Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
battle100

worthless smokescreen

14 comments in this topic

Members
43 posts

how can ships see thru smokescreens when not in range of radar or sonar too many changes and too many cheats have invaded the ranks and nothing is done really making it impossible to play not happy with recent developments and to all the people who do cheat and think you're good go do something i'm not going to say what i want to remain in good taste

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,348 battles

When you fire your guns your detection in smoke increases. A lot sometimes. Also aircraft if you're not fully inside a smokescreen. Also German destroyers that you can't see. Also high tier Pan-Asian DDs with radar that you can't see. Also whatever happened to punctuation?

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

Smoke is what you use to get away when concentrated on mostly. People fire torps into smoke a lot. You can be seen for longer distances when firing (know your ship and know the distances).  It pretty much doesn't seem to ever cover you in the new scenario.

[O_O]
Members
4,398 posts
9,515 battles
48 minutes ago, battle100 said:

...too many cheats have invaded the ranks and nothing is done really making it impossible to play not happy with recent developments and to all the people who do cheat...

I have still not seen anything in game that made me think "cheat."

I have hit citadels of many a cruiser that was parked in a smokescreen and firing away, believing they were invisible.  And they were.  But when you fire your guns I can see your tracers.  When I see front and rear tracers come up, I now know where you are even if I can't actually see your ship.  You would probably accuse me of using a "cheat."  I guess my eyeballs are "cheats."

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
21 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I think some players smoke too much. 

It keeps me sane.

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles
1 hour ago, battle100 said:

how can ships see thru smokescreens when not in range of radar or sonar too many changes and too many cheats have invaded the ranks and nothing is done really making it impossible to play not happy with recent developments and to all the people who do cheat and think you're good go do something i'm not going to say what i want to remain in good taste

First, USE PUNCTUATION and CAPITALIZATION, for crying out loud!!!

Second, it's annoying reading all these claims of cheating, particularly from someone who doesn't even have 50 battles yet.  The fact is that many players are quite good at shooting "blindly" into smoke at enemy ships sitting in smoke and constantly firing their guns.  All you have to do is aim below the end of the tracers and get a little lucky.  It's not rocket science.  And it is NOT cheating.

What I see isn't an invasion of cheats.  What I do see is an invasion of newbies who are so inexperienced at the game that they don't understand the game mechanics to recognize how experienced players are able to do certain things, like hitting enemies in smoke with intelligently aimed blind fire.

Members
6,903 posts
7,508 battles

To the OP: Clearly, you don't yet understand the game and its mechanics fully. Clearly, also, you don't yet fully understand sentence structure, punctuation, or grammar as a whole. 

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that anyone is cheating. Cheating is far harder in this game than in most games. Just because you got beat doesn't mean anyone is cheating. Just because you can't see someone, or your shells missed, doesn't mean anyone is cheating. Just because you lose doesn't mean anyone is cheating.

The way you conducted yourself in your post isn't going to win you friends, accusations without proof are viewed quite dimly, as they should be. I suggest, respectfully, that you spend some time studying the game, the ships, the maps, and the mechanics, and work on situational awareness, it'll save you more times than not.

Also, again, holy lack of anything resembling grammar, Batman!

[TURDS]
Members
578 posts
3,917 battles

OP may be unfamiliar with recent smoke-firing changes, which can be seen as an added stat when pressing "H" key in battle.  I read the update release info and still got bitten by it a few times when playing CA/BB. The lesson sinks in eventually.

Members
43 posts

ok first i didn't know that i was going to be critiqued for for punctuation, really? second I'm not new to the game and have far more than 50 battles been on here for a few years now third if i did misread something in the last update my mistake but I'm not on here crying or whining about things I've been on here long enough to know that there has been cheating in the past and there will continue to be when people have the ability to do it and once again this isn't a literary class it's a forum for a game my apologies if my lack of punctuation offends your literary tastes 

[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
11 hours ago, Crucis said:

First, USE PUNCTUATION and CAPITALIZATION, for crying out loud!!!

Second, it's annoying reading all these claims of cheating, particularly from someone who doesn't even have 50 battles yet.  The fact is that many players are quite good at shooting "blindly" into smoke at enemy ships sitting in smoke and constantly firing their guns.  All you have to do is aim below the end of the tracers and get a little lucky.  It's not rocket science.  And it is NOT cheating.

What I see isn't an invasion of cheats.  What I do see is an invasion of newbies who are so inexperienced at the game that they don't understand the game mechanics to recognize how experienced players are able to do certain things, like hitting enemies in smoke with intelligently aimed blind fire.

jesus dude,,stop being the english teacher !! If you found it offensive , just ignore the post. Nobody makes you to reply to these posts...??

Members
4,535 posts
6,426 battles
11 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Only the right stuff, my friend....up here it will soon be legal!

Hmmmm.  Put that kinda smoke in the game!  It would add another dimension to gameplay.  What?  I dunno.:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles
2 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

jesus dude,,stop being the english teacher !! If you found it offensive , just ignore the post. Nobody makes you to reply to these posts...??

No, I won't stop.  I'll never, ever stop.  Life is a learning experience.  You never really leave school.

Sign in to follow this