You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

I think this sums up some thoughts..

14 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

@Final8ty  This is for you.

Ran first cap..  Lot of heat.. so bailed.  Ran to the back up cap.  Still had heat, but I just had to get this.  Quick mini map check.  Entire team doing circles..  Doing nothing.  No engagement anywhere.  Never did get the cap.  Just got shot to heck.  Certainly had no help.     And like we talked about..  Who gets top?   Sort of a dubious honor being the best loser..  and the reds did a great job.  Just sort of a testament to some earlier conversations. 

rQ7gSdSr_o.jpg

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

I guess Karma is a beech.  I just ranked last in a win.  lol  It was a good game.  I played it hard.  But they played it harder. 

[TBW]
Members
6,418 posts
12,065 battles

The trouble I find is that I want to play as a team but the only way to advance is to be the best loser as often as you can. Trying to be the top scorer, although it might help out the team sometimes, I find to be the top you have to quit being a team player. Play to score not to win, it kind of makes me sick. I have never finished a ranked season for this very reason but I suppose that I have to adapt if I am ever going to get the Flint and Black. They really should allow 2 man divisions, so you at least know then, that two people are working toward the same goal.

[TBW]
Members
6,418 posts
12,065 battles
1 minute ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I guess Karma is a beech.  I just ranked last in a win.  lol  It was a good game.  I played it hard.  But they played it harder. 

Nothing wrong with being last on a winning team.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

Nothing wrong with being last on a winning team.

I can accept that. Truth. 

[SYN]
Members
31 posts
3,921 battles

This should probably be in a thread of its own but then I'd really get flamed to a crisp. So I'll just throw it in here. Resolution: Be it resolved that this game does seem to favour the cautious and punish the agressive. I'd add even further that it often seems to favour those who play selfishly for their own ends (stats) than to advance the cause of the team.

I've also posted a few accounts recently of similar happenings ie. doing my best to play the objectives only to see the rest of my "team" sailing in circles far from the action or just doing odd things. It is what it is, I guess (hence Peregrinas's snooze reaction) and nothing much will ever change. Still a fun game though.

[TMS]
Members
1,742 posts
22,088 battles
7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The trouble I find is that I want to play as a team but the only way to advance is to be the best loser as often as you can. Trying to be the top scorer, although it might help out the team sometimes, I find to be the top you have to quit being a team player. Play to score not to win, it kind of makes me sick. I have never finished a ranked season for this very reason but I suppose that I have to adapt if I am ever going to get the Flint and Black. They really should allow 2 man divisions, so you at least know then, that two people are working toward the same goal.

Yes they should make it 2 man div and make it 6 or 8 players a side.

[SYN]
Members
31 posts
3,921 battles

And it's aggressive, not agressive. Sorry, wrote the above post without the requisite amount of coffee this morning.

Members
33 posts
2,751 battles

At rank 11 I keep getting people rank 16-15 that keep playing like the red team here, I don't get it, can't advance.. ever. So frustrating tbh. I think I'm done after I reach 10

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles
6 hours ago, iike said:

At rank 11 I keep getting people rank 16-15 that keep playing like the red team here, I don't get it, can't advance.. ever. So frustrating tbh. I think I'm done after I reach 10

Had that too. Its one of the harest parts to rank up rigt there