Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seagrizzly

Can we please change cap XP for DD's

19 comments in this topic

[SC]
Alpha Tester
127 posts
5,469 battles

Ok so this is killing me and maybe only change it for ranked, but if you want to move up in ranked, get yourself a good dd, get into a cap, cap it and then shoot something once and your done, you got enough Xp to out class almost any boat out there except for another DD that is.

I just finished up a match that we lost and I did 101k damage, 2 kills a cap assist and survived and yet I get second a Kidd that had 2 cap points I assume no kills and he died as well.  We are just promoting DD's suicide here over and over.  I know it gets better in the higher ranks but man is crazy because I thought I had a great game for sure and then I get second in the list.

The best part about this is, we lose cause we got out capped.  

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

No, capping should be heavily rewarded due to the inherit risk it involves. If that DD managed to get 2 caps and an unknown amount of damage? Dead or not, he deserved each xp point he/she got. XP off damage is dependent on how much of the percentage of HP you take, not the damage. 

Edited by EmperorMaxwell
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,836 posts
10,762 battles

You just lost by being out-capped and you want to reduce the incentive to  cap?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,111 posts
6,750 battles

I actually wish the game gave more xp for partial caps or cap denials (ie sitting in an opponent's cap while contested is not rewarded, as far as I know).

Capping is far more dangerous than sitting and sniping and should be rewarded. Especially meaningful cap actions.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
5 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I honestly wish Ranked was Standard Battle.

I wish that they'd use a variety of battle modes.  That said, this season seems to be a little better in the  variety of domination mode layouts, using at least 3 of the maps from Clan Battles (well, the Mountain range one isn't an exact copy, but similar conceptually), in addition to other maps.

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

I actually wish the game gave more xp for partial caps or cap denials (ie sitting in an opponent's cap while contested is not rewarded, as far as I know).

Capping is far more dangerous than sitting and sniping and should be rewarded. Especially meaningful cap actions.

Yes, I agree on this.  I particularly like it when you're "cap denying" cap points on a base the enemy has already taken.  You may not be able to capture it for yourself, but if you stop the enemy from gaining cap points from it for a while, those are points the enemy can't gain while your team IS gaining points from its caps.  Sometimes it can be the difference between winning and losing, and should be well rewarded.

• Cool 2

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
39 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

Ok so this is killing me and maybe only change it for ranked, but if you want to move up in ranked, get yourself a good dd, get into a cap, cap it and then shoot something once and your done, you got enough Xp to out class almost any boat out there except for another DD that is.

I just finished up a match that we lost and I did 101k damage, 2 kills a cap assist and survived and yet I get second a Kidd that had 2 cap points I assume no kills and he died as well.  We are just promoting DD's suicide here over and over.  I know it gets better in the higher ranks but man is crazy because I thought I had a great game for sure and then I get second in the list.

the simple reality of ranked is this. Do you know every of the following:

Detection range, torp range, torp reload time, gun range, fire chance, IFHE ship or not, smoke duration, hydro radius, hydro length,  and about 10 more things....I do, do you? Otherwise call tampax and shut up.

• Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,941 posts
7,508 battles
1 hour ago, chewonit said:

You just lost by being out-capped and you want to reduce the incentive to  cap?

Yeah, that's what I saw, too, and I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
46 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

the simple reality of ranked is this. Do you know every of the following:

Detection range, torp range, torp reload time, gun range, fire chance, IFHE ship or not, smoke duration, hydro radius, hydro length,  and about 10 more things....I do, do you? Otherwise call tampax and shut up.

Jeez, sweetsie, I don't know all those things, nor do I want to try to remember every single friggin' detail.  Push comes to show, this is supposed to be a fun game, not a college physics test.  I wouldn't mind if there was a way in game (a mod?) that you could pull up to give you this data on enemy ships.  But one shouldn't have to know all those  damned details to play well and succeed.  Jeez.

And the final insult was uncalled for.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,186 battles

Had a game in Random earlier where I took all four caps and was top spot in the game.  Only time I ever fired was at a couple DDs that were chasing our Shima, which I ended up killing one of them for a grand total of just above 20k damage for the entire game.

shot-17.12.23_21.44.14-0250.jpg

[OPG]
Members
3,971 posts
5,678 battles
2 hours ago, Seagrizzly said:

I just finished up a match that we lost and I did 101k damage, 2 kills a cap assist and survived and yet I get second a Kidd that had 2 cap points I assume no kills and he died as well.  

You are assuming an awful lot there, just because he had no kills does not mean he had no impact on the battle.  If I had to guess, the Kidd finished first by doing an awful lot more than capping.  He could have done a tone of damage to enemy DDs, and remember, doing 10k damage to a tier 8 DD is the equivalent of doing 40k-50k damage against a Tier 8 BB.   Sometimes the battle results can be a little baffling, but by and large I think it's pretty fair. 

That being said, with out knowing what the Kidd actually did that battle, this whole thread is pointless as it's based on an unsubstantiated assumption.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
2 hours ago, Seagrizzly said:

DD runs 2 caps..  and you think he doesn't deserve credit?  DO you know how hard it is to run 2 caps?  Do you know how easy it is to sit and farm 100k damage?  I think you need to sit and reflect a bit. 

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles
4 hours ago, Seagrizzly said:

...and this is precisely why capping is rewarded as it is in the first place.  Capping forces the other team's hand and can win matches.  It's an important aspect and a risky venture, especially early in the match.

Edited by Kuckoo

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

But one shouldn't have to know all those  damned details to play well and succeed.  Jeez.

In ranked? Its pretty much required to succeed especially as you move up. If you don't want that kind of environment, randoms are pretty fun as well and don't require nearly as much attention to detail as ranked. And offers better rewards most of the time as well.

[SC]
Alpha Tester
127 posts
5,469 battles

Hey thanks for all the replies, the Tampax one made me laugh so hard.  I love people that go out of the way to show how manly they are! 

Anyways my thoughts on the replies, we lost to be out capped because people died trying to get the caps in the start of the game.  We had 3 dd's and 2 of them burst into flames in the very start of the game, right off we are 2 boats down.  Is this they way it should be?  The latter DD played solid and I agree he should be rewarded but you guys are right defensed of a cap is just as important and maybe more that rushing in and getting the cap.  You know there will be DD's most of the time to cap at the start so really your rolling the dice and hoping your can get luckier with your torps that others are with you.  I just don't find that play style should be rewarded.  I see it in most of the matchs up to rank 10 where they just run in an die because they know if they can just get that cap they have a very good possibility of being top of the leader board.  If they die ehh who cares they just run and grab another DD.  If you do this enough you can move up pretty fast.  crapit even makes me want to cap in my BB's sometimes because I know that the reward is so good.

Maybe if we have 1 or 2 of those DD's that popped in the first 5 min of match we could have won it.  Playing the pan Asian line made me rethink the DD's purpose and I am just saying that they don't have to be one trick ponies but in ranked you get rewarded heavy for doing that one trick.  I guess I am also salty that in a Pan Asian DD capping doesn't make sense cause your more likely to get torped than cap so I have to find other ways to get xp like sinking BB's and such which doesn't get you near as much as a single cap.

That is all, like I said just wanted to start a discussion and see what people thought but I guess most people think that its good the way it is.  I just think that people play the DD as a disposable ship in ranked and that shouldn't be rewarded (not everybody, before all you dd players jump down my throat).

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,114 battles

Just because something is unequal, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed, perhaps they could look at the exp reward for tanking, etc...

Members
1,106 posts
5,712 battles

It's not just caps. You get rewarded on % of damage done to ships.  If all your 101k was done to bbs it's not worth much.

Also, dds are a lot squishier and riskier to play than bbs. They deserve the rewards they get if they manage to survive.

Sign in to follow this