You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bigbearbeear

Crash Tester Achievement

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

While playing the Scenario Narai and driving a Gneisenau (T7 German Battleship), I got the achievement "Crash Tester" but I have no idea how I got it.  Does anyone know how does this achievement gets awarded?

Thanks.

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

I read that article too, the problem is, I did not do anything of the things listed.  I did hit a Battleship with 3 torpedoes but it did not sink immediately, I had to finish her off with my main guns.  Also, this was done before we reached the harbor in the scenario, when I did the torpedo hit, it was when the Missouri showed up.

Even more odd, is that we lost the game.  I did scored the highest on the scoreboard and was the 2nd last one standing, going down while protecting the repair ship which captured the enemy repair platform.  It was literally a swam of red ships racing towards me so I charged them and the secondary batteries went to town blazing away constantly.  I think it might have been the secondary batteries that somehow got me the achievement, but I'm not sure.

[PSP]
Members
6,230 posts
8,863 battles

In another article someone mentioned that WG has tossed out several awards with no indication of what one needs to do to obtain them just so people can have fun trying to figure it out. It will take several players obtaining the award and posting what they thought they might have done to get it before the data can be compiled into an accurate description of the award's requirements.

[SKI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1 post
1,160 battles

I got the achievement today on Newport and from what I have seen other people post on the EU forum I think you just need to get 4 kills 4 different ways on a port map. https://imgur.com/a/kUr1F

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
132 posts
3,049 battles

I think this reddit post might help. I just got crash tester in my Gneisenau. First game I ever played in it. Was playing The Ultimate Frontier operation. I got 5 kills: 2 by secondaries, 1 by torp, 1 by fire and 1 with my main batteries. This theory for the crash tester seems to be the best bet as I didn't ram anybody and most of my kills (including the torp) was outside the harbor. I didn't run into any friendly ships or beach myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/7nqoc9/theory_for_the_crash_tester_achievement/

Members
62 posts
755 battles

I got crash tester in my gneissenau on ultimate frontier. I was beached on the repair port and killed an enemy cruiser with my main guns. No torpedo kills (only one hit) so I am fairly confident it has nothing to do with the way you get the kill. Just beach your ship on the port and kill something.

[PSP]
Members
6,230 posts
8,863 battles
1 hour ago, Dracolithfiend said:

I got crash tester in my gneissenau on ultimate frontier. I was beached on the repair port and killed an enemy cruiser with my main guns. No torpedo kills (only one hit) so I am fairly confident it has nothing to do with the way you get the kill. Just beach your ship on the port and kill something.

I'll have to try this.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
49 posts
6,560 battles

I'm more leaning towards Dixen's theory. I got it in Killer Whale, 4 kills, 4 different ways. (torpedo, fire, flooding, and shell) Got the achievement on the fourth kill (before the game was over). I was playing Gaede. 

Given the examples of getting it while not beached, I am pretty certain beaching does not matter. Winning or losing also does not matter.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
49 posts
6,560 battles

Hmm, I am fairly confident that I did not beach at anytime during my battle I got it in. It'd be nice to share replays but a new update just rolled out... Maybe you could've gotten a flood/secondary/secondary induced fire/shell kill and didn't notice it (or maybe even ram)?

I sort of think it would be to easy to just beach and kill something. Wouldn't this lead to a lot of people getting it easily if they go for it? I'd love to confirm for myself but we can only earn it once...

The ultimate conspiracy theory could be that there are multiple ways to get it based on ship types, map, and other arbitrarily confusing requirements. Anyways good luck to anyone trying to get it :P

[JSOC]
Beta Testers
813 posts
5,558 battles
On 1/14/2018 at 9:48 PM, Dracolithfiend said:

Just got crash tester on Ultimate frontier.  Never ran aground. Was in the Minsk.  I got it right after putting some torpedoes into the side of the Raptor.   

Possibly the 1 kill each by main battery hits/Torpedo hits/ Fire/ Flooding?  

shot-18.02.22_22.35.28-0807.jpg

shot-18.02.22_22.35.21-0529.jpg

[PSP]
Members
6,230 posts
8,863 battles
15 hours ago, NightHawkS117 said:

Just got crash tester on Ultimate frontier.  Never ran aground. Was in the Minsk.  I got it right after putting some torpedoes into the side of the Raptor.   

Possibly the 1 kill each by main battery hits/Torpedo hits/ Fire/ Flooding?  

shot-18.02.22_22.35.28-0807.jpg

shot-18.02.22_22.35.21-0529.jpg

After several people have looked into it, I think that's what it is -- you have to sink a certain number of ships in the game a certain number of ways.

[ICOP]
Members
934 posts
3,402 battles

I believe it is fire, flood, torp & gun (HE + AP) kills plus all 4 types of ship.  Did that last night on my Myoko and got the award.

[CDN]
Members
5 posts
3,641 battles

I just got the achievement in my Scharnhorst and I think it popped up after my 8th or 9th kill. Only used AP that game so I don't think it has anything to do with fires, although my secondaries could have started some. Couple torp hits and one kill by flooding, but I'm not sure if it popped up after the flooding kill(which was my 8th kill) or not

I'd have more info if my freakin UI didn't bug out after I went to port... :cap_viking:

Edited by heven93