You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

All Prior CV Rants Rescinded

30 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,473 battles

God help me playing a CV is an addictive guilty pleasure. I take back all the crap I spewed regarding the CV mess.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,241 battles

Glad you have seen the light and come to realize your faults and misgivings,    LOL

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,270 battles

- Commander, we finally converted one!

- Great, how many are left?

(Sea of angry people outside)

- Uhhhhh...

In all seriousness, though, good job that you actually played a Carrier (unlike most of the people complaining). There are still faults with carriers, but they are at least better spotted from the inside.

And addictive it is.

Members
470 posts
12,448 battles

Address the perma spotting of DDs with squadrons and the skill disparity of CVs basically deciding a match and I will stop complaining about them too.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,798 posts
7,034 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

God help me playing a CV is an addictive guilty pleasure. I take back all the crap I spewed regarding the CV mess.

I did say in your last post I expect to see you in a Midway in one year's time/

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

Just because you like something doesnt mean that it's no longer stupid.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,186 battles

People who like to bash on CVs have usually never played one. I used to hate CVs until i tried playing them myself. Its a lot harder than it looks, but it can be extremely rewarding

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

Hard to master, but once you get it, not so hard.  If by rewarding, you mean able to influence a match like no other, then yes.

Something being difficult to master doesn't make it ok to ruin games with, just because it was difficult to master.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Bad 3

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Nobody hates cv's, just the people that play them. especially the 2000 game career 35%wr cv player.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

if you are playing t4,  it is easy clubbing.  but when you run into t6 with t5 and get strafed, you understand the stupidity of the CV and lack of balance. 

Edited by centarina

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,473 battles
24 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Nobody hates cv's, just the people that play them. especially the 2000 game career 35%wr cv player.

Well, after 15 Bogue games I have a 53%WR and 1008 WTR.....not great but I'm working on it. The CV thing can still feel a little "cheaty" but it does require a lot more attention than other ships.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,585 battles
2 hours ago, Prothall said:

Address the perma spotting of DDs with squadrons and the skill disparity of CVs basically deciding a match and I will stop complaining about them too.

yep still don't stop me from playing Kaga and Saipan until they do ......other than when I drive one CV can beat it every other match lool

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
2 hours ago, KalishniKat said:

Well, after 15 Bogue games I have a 53%WR and 1008 WTR.....not great but I'm working on it. The CV thing can still feel a little "cheaty" but it does require a lot more attention than other ships.

If only most cv players cared, it's the lifer's that play cv 1000's of times and have the same wr as if they were just afk.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,605 posts
5,168 battles
3 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Just because you like something doesnt mean that it's no longer stupid.

my favorite ex GF said that about a year before she dumped me.

about 3 months after she dumped me, I asked her if I appeared to be any more stupid now that she didn't like me any more. she said it was a stupid question, and she didn't like me because I am stupid.

anyway, your comment brought back some fond memories, thank you!

on the thread topic, so the moderators and forumites continue to love and appreciate my posts, lately I find myself not giving a rat's [edited]about how players feel about the way I play the game, I have considered trying out a CV again. 

not.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

I would like to play carriers too outside of pve but I suck too much. I tried to strafe or manual drop but it seems not to be my kind of playstyle. And that from someone who has a Saipan, Kaga and Big E. Plus I grinded my way to T9 of the IJN carriers by pve starting with the Hiryu.

K, I play sometimes low tier CV if I need to do missions and I‘m not that bad. But higher tier CV play is to stressful for me.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
7 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Another lost soul...  :Smile_sad:

My soul was lost the second Enterprise was announced.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,798 posts
7,034 battles
3 hours ago, centarina said:

if you are playing t4,  it is easy clubbing.  but when you run into t6 with t5 and get strafed, you understand the stupidity of the CV and lack of balance. 

until you progress to t7 and enjoy the sweet handling of Hiryu as you club unsuspecting over confident Saipans and Kagas, or t8 where a complex web of balances and checks with 4 cvs available mixes up the meta (and again, causes much rage), or t9 with the endless struggle for "who's best" between Essex and Taiho, before ultimately the very binary but finely tuned confrontations of t10. (And inb4ucansayit, nerfs, patches reworks, are always WIP, whoever is best to day, will be worst tomorrow)

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,798 posts
7,034 battles
2 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

My soul was lost the second Enterprise was announced.

Was that your first or second soul? Surely Saipan ..

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
1 minute ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Was that your first or second soul? Surely Saipan ..

Never got Saipan. Was waiting for Big E.