You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Th3KrimzonD3mon

A Shout Out

9 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,943 posts
7,518 battles

This is a shout out to my two teams in Ranked so far today. In spite of a stupid mistake on my part in the first round, and despite my being ineffective at hurting anything in the second, you overcame all of that, and won anyway. Good teamwork, understanding the map, the ships, and awareness of what was going on, earned you wins I certainly didn't deserve.

I don't have enough compliments for you all, so this will have to do. I salute you. o7

[SAA]
Members
856 posts
27,272 battles
28 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Uh, naming and shaming is against forum rules.

He did not use any names, and to tell you the truth if a player dose something this cool and gets in trouble by the moderator, then this game is truly run by idiots.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,943 posts
7,518 battles
33 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Even if this was a negative post, there are no names, so, I have zero clue what you're going on about.

This NOT a negative post, and there still aren't any names. There's certainly no shame, except for my own.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

This is a shout out to my two teams in Ranked so far today. In spite of a stupid mistake on my part in the first round, and despite my being ineffective at hurting anything in the second, you overcame all of that, and won anyway. Good teamwork, understanding the map, the ships, and awareness of what was going on, earned you wins I certainly didn't deserve.

I don't have enough compliments for you all, so this will have to do. I salute you. o7

I had 2 really good teams this morning.  I don't recall names.  No one I recognized.  I was running the 23 and had a Lo as a DD partner.  We just boot stomped everything.  Big shout to the Hipper that just sort of trailed us..  Never too close, but never too far.  

[OPEC]
Members
945 posts
5,108 battles

Don't get me wrong, Forum messages that compliment teams are both a rare thing and a very nice gesture.  However, what if your teams don't remember carrying you or never come to these boards?  If you saved screenshots of your teammates names and performances, I suggest you send some of these though the WG gifting function instead...  :cap_look:

Capture.JPG

Edited by delp5117

[PSP]
Members
6,262 posts
8,901 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

It might be a good idea if some people here in the forums researched what "naming and shaming" actually entails.

I would say that the following are not "naming and shaming"

• Quoting people in the forums or in the game if their content does not violate any rules.
  • Mentioning the the names players you have seen in the game.
  • Mentioning other forumerers in your posts in a neutral, positive or questioning fashion.
  • Using fourmers' names in non-derogatory humorous parodies.
  • Probably using forumers names to give positive constructive criticism, especially if asked.
  • Posting snapshots of endgame players' lists without saying anything derogatory.
  • Mentioning members of your team, or of the enemy team, and congratulating them for a game well fought.
  • Mentioning a player or players and expressing admiration or explaining their in-game tactics.
  • Mentioning a player's name that you think is funny and maybe even using it in a non-derogatory joke.

What is "naming and shaming? Well, take a look at the forum rules:

• Accusing others of being toxic in-game
  • Accusing others of malicious activity
  • Accusing others of cheating or using illegal services
  • Accusing others of trolling on the forums
  • Claiming to have "reported" someone

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Members
762 posts
15,824 battles

The original poster said that a player named @Th3KrimzonD3mon

• made "a stupid mistake" and
  • was "ineffective at hurting anything"

These were certainly not complementary things to be said about @Th3KrimzonD3mon and I was just pointing that out.

...and now a truism from theLaalaa: A sense of humor is as necessary in life as a sense of smell. ;)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,943 posts
7,518 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

The original poster said that a player named @Th3KrimzonD3mon

• made "a stupid mistake" and
  • was "ineffective at hurting anything"

These were certainly not complementary things to be said about @Th3KrimzonD3mon and I was just pointing that out.

...and now a truism from theLaalaa: A sense of humor is as necessary in life as a sense of smell. ;)

A) There was no indication you were attempting to be humorous; B) We can shame ourselves as much as we want, there's no rule against it. The rule applies to us shaming other players.