Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Zeka

Fire's Ranked advice

5 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,161 battles

So the Ranked season has started, and naturally, that can lead to some extremely frustrating games due to it being the holidays and all. While the Rankes system can be quite unforgiving and can lead to unprecedented amounts of salt, hate, anger, and anguish, my process is designed to minimize my salt flow, and I would like to share it with everyone. 

First off, decide early what rank you want to get to. And don't let up until you get there. In my case, i chose to grind it to rank 10 and quit, because if past seasons are any indication that's about the extent of my patience. 

Next, choose your ship to play and enter a battle. MAKE SURE YOU PICK A SHIP YOU ARE VERY COMFORTABLE USING. I cannot stress that enough; I've seen BBs on the A line who supposedly main DDs according to WoWs-numbers. Anyways, pick your ship and enter a battle, and it helps to know the map layouts and to know early where your ship would be most useful. (Chappy/Nawlins Radar near cap, Lo Yang in cap, etc, etc.)

Play, play, and play as long as you win. If you win your first match, keep going. If you win your second, keep going. If you win your third, keep going. Basically the gist of the story is keep going until you lose a star. If you lose a match but keep your star, then keep going and don't stop until you see that "Unsuccessful battle" at the end of the match. Once you lose that star, go play Randoms or Co Op or Operations. Avoid Ranked for the rest of that day. Get as much upwards momentum going and quit before it starts going downhill. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

Good points. I have never gone further than R10 as I always quit by that point in frustration. My goal now is to better that, if i can keep my sanity.

Your advice is good. I keep going until I start losing, then it is time to stop and take a break. Once I find a ship that works (so far I did). then I keep at it.

I seldom play it on weekends though. Potatoes abound.

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,011 battles

Last year I made it to rank 5 and fell all the way back to 10. I have changed my strategy this year. I am just using ranked to grind out the tier 8's that I need to grind. Unfortunately for my teams they are the worst ones to play ranked in. That really doesn't matter though, because rarely are the teams comprised of all people that want to play like a team anyway. So grind past the totally defunct tier 8 MM  is my goal. What is weird is that I seem to be winning more with this strtategy.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[5IN]
Members
1,791 posts
8,129 battles

All good points.  Many people use ships they are no good in, just because they were recommended by others.  Play what works best for you, not everyone else.

Also, don't play CVs if you aren't good in them... it just makes it worse for the rest of us.

B

Sign in to follow this