You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Since WG told us there will be a French port which one would you choose?

22 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,912 battles

From the WG Fest 2017 news: there will not only be the launch of the French BB line, they will also get a port (and a captain)

The port I want to see:

St. Nazaire with the sub pen and a DD that stuck in the gates of the Forme Jouber drydock

• Cool 3

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,982 battles

Unquestionably Toulon. The game has so many flat city ports. Toulon has mountains - Toulon was the traditional Mediterranean French naval base. Yeah, okay, Saint Nazaire had the sub pens - WHEN IT WAS OCCUPIED BY GERMANY. That's not "French" - it's German. Not to mention that the things are ugly as sin - just a giant, concrete box. 

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,725 battles
16 hours ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Unquestionably Toulon. The game has so many flat city ports. Toulon has mountains - Toulon was the traditional Mediterranean French naval base. Yeah, okay, Saint Nazaire had the sub pens - WHEN IT WAS OCCUPIED BY GERMANY. That's not "French" - it's German. Not to mention that the things are ugly as sin - just a giant, concrete box. 

He's right, you know. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,810 posts
7,075 battles

in order of pref

1. Toulon (French naval HQ)
  2. Marseille (because the old port, post card ready)
  3. Brest/La Rochelle/Havre so many others.

Members
3,794 posts
14,076 battles
24 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Definitely Toulon. It was at the time of WWII France's main naval base. I'm not sure, but I think Toulon still is France's main Naval base.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,359 posts
12,155 battles
4 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

From the WG Fest 2017 news: there will not only be the launch of the French BB line, they will also get a port (and a captain)

The port I want to see:

St. Nazaire with the sub pen and a DD that stuck in the gates of the Forme Jouber drydock

Exactly this! It is as close to having sub's as I want...

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

I actually like the current Dunkirk port.  It's the port with the best war atmosphere.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

Toulon by far

[WOLF2]
Members
162 posts
10,952 battles
14 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Also have the DD crawling with German soldiers looking for souvenirs and then it explodes.  Then every minute or so repeat the animation

Edited by RumpledSteelskins
Typo

[SORRY]
[SORRY]
Members
6 posts
10,806 battles

that will be Marseille, look at the picture ^^

image.thumb.png.b57de8a30aad6aff6f1787ee081d9f0d.png

You can see Notre Dame de la garde, church in Marseille. But the problem is that it is not a military port, i hope i am making a mistake and that it will be Toulon....

[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles

The one that Campbeltown rammed.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
On 12/24/2017 at 1:37 PM, Rear_Admiral_Crispy said:

How about the only French port that saw any French action...

Mers-el-Kébir

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,866 battles
On 12/24/2017 at 1:09 AM, Erebthoron said:

my thoughts exactly.

[BS]
Beta Testers
208 posts
9,331 battles
On 12/24/2017 at 2:22 AM, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Then maybe we could get saint nazaire as a second german port lol

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,866 battles
On 12/24/2017 at 6:00 AM, Khafni said:

Exactly this! It is as close to having sub's as I want...

meh, if you want subs play a dd.

wanna submerge and remain undetected well within visual acquisition range?  that's a dd exploiting the poorly designed (or broken if you want to be blunt) stealth/spotting mechanics in this game.

wanna have a crash dive mechanic that let's you get out of sight when well within visual acquisition range?  that's how smoke works in this game.

wanna be fragile as all get out and be completely screwed the moment you get spotted without a way to escape detection quickly?  dd in a nutshell.

want torps to be your primary weapon and your guns to be only effective against lightly armored and small ships?  again... dd.

dd's already are the submarines of this game, they're just called destroyers instead of submarines.