying to troll other players...

[CAST]
Members
1,428 posts
5,978 battles

Basic human behavior (by which I mean, the behavior of basic humans) is to blame everybody but yourself for any less than ideal circumstance which befalls you.  The vast majority of players in this game can adequately separate what happens on screen from real life the vast majority of the time, but even the truly good guys have a bad day every so often.  Not trying to excuse what happened to you in any way, just pointing out that it's not always as simple as "he's an a-hole".  It makes it easier for me to deal with behavior like that when I think of it this way, at least.

At any rate, the obvious best course is just to report him, move on to the next game, and keep doing whatever it is that makes you enjoy the game.  If the incident upsets you so much that you can't have fun playing at that point, shut down the software and use the time to do something productive instead: schoolwork (if applicable), catch up on household chores, walk the dog, re-introduce yourself to family & friends, volunteer at the local soup kitchen, whatever.  The best way to counter a negative influence is by providing a positive one, in a direction where it will bring improvement.

[OGF]
Members
138 posts
10,554 battles

I usually just chock it up to "Oh, yeah, forgot...middle school is on holiday break".

Although I will admit a few times someone has said something inflammatory enough to elicit a rather direct verbal response.

Sign in to follow this