Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Over at the Wargamer's Place (a WOWS Parody)

10 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,246 posts
8,881 battles

Over at the Wargamer's Place

Sung to the tune of "Over at the Frankenstein Place" as sung in The Rocky Horror Picture Show

While working in the office
Up too late at night
Screen burning bright
You can be a star
No matter what or who you are

There's a fight (somewhere out in WarGaming land)
And someone there always needs (someone else to lend a hand)
You can bring a light
To the darkness of every newbie's life

There's someone out there, who want's to know
What you are playing
So don't be slow, get on YouTube and
Start to streaming
Into their lives, Into their lives

Soon you'll be a star (Everyone'll know who you are)
But don't expect much cash (The Youtube bubble sorta crashed)
Just be happy to be a light
In darkness of some Wargamer's life

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Over at the Wargamer's Place

Sung to the tune of "Over at the Frankenstein Place" as sung in The Rocky Horror Picture Show

While working in the office
Up too late at night
Screen burning bright
You can be a star
No matter what or who you are

There's a fight (somewhere out in WarGaming land)
And someone there always needs (someone else to lend a hand)
You can bring a light
To the darkness of every newbie's life

There's someone out there, who want's to know
What you are playing
So don't be slow, get on YouTube and
Start to streaming
Into their lives, Into their lives

Soon you'll be a star (Everyone'll know who you are)
But don't expect much cash (The Youtube bubble sorta crashed)
Just be happy to be a light
In darkness of some Wargamer's life

Snarg I am laughing my guts out now!!!!! Serious dude. I went to see that movie at the Alabama theatre (attached pictures) in Houston with my girlfriend Pam. Her dad was a coach at the time for the Astros and he rented her a Limo for her Birthday. We went and saw that show that night.

th?id=OIP.XTgeHvqDd_d-aXqajwAQoQEsDj&pidCinema Houston - Alabama Theatre13dvz1.jpg

[PSP]
Members
6,246 posts
8,881 battles

I first saw the RHPS when I was in the Army in the mid 70s. When I was in college I probably watched it once a semester, and when I was a paramedic there was a theatre near the fire station that had run it every Midnight Matinee for at least a decade. We really made a show out of it with all the props. You can watch the original theatre version on YouTube, it's got a some differences and is not as polished but is pretty good in its own right. Interestingly, the guy who played Riff Raff wrote the stage show and co-wrote the screenplay for the movie.

[PSP]
Members
6,246 posts
8,881 battles

I wrote about a half of the parody set to "The Time Warp" while waiting for my cold pizza to heat up.  If you just change all the references that the lyrics of a song make to something you eat then it makes writing a parody easy. No wonder Weird Al uses so many culinary references in his songs. Hint: what I just ate for supper plays a pivotal role in the upcoming parody. 

[PSP]
Members
6,246 posts
8,881 battles

LOL. I got done writing before I finished with my pizza. These things almost write themselves. Hope you all like it but you will have to wait until tomorrow to see it. I need to start posting, at most, one parody a day so they can be savored rather than gulped down (more references to the next one, BTW). Never know when the muse might up and depart either.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,416 posts
2,387 battles

I was in college in the early 70's and my little brother John was an especial fan (he and his harem and my middle brother too).  I was conservative Catholic and didn't take the decadence as amusing.  Until they dragged me to a show.  ("No, you needn't wear a corset.")

And.. it's been all down hill ever since, laughing all the way.  (Still Catholic, of course; Jesus obviously has a sense of humor.)

[PSP]
Members
6,246 posts
8,881 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I was in college in the early 70's and my little brother John was an especial fan (he and his harem and my middle brother too).  I was conservative Catholic and didn't take the decadence as amusing.  Until they dragged me to a show.  ("No, you needn't wear a corset.")

And.. it's been all down hill ever since, laughing all the way.  (Still Catholic, of course; Jesus obviously has a sense of humor.)

In Kansas City, where I was working as a paramedic, there was a 2nd-run theatre that showed Rocky Horror every Saturday midnight. They'd showed it since the production came out and had developed quite a devout clientele. It was actually hard to get a ticket because they had so many regulars. You just about had to know someone to get in. My roommate's girlfriend was able to get me a ticket so I went with them. You never saw such a production. The theatre manager was dressed like Frankenfurter, his assistant like Riff Raff, and the concession workers and ushers all like Transylvanians. The show began with a guy actually riding a harley down to the front of the theatre, pulling a sax off his back, and then start wailing on it. And it got crazier from there.     

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
Members
6,246 posts
8,881 battles

Well, the downvotes have started appearing. I see that my trolls have awoken this morning.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF3]
Members
6,416 posts
2,387 battles

It ran at The Village here for years.  The shows I attended weren't quite that nuts, but audience participation included a line of Transylvanians dancing on stage and thrown toast.  I recall the manager pleading with the crowd not to throw cooked rice during the wedding scene.   There was an odd herbaceous odor too.  Much fun.

Sign in to follow this